How do YOU bun your hair?

tetbelle

Please give details on how you bun your hair for example:

While wet or dry? while wet

What do you apply before you bun? NTM leave-in before brushing, Fantasia IC gel and hair polisher to hold in place. ORS olive oil on my ends

How do you get it into a bun? I use two different brushes one to get in all back in a bun and a bristle brush to smooth it down

What do you use to hold your bun in place? I use a scrunchie

Do you wear it high or low? I usually wear it in the middle or low

Do you use a part? sometimes I use a middle part

Do you do your bun in the morning or at night/everyday or once a week or other? I do my bun in the morning

Do you scarf your bun? Not usually

And any other info you want to add.

Thanks!

honeybadgirl

While wet or dry? i used to do it either way but after lhcf only when dry

What do you apply before you bun? Elixir leave in, aveda usc, aveda humectant and some silk infusions

How do you get it into a bun? brush

What do you use to hold your bun in place? usually i just twist my own hair into a bun using nothing but bobby pins

Do you wear it high or low? low baby :grin:

Do you use a part? sometimes on the side or none at all.

Do you do your bun in the morning or at night/everyday or once a week or other? sometimes at nite, mostly in morning but most definitely daily.

Do you scarf your bun? sometimes

CAPlush

While wet or dry? Wet
What do you apply before you bun? Wild Growth hair oil or other oil
How do you get it into a bun? I smooth my hair back with my hands after detangling under running water
What do you use to hold your bun in place? bobby pins (no donut, I do my bun with my own hair only
Do you wear it high or low? middle

Do you use a part? no

Do you do your bun in the morning or at night/everyday or once a week or other? On wash days which is every 3-4 days

Do you scarf your bun? Always

foxy kc

While wet or dry? Both

What do you apply before you bun? VO5 Detangling leave-in and PM Super skinny serum when wet......VO5 leave-in and wonder 8 oil when dry

How do you get it into a bun? I use a boar bristle brush.

What do you use to hold your bun in place? I twist it around itself and use a hair pin to hold it in place.

Do you wear it high or low? I usually wear it low

Do you use a part? sometimes a side part

Do you do your bun in the morning or at night/everyday or once a week or other? I do my bun in the morning daily

Do you scarf your bun? No

KEWLKAT103

While wet or dry? damp or wet

What do you apply before you bun? som e type of moisturizer. Usually carrot oil or whatevers in my spritz bottle. Then seal with WGO

How do you get it into a bun? Gently pull hair back into bun. Sometimes brush the fuzzies on top down.

What do you use to hold your bun in place? scrunchies

Do you wear it high or low? both

Do you use a part? middle part

Do you do your bun in the morning or at night/everyday or once a week or other? Just depends on when I'm working, but I bun daily during the week. Sometimes before bed, but more often I bun right before work.

Do you scarf your bun? Most always. Because I rarely use a brush, I will have fuzzies if I don't scarf it for a few minutes.

audacity.

While wet or dry? both

What do you apply before you bun? usually water to smooth and lay it down and sometimes olive oil or castor oil on top of the water

How do you get it into a bun? wide tooth comb to comb my hair out, bristle brush to smooth it down and a toothbrush to get the hairline and that type 5z kitchen of mine!!!!

What do you use to hold your bun in place? a soft ponytail holder (it isn't a scrunchie and not one of those elastic things - it is a cloth fuzzy material...) to hold the pony and once i twist it around, i hold the bun with a black rubber band

Do you wear it high or low? ALWAYS low (i gotta cover that kitchen :) )

Do you use a part? a side part...i think i part depending on what is "fashionable" as i used to wear a middle part

Do you do your bun in the morning or at night/everyday or once a week or other? in the morning and everyday

Do you scarf your bun? not my bun per se, i use a scarf to further lay my hairline and that kitchen down

Iluvsmuhgrass

While wet or dry? both but my hair responds better when dry (don't like to manipulate wet hair too much.

What do you apply before you bun? Elasta QP mango butter for the edges , WGHO, NTM leave in, and evoo or castor on the hair and/or ends.

How do you get it into a bun? I put it into a ponytail and use a homemade bun form. I spread my hair from the center of the ponytail using my hand. Then I use a fine tooth comb to cover (the teeth of the comb) and tuck ends under (the tail).

What do you use to hold your bun in place? bobby pins

Do you wear it high or low? middle to low

Do you use a part? I always use an off center/side part

Do you do your bun in the morning or at night/everyday or once a week or other? In the morning

Do you scarf your bun? No. I take it out in the evenings.

LovelyLionessa

Great thread! :clapping:

While wet or dry? Dry

What do you apply before you bun? I apply BB Oil Moisturizer to my hairline, BTZ Stiff Head to my edges as needed. I treat my ends ends to a creamy leave-in like Aveda USC or Hollywood Beauty Carrot Creme and seal w/oil.

How do you get it into a bun? I sweep my hair back with my hands and lightly use a baby or boar bristle brush to smooth hair into place.

What do you use to hold your bun in place? Good question! This varies, sometimes I use a Scunci mini scrunchie over my ponytail and coil my hair into a bun and secure w/a Good Hair Days pin. Otherwise, I'll use a long hairpin from Tenderheaded.com.

Do you wear it high or low? Low

Do you use a part? Yes, either a middle or side part.

Do you do your bun in the morning or at night/everyday or once a week or other? I bun in the morning on the days I wear my hair in this style.

Do you scarf your bun? No

I am soooooo, loving buns right now! :Rose:

Arcadian

While wet or dry? semi-wet/damp

What do you apply before you bun? Depends on the season. Spring/summer I use carefree curl gold, little mango butter, jojoba oil (or whatever I've got at the time). Winter/fall I use care free curl gold, sometimes mango butter, jojoba oil (or whatever I've got at the time) My hair dosen't always like mango butter in the winter.

How do you get it into a bun? I just gather it up and put it in a bun. I don't comb or brush but every 4 days. It took practice:lol: so the day that I wash/deep con is the day I decide if I'm going to have a part and where its going to be.

What do you use to hold your bun in place? scrunchie, sometimes pins.

Do you wear it high or low? Low

Do you use a part? sometimes. The part varies and depends on how I decide to wear my hair that week.

Do you do your bun in the morning or at night/everyday or once a week or other? Every Morning (ok sometimes it runs into Afternoon but every day...lol)

Do you scarf your bun? I don't know what that means? :confused:

-A

Blackoutzangel05

While wet or dry? when dry

What do you apply before you bun? Cream moisturizer and oil mix

How do you get it into a bun? I use my hands
What do you use to hold your bun in place? When I was wearing a bun I used a donut that was covered in fake hair to better blend. I loved it! I used a scrunchie to hold the ponytail and then one over top of the bun
Do you wear it high or low? middle or low

Do you use a part? no never used a part
Do you do your bun in the morning or at night/everyday or once a week or other? Other, right now I trying to stay away from bunning because of the stress it puts on my edges, but its a great protective style especially if I am baggying my hair still...might use it occassionally

Do you scarf your bun? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

amwcah

While wet or dry? Both. While wet after I wash my hair.

What do you apply before you bun? I apply Profectiv's Healthy Ends to the last 2" of my hair. The remaining hair is smoothed with Hollywood's Carrot Creme. I seal my ends with JBCO and the rest of my hair with Alma oil.

How do you get it into a bun? Smooth with fingers and lay with my scarf.

What do you use to hold your bun in place? I use a homemade scrunchie out of stockings.

Do you wear it high or low? It varies with the phony pony I attach. I wear it high, low, very low, and laid to the side.

Do you use a part? You know, I never wear a part, but I need to. I wear it straight back most of the time.

Do you do your bun in the morning or at night/everyday or once a week or other? I do my bun in the morning

Do you scarf your bun? Yes, to lay down edges.

Last edited:

CAPlush

Tetbelle,
What do you mean by "scarf your bun." I answered "always" but that is because I use a silk scarf to hold to hair in place overnight until it is dry. Please explain!

tetbelle

Arcadian said:
Do you scarf your bun? I don't know what that means? :confused:

Sorry ladies if I wasn't clear, a few of you questioned this one:

Do you put a scarf on after you bun your hair to either go to sleep, lay it down flatter, or to help smooth edges etc...

OneInAMillion

While wet or dry? While Dry

What do you apply before you bun? ORS carrot cream & seal with Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil. On my new growth, any conditioner lying around...usally Sedal something.

How do you get it into a bun? I use a VERY soft boar bristle brush on the top, sides and back egdes. Then I take my hair as if doing a ponytail, but wrapping the length around the middle. Then I stick chopsticks through it to hold it in place. Also, I use the Serenity Breeze's baggie bun method.

What do you use to hold your bun in place? Sticks or large bobby pins

Do you wear it high or low? All over! Middle, side, high and low.

Do you use a part? Sometimes a side part, only when I wear it to the side. Mainly no part.

Do you do your bun in the morning or at night/everyday or once a week or other? I do my bun in the morning; I let my hair breathe at night (in the baggie of course :lol: ).

Do you scarf your bun? In the morning, I tie the scarf around the front and edges. I bun before I shower, then scarf, then I take it off before I walk out the door.