How Do You Use Your Gel?

Isis

I recently bought Nexxus Styling Gel (half-price sale) after I saw it has no alcohol and the ingredients look very moisturizing. It also is supposed to protect hair from damaging heat, sunlight, pollution and the elements. Has anyone tried this particular gel? And what is the best way to use gel on the hair? I've never bought any before. Thank you!

NAY007

i haven't used that particular gel, but i do use gel every day on my hair. it doesn't contain alcohol either. when my hair is still damp, i put the l'oreal serum in it do detangle, then i add one of my oils, then i add my gel and then put my hair in a bun or braid. i need the gel for my hairline.

adrienne0914

i've never used that gel either. but with mine, what i do is... after i wash, i use the monoi oil and the Elasta QP Recovery. then i detangle. after that, i put the Fantasia IC gel/World of Curls activator mix on and make my bun, etc.

Isis

Thank you both. I used some on my hair yesterday after it was airdried (hope that was ok) and got a pretty sleek looking french twist. My hair felt very soft, which was one of my concerns. I didn't want any crispy hair. Nexxus Styling Gel has protein, I think. It has collagen amino acids and soluble collagen (I should look that up)but it doesn't feel hard in my hair. And no flaking. I'll try it again today.