what part of your hair do you use gel on?

monie20032007

I just got through reading the thread about aloe vera gel and i saw someone say it was good for wash and go's, so does that mean you use gel on other parts of your hair other than your edges? If so, does the gel dry your hair out?

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i use it all over. it dosent dry out my hair except protein gels which feel like they are drying as soon as i put it on and store brand aloe vera gels. fantasia and smooth n shine are my only favorites. i use them with infusium 23 which helps alot but it gets flaky when i dont re wash for a few days smooth n shine dosent really need leave in. ive used it as a moisturizer when i was out. for some reason gels feel more moisturizing to me than anything else.:ohwell:

Traycee

When my scalp is dry ...I put it on my scalp..I use it for my edges....And I apply to hair for soft curls that hold when I do my roller sets or flex-rods...and I use it for my braid-outs

Jynkx

you have to make sure you get the 100% aloe vera gel. please make sure it has NO alcohol in it!!!!!!!!

i use it all over my hair depending on what im doing. no it isnt drying. its grrrrrreat!

Traycee

so if you put it on your ends wont your hair break off, or is that true only if the gel has alcohol in it?

It doesn't have alcohol.....but other ingredients that can dry hair...That I can't spell and don't feel like getting up to read the ingredients.....but I use my leave in and moisturize and seal...I haven't had any problems....I love it...

monie20032007

It doesn't have alcohol.....but other ingredients that can dry hair...That I can't spell and don't feel like getting up to read the ingredients.....but I use my leave in and moisturize and seal...I haven't had any problems....I love it...

do you have any pics of it when its in your hair?

blasiancurlie

ITA that you should use leave-in with gels to combat the dryness and crunchiness that you sometimes get with using gel. and i also use it all over when i do a wash and go. i coat my hair with leave-in first before putting the gel on top or i mix the gel with coconut oil.

monie20032007

ok thanks girls, i guess if i were to use gel on any part of my hair other than edges, i will get the 100% aloe vera gel.

lsw29

I use gel for my wash and go as well as my puffs. I always put a leave in on first then the gel. I try to use only gels that have no alcohol like Fantasia and Eco styler gel.

LadyKaypnyc

Sometimes I use it all over to tame my 4a coils, other times I use it on my edges...so far so good, no flaking, no drying:grin:

LovelyLionessa

i use it all over. it dosent dry out my hair except protein gels which feel like they are drying as soon as i put it on and store brand aloe vera gels. fantasia and smooth n shine are my only favorites. i use them with infusium 23 which helps alot but it gets flaky when i dont re wash for a few days smooth n shine dosent really need leave in. ive used it as a moisturizer when i was out. for some reason gels feel more moisturizing to me than anything else.:ohwell:

Yeah, this happens to me too so I can't really reapply too often. I alternate between FOTM aloe vera gel and Fantasia IC, I mix them w/Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil treatment for softness.

monie20032007

I have the pink fantasia ic styling gel with sparkle lites, will this work on my hair for a wash n go if i use it on my relaxed ends while transitioning?

Last edited: