How do you use your Afroveda products?

pmichael52172

I recently won about 13 samples of Afroveda Products :yay: This is a huge deal for me because I'm transitioning and my hair's needs are changing ... while my pocketbook is not.

I got some great stuff (except the PUR whipped Gelly :ohwell:) and I'd like to know what good combinations or layers of these products are good to try.

Also, how do you use your products (ie. on Damp hair, dry hair, roller sets, twist outs, deep conditioning) And how do you use a shampoo bar?

Lastly, I have dry hair and my sample of the Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter is for very oily hair. Will I experience adverse affects if I use this? I want to use EH-vuh-ree-thing!!!

Thanks for any help!

ps. The CocoaLatte mask smells :lick: Can't wait to use it.

CocoBunny

Hmmmm I'd like to order a few products. I've seen some good reviews but if anyone has more info on the product line and its uses, I would be most appreciative.

redecouvert

omg! you were the lucky winner!! lucky gal!!
Alright I loove Afroveda.
I currently have 4 products..no 5 but I had ordered all of her seven line and ended up giving everything to a friend because it has orange oil which i am allergic to :(
I wished she had listed exactly what she puts in the essential oil blend because she uses a lot of citrus oils which i am allergic too...

I have to say customer service is excellent especially the communication.
For instance, after that incident, she listed all the essential oils she uses...
anyways i am rambling..

I've tried most of her regular line
here's what I have and how I use
loc hempseed butter: loooove it! my favorite, a staple for me!
I use it to flat twist my hair, to add moisture and mostly to twist my hair

cocolatte mask, if I have twists, I'll add a bit for shine but usually i wear it on my wash and gos days.....smells sooo good

the ricebran oil and the hibiscus oil: you can use them as sealant, pre-poo, hot oil treatment, leave-in, you choose. I use them as pre-poo

the carrot/castor poo bar ...lovely

I used to have the shea-amla which was lovely. I would first apply the shea-amla then the loc hempseed because my hair is soo dry

whipped gelly didn't work for me as well as the coconut moisture conditioner
I hope that helps :)

Last edited: