How Do You Take Your Water?

shunta

This is a great thread! :yep: Ive been reading everyone's responses and taking notes. Ive been trying to drink more water but its tough for me. I do agree with the OP about drinking water from a straw. Drinking water from a straw helps me to drink more.:)

The Girl

just_DSP said:
We know drinking water is important to a healthy body and beautiful hair, but it's not always easy to drink 8+ glasses a day. What do you do to make sure you're drinking enough? My water drinking tricks:

1. I stopped drinking soda. I couldn't stop cold turkey, so I started buying 100% fruit juice and adding seltzer water to it for some fizz. Each week I gradually added more seltzer and less juice. Then I switched to plain seltzer with a twist of lime or lemon. It took a while, but now soda is way too sweet for me.

2. My best friend's mom is Japanese and she drinks hot water with lemon. She says it better for the stomach than ice water. I started drinking hot lemon water at night and first thing in the morning. I can drink lots of water this way, especially when it's chilly out.

3. I drink room temperature water throughout the day. Cold water quenches my thirst faster, so I end up drinking less than I need.

4. I use a straw. I know it sounds silly, but with a straw I find I don't gulp air while I'm drinking, so I can drink more water.

5. TMI: but I monitor my pee. If it's pale yellow, I'm drinking enough. If it gets darker, I immediately drink a glass of water.

6. I drink out of a pretty glass. It makes me feel fancy. If I want to feel extra fancy, I'll add lime or lemon-twist ice cubes.

So how do you get you daily water allowance?

Definitely do both of these...the straw does help. I pour the amount I want to drink for the day in a big container then pour in a glass and drink with a straw. Doesn't seem like I am drinking as much

diamondlady

I have a water schedule or else there is no way I will get the water I need.

I drink bottled water. One bottle in the morning before I leave for work I sip it as I get ready and in the car. One bottle at my desk must be gone before my daily 10am meeting. One at lunch . . . you get the idea.

This is the only thing that works for me.

DSP

How's your water intake today?

For a change of pace, I just had some seltzer water with a paper thin sliver of orange. Refreshing!

crlsweetie912

co signing on the room temp water.
I am a guzzler, I usually have about 60 oz before lunch!
I keep a case of bottled water in my car

DSP

crlsweetie912 said:
co signing on the room temp water.
I am a guzzler, I usually have about 60 oz before lunch!
I keep a case of bottled water in my car

Ooh, I need to start keeping water in my car. Good Idea!