how do you make your own sulfur grease

gymfreak336

I really want a creme with a high amount of sulfur but I really can't find exactly what I am looking for. How could I make one? I basically want a creme version of MTG. I already knew that sulfur assisted hair growth and in an old elle magazine I had they said that sulfer is basically like fertilizer for the skin and hair. I've never tried it topically but I want to give it a go.

nychaelasymone

u could blend it w/ coconut oil & let it solidify. I mixed sulfur w/ silk elements root growth oil. turned out rather nice. I now just use the sulfur cream oil from Qhemet Biologics.

gymfreak336

nychaelasymone said:
u could blend it w/ coconut oil & let it solidify. I mixed sulfur w/ silk elements root growth oil. turned out rather nice. I now just use the sulfur cream oil from Qhemet Biologics.

Thats the one I am thinking about buying but I want more sulfur in it and I don't think they would custom make one for me.

HoneyDew

I made a cream once.

I used Hollywood beauty Carrot cream as my base along with Sulfur powder, some EOs and oils all mixed up in the blender - YES I did use the blender.

I whipped it up and start putting iton my scalp.

This really was before I took my hair growing seriously and never gave it afair trial.

It is worth revisiting, though.

gymfreak336

HoneyDew said:
I made a cream once.

I used Hollywood beauty Carrot cream as my base along with Sulfur powder, some EOs and oils all mixed up in the blender - YES I did use the blender.

I whipped it up and start putting iton my scalp.

This really was before I took my hair growing seriously and never gave it afair trial.

It is worth revisiting, though.

Thanks. It seems that most of the growth products we have success with here contain sulfur. I wanted to make one so I know how much sulfur is really in it. Where did you get your sulfer powder.

amina kamal

When you mix up your own sulfur treatment does it still have the same smell as MTG? Which type of sulfur do you use (MSM or medicinal sulfur)?

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
BUMP BUMP BUMP

I wana know this too. I was thinking about this earlier. Where can sulfur powder be bought?

HoneyDew

amina kamal said:
When you mix up your own sulfur treatment does it still have the same smell as MTG? Which type of sulfur do you use (MSM or medicinal sulfur)?

I used the "flowers of sulfur" powder and the mixture smelled like the carrot cream and oils.

gymfreak336 said:
Thanks. It seems that most of the growth products we have success with here contain sulfur. I wanted to make one so I know how much sulfur is really in it. Where did you get your sulfer powder.

I ordered my online, but I cannot remember the site. It was one suggested by another member. It was just afew bucks. You may beable tofind it at the drug store or Walmart, too.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
thanks honeydew & luvlonghair....is this sulfur powder the same as MSM Sulfur powder (or crushed tablets)? TIA

amina kamal

Thanks so much this info is very helpful..that MTG stench is startin to get me :eek: ... I wonder if the homeade version has the same results as stanky MTG?

nychaelasymone

u can add more sulfur poweder to qhemets, but I must warn u, they use a vegetable thickner as a base, it can be rather heavy, but I like it....it does have an odor but nothing like MTG.

HoneyDew

TSUprincess04 said:
thanks honeydew & luvlonghair....is this sulfur powder the same as MSM Sulfur powder (or crushed tablets)? TIA

They are different. MSM is organic sulfur and is a nutrient whereas the yellow one is the one in chemisty class that is an element.

Radianthealth

I use flowers of sulfur from the pharmacy. You can pick up a bottle at the pharmacy where you would pick up your prescriptions. There is no odor. I mix mine with Organic Root Stimulator no more flakes (This has great ingredients on its own)

I also make a sulfur oil with the powder, Rosemary oil, and Jojoba Oil

gymfreak336

Thanks for the replies ladies.I was thinking about emailing quemet or jane carter and begging them to custom make me one. I did my senior project on aromatherapy and started my own line as me final product. I had a name and packaging and gave it out to my friends and teachers. Maybe I should just stop being lazy and start it back up again and make my own scalp fertilizer as my stand out product. I was thinking about creating a light cream base with amla oil and sulfur as the active ingredients.

gymfreak336

I am starting a journal entry about this. If you have any suggestions please leave a comment on my journal. Thanks Ladies

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
ya'll are to technical for me. I'll just stick w/ sulfur8. If u make a good batch, can u sell it 2 me? The last time I tried to mix something, it led to disaster!:lol:

gymfreak336

Do you all know if the sulfur dissolves in liquid oil or does it need to be whipped into a cream?

I think I want it to have a soft consistency so it will be easy to apply but I also want it to be solid enough so it won't melt to easily. I was thinking 3/4 soft butter and one harder one just to add some firmness and stabilty to the texture. If the sulfur will mix easily in liquid oils I might just make a oil blend adn put it in a little bottle with a nozzle so I can put it directly on my scalp.

gymfreak336

DDtexlaxd said:
ya'll are to technical for me. I'll just stick w/ sulfur8. If u make a good batch, can u sell it 2 me? The last time I tried to mix something, it led to disaster!:lol:

If I can make it do what I think it can do I'll send you some.

Radianthealth

When I mixed it into the cream I just stirred it, It didn't separate. In an oil it always goes to the bottom and I have to shake everytime I use it.

gymfreak336

trimbride said:
When I mixed it into the cream I just stirred it, It didn't separate. In an oil it always goes to the bottom and I have to shake everytime I use it.

Thanks. Do you think the sulpur made a difference in you hair growth scalp condition?

Tee

TSUprincess04 said:
BUMP BUMP BUMP

I wana know this too. I was thinking about this earlier. Where can sulfur powder be bought?

TSUPrincess I know you can order it off line but they also sell it here at Dr. Champion's. Funny this was posted today. I went to the Medicinal Shoppe today on my lunch break to look for it and the lil Jewish man told me to Check Dr. Champ. He said he knew they had it.

**The funny part was that he asked me if I lived in South Memphis. I said, "I dont have to live in South Memphis to know you are referring to Dr. Champion." He was like..Oh OK.:perplexed

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Letitia said:
TSUPrincess I know you can order it off line but they also sell it here at Dr. Champion's. Funny this was posted today. I went to the Medicinal Shoppe today on my lunch break to look for it and the lil Jewish man told me to Check Dr. Champ. He said he knew they had it.

**The funny part was that he asked me if I lived in South Memphis. I said, "I dont have to live in South Memphis to know you are referring to Dr. Champion." He was like..Oh OK.:perplexed

lol, oh no, he did NOT go there with that South Memphis comment.

I've never heard of Dr. Champion. I went to the Wild Oats here in Nashville today to look for some sulfur powder. All I saw was MSM powder, but I didn't get it because I didn't know if it was the exact same as sulfur powder. Anyhoo, instead I just got some Almond Pure-Castile Soap (the bar). I think I read on here about women using castile soap to wash their hair; I'll try that out tonight.

But back to the original topic, I might have to check that Dr. Champion out the next time I'm at home.

Tee

TSUprincess04 said:
lol, oh no, he did NOT go there with that South Memphis comment.

I've never heard of Dr. Champion. I went to the Wild Oats here in Nashville today to look for some sulfur powder. All I saw was MSM powder, but I didn't get it because I didn't know if it was the exact same as sulfur powder. Anyhoo, instead I just got some Almond Pure-Castile Soap (the bar). I think I read on here about women using castile soap to wash their hair; I'll try that out tonight.

But back to the original topic, I might have to check that Dr. Champion out the next time I'm at home.

lol. Yes He Did. Dr. Champion will mix up some stuff for you for all kind of stuff! He has a site. He is really into the natural healing kind of things from back in the day kinda. He has a website. Let me look.
*I looked in Wild Oaks here also. I didnt find it.**

Edited to add link: Click Here

Last edited:

saqqara

nychaelasymone said:
u can add more sulfur poweder to qhemets, but I must warn u, they use a vegetable thickner as a base, it can be rather heavy, but I like it....it does have an odor but nothing like MTG.

This is what I was going to suggest. Just add more to qhemets sulfur pomade. She posted instructions on another site when someone asked if they could add castor oil to the amla pomade I think. She said to melt it in the microwave for 10 seconds, add a tablespoon, in this case stir in the sulfur? and allow to cool to firm up again. She said essential oils can be added too.

gymfreak336

Thanks for the replies. I have already been playing around in the kitchen and I think I have a base that I pretty happy with. I wanted something smooth like frosting but still firm like nourish and shine. I think that I have achieved that. Still looking around online to see what other additives I can find that might enhance its overall effect. So far I have gotten the base to smell like faint vanilla coffee. I didn't want it to smell really herby and medicated like everything else on the market. I think I am going to go with a 25-30 percent concentration with the sulpur.

LadyD

I make a "grease" using un-petroleum. This is my mix.....

Un-Petroleum
2 tbs of sulphur powder
4 oz olive oil
2 oz coconut oil
4 oz jojoba oil
15 drops lavender essential oil
20 drops of peppermint oil
20 drops of tea tree oil

I got the original mixture from someone on this board. I just decided to use the un-petroleum to make it solid like grease. Un-petroleum does not clog your pores and is the same thing used to make Lenzis Request. I bought mine at www.camdengrey.com
Un-Petroleum Jelly, Natural Wax, 4 lbs. 1 $14.72.