Do you brush your wet hair?

Do you brush your hair up into ponytails when it's wet?

• Yes, all the time.

Votes: 37 25.3%
  • No, never.

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • Sometimes I do.

Votes: 40 27.4%

• Total voters

Aggie

No no no, after washing I put my leave-in in my hair and just let it air dry on it's own. I don't even like combing my hair while wet. It is just too fine for that. That's one of the reasons why I don't use rollersetting as a protective style after washing:nono:, not good for my hair. I can do dry rollersetting often but not wet.

The Princess

I used to do it before I knew any better. No I just use a smaller comb to lay it down, and use a scarf. I do this while it. Just thinking I haven't used my brush in a long time. I been using a smaller comb. The brush was bringing out more hair.

vnaps

I started brushing my hair (dry though) with boar brush but thats ruined my edges but its so tempting and easy to do.trying to stay away from the brush. its not worth it. but all hair is different. have also used small toothed and thats also pulled out my hair.

Fine 4s

I mostly use my Denman brush under the shower, with conditioner on the hair, in sections and with the help of water pressure. If I'm doing a bun, after detangling each section in braids, I'll unbraid all the sections, detangle again and pray that each hair trand doesn't try to hug eachother a la Ladylibra.

I don't usually brush it down but rather apply the moisturizers and sealers (when I remember to seal) and maybe some aloe vera gel (the kind you can apply on sun burns since I'm trying to get rid of this products from years back before I knew LHFC) and tie it down with a scarf. That's good enough for me!

But I ain't gonna lie, one time I decided to brush with my Denman boar bristle brush and oooo wee it looked so good! I only brushed the surface of the hair to lay it down. Now I can see what I've been missing! But I don't do it often at all. This year I did it more though (like 5 times I think).

Hopefully, my shea butter will help smooth the hair out...

jamaraa

Never. My hair lays smoothly because it's all the same length. A smaller comb would be a better option of wet hair than a brush. Never a brush even one of these allegedly miracle Denman brushes.

Cichelle

I sometimes brush my hair with a Denman brush when it's wet. But I don't brush it into a ponytail. I just gather my hair and smooth through it with my fingers and put it in a ponytail or other updo. I don't generally brush my hair when it's dry, except occasionally I will use a baby brush, the kind that is really soft and just brushes the surface. I can use something like that on the top of my head to neaten an already done updo. It would be useless for the length or to gather my hair for a ponytail.

DivaD04

sometimes with a super soft brush....boar brushes in general are to harsh. it wouldn't matter if my hair was wet or dry...boar tears my hair out.

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
I don't brush at all. I learned the hard way when I noticed my edges thinning out. I only use combs and that has worked for me for years.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I do brush my wet hair when I want to pull it back into a pony. I first use a large tooth comb to detangle, then I use a small tooth comb .... I then use the brush just to make the hair sleek before I tie it down.

vkb247

I definitely brush wet. I detangle with my denman in the shower and if I don't put it up when soaking wet then I am going to have to soak it with conditioner and brush with the denman to put it up. Sometimes I use a bristle brush to smooth the edges.

I never brush or comb my hair when dry or without with slip.

OT/ETA: Mai Tai I Love your avi and siggy. Your hair is gorgeous! It looks so healthy and lusciuos and I'm loving the V shape!

DivaD04

I definitely brush wet. I detangle with my denman in the shower and if I don't put it up when soaking wet then I am going to have to soak it with conditioner and brush with the denman to put it up. Sometimes I use a bristle brush to smooth the edges.

I never brush or comb my hair when dry or without with slip.

OT/ETA: Mai Tai I Love your avi and siggy. Your hair is gorgeous! It looks so healthy and lusciuos and I'm loving the V shape![/quote]

i'm just chiming in to second that motion! :gorgeous:

Tee

I brush my wet hair with a Denman, if that counts. I brush it in the shower under running water to detangle. then when I'm out of the shower. I put in my leave-in, moisturizer, and sealer. then use the denman again to smooth into two ponytails.

I brush wet with my denman on wash days with conditioner.
I brush wet hair with my Denman. I love this brush and it's the best for smoothing all my hair down in a bun.

Barbara

Princess
My stylist said we should not use a brush unless it's for styling. Natural boar brush is recommended. Brushing hair 100 strokes a day tears the hair out.

RecipeBABY

HOLD UP!!!! I NEVER KNEW THIS WAS BAD, I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS BETTER, BUT NOW THAT YALL MENTION IT MY EDGES ARE THIN.. AND I HATE BRUSHING MY HAIR WHEN DRY.. SO SHOULD I JUST GET RID OF MY bRUSH????

Last edited:

RecipeBABY

I do brush my wet hair when I want to pull it back into a pony. I first use a large tooth comb to detangle, then I use a small tooth comb .... I then use the brush just to make the hair sleek before I tie it down.

I DO TO.. ALWAYS.. BUT I GUESS THATS WHY MY EDGES ARE THINNING:wallbash:

pri

The only time I brush my hair is on wash day after I wet wrapped it just lightly to smooth it around once and that's it if that. Other then that I use my wide tooth comb to wrap it and the back of it to smooth.

poookie

only when detangling. and even then, i only do my nape. i have extremely fine strands, but they're so thick, i can't get my denman-like brush through. even after detangling with a wide toothed comb first. there's just no hope for me to have smooth, brushed down hair :lol:

longhairlover

i brush sometimes with the paddle brush to blow dry it, now that i'm stretching i get more breakage when i blow dry with the pic attachment. so the brush does real good i just make sure my hair is detangled well, and it can help dry more hair at a time.

but for styling wet hair into ponytails and wet wrapping no i would'nt brush for that. the rules are your not supposed to brush wet hair anyway, but for blow drying i don't have much breakage.