How do you give someone unsolicited hair advice?

Nay

I'd really like to tell someone about Surge, but I don't know how without her feeling embarrased or whatever.

This really nice lady where I sometimes by BBQ has her hair in a TWA, and her edges above her ears are GONE. She used to wear frenchbraids, so I'm assuming maybe that that is what tore her hair out.

I'd like to maybe tell her about Surge since I've seen dramatic results on some of you ladies here, but she and I never talk about hair, and I don't want to make her feel bad.

I thought about just buying some and sending it to her anonymously, but I'm not sure if that's such a good idea.

Any suggestions?

Just chat her up a little, then say hey "I noticed your edges are thinning. My "choose a family member" dealt with thin edges and then used Surge....it drastically improved her edges. Maybe you should check it out. If you'd like I'll you up some on my next trip to the BSS"

I wouldn't be offended by that.

candycane

Re: How do you give someone unsolicited hair advic

Well a couple of months ago I had a customer whose daughter's edges were broken off, not balding. I lied and told her that my lil sister had the same probelm and recommended surge because my sister had great results with it. The lady asked where I got it from and it turns out that she lived in the apt near the bss where they carried it. she didnt seem offended. i guess because i sounded helpful rather than informative.

Candycane and Ayeshia, that sounds easy enough. We talk every time I go in there, so it's not like I'm a complete stranger to her. Next time I go, I'm going to try the approach you guys recommended
smile.gif
And I won't even have to lie, 'cuz several of my *sisters* here at LHCF have conquered the thin edges problem with Surge!

Nay,

Just checking some old threads....Did you give the unsolicited advice to the lady you mentioned in this thread?

candycane

No. I never did. I just chickened out.

BUT the lady must be doing something right. She had cut her hair into a TWA, and the last time I got barbeque there, I noticed that her sides were filling in nicely.

I guess she didn't need my advice (or maybe she's a secret member here already) afterall.

Back