How do u take care of your scapl and hair...

*closer*2*my*dreams*

It's hard and a little time consuming. I have not had a sew-in since april and it only lasted about three weeks before I got fed up and took it out (I think it was because my reggie back then was too complicated). Anyway, just be sure to keep your hair underneath moisturized and I've heard that using sea breeze on the scalp helps to keep it clean and build-up free. After removing the weave, you want to make sure you do a deep conditioning treatment and a protein treatment to help combate any possible dryness or breakage.

naturalgurl

Afrolinda, I'm thinking that a bottle with a tip on it like Doo Gro would be a good idea. I have one that I use to apply oil to my scalp. I want to get a sew in for a few weeks and I've been thinking about this. I would put some oils and whatever else and apply to the scalp. I just wonder about the length that's braided up. I would want to wet the hair but I am worried about the weave looking a mess getting wet all of the time...:ohwell:

*closer*2*my*dreams*

Actually, wetting the weave is the easy part (depending on the brand and quality), most weaves detangle easily and you can blow dry them out and curl them and they look just as good and fresh. I was notorious for washing my weaves and keeping them fresh (the natural hair underneath is what I USED to neglect). As long as you keep your scalp clean and your hair mositurized, you will do just fine with a sew-in...:grin:

Afrolinda

I want to moisturize my hair underneath the sew-in with a mix: aloe vera, glycerine, jojoba oil, water and infusium 23. What do you ladies think about this?

CHECKMATE!

I put PHGO (Patience's hair Growth Oil) on my scalp:look:... every other day...keeps my scalp healthy and encourages hair growth:yep:

naturalgurl

I want to moisturize my hair underneath the sew-in with a mix: aloe vera, glycerine, jojoba oil, water and infusium 23. What do you ladies think about this?

I was thinking along the same lines! I guess to ensure the hair is saturated I would use the bottle with the tip versus spraying it. Very good idea Afrolinda!

Actually, wetting the weave is the easy part (depending on the brand and quality), most weaves detangle easily and you can blow dry them out and curl them and they look just as good and fresh. I was notorious for washing my weaves and keeping them fresh (the natural hair underneath is what I USED to neglect). As long as you keep your scalp clean and your hair mositurized, you will do just fine with a sew-in...:grin:

Thanks! This gives me courage to just do it!

Afrolinda

I was thinking along the same lines! I guess to ensure the hair is saturated I would use the bottle with the tip versus spraying it. Very good idea Afrolinda!

Thanks! This gives me courage to just do it!

Thank you.

BlackGeisha

All the info given is correct you can use an applicator bottle of whatever your choosing to moisturize with and go between each track. I am currently in a sew in, and I chose wet and wavy hair so that in order to moisturize I just get in the shower and wet my whole head. The infusium is a great idea, I use the aphogee leave in which is similar (same watery consistency) and spray between each track. I also use Hawaiian silky 14 in 1 to spray between each track also. Don't braid too tight and try to moisturize everyday (or as needed) and you should be fine. ;)

Last edited: