How are you wearing your hair during Winter?

Amari

I would love to know how everyone is wearing their hair for winter,especially shoulder length ladies.What are you doing to protect your hair from the elements?I was thinking about another sew in,but I feel its too difficult to take care of my hair underneath.(Washing I can do,oiling my scalp through all that thread is really a task)

Nice Lady

I wiggin' it with cornrows underneath and moisturizing 2x a day and sealing. DCing 2-3x a week with moisturizing conditioners and protein(1x a wk).

Kneechay

I'm past shoulder but every winter, I just seem to end up in braids. It's mainly because the only person I trust to do my braids I only see her during winter breaks. Braids are so easy, it cuts so much time off hair styling.

Ivy Santolina

I wear it up - buns or french twists. Every once in a while I'll wear a twist out. Every night before bed I'll put my hair in two-strand twists and bantu knot each twist. So far no split ends and no breakage.

nappi

i wear head scarves

it saves money and keeps me warmer

the odd time i will throw on one of my wigs though for a change

Amari

Weaving it up

This is what I want to do,but I feel like I cant care for my hair as well.(Compared to if I did not have one)All the thread,I cant get to my scalp the way I want to for oiling and washing because my dandruff shows no mercy.Plus the oil makes the weave look nasty no matter how little I use.

Amari

I'm past shoulder but every winter, I just seem to end up in braids. It's mainly because the only person I trust to do my braids I only see her during winter breaks. Braids are so easy, it cuts so much time off hair styling.

I just realized your location when I read this post.If she is in Houston please pm me I started a thread in the salon review forum about a good braider in Houston.(I want my edges lol)

I am using a giant claw some days, a french roll other days and a bun some days, but I don't prefer the bun because I don't like the constant stress in one area of my head. And at night I wrap it to keep it tame in the morning so I can style...

Next year I will invest in pretty clips, pins etc.

Solitude

I'm SL & I have been trying to resist protective styling, but basically hair clips have been my friend lately. I am still rollersetting, but I found myself becoming paranoid about jackets, sweaters, and hats rubbing up against my ends, so I just clip my hair on up and out of the way most days.

I'm going to practice some different updos over the next couple of weeks & if they are cute, I will post pics in my fotki

Kneechay

I just realized your location when I read this post.If she is in Houston please pm me I started a thread in the salon review forum about a good braider in Houston.(I want my edges lol)

She actually was, but she's back in Lubbock, (shes at Texas Tech). She has extremely great rates and she braids fast too. If you want, PM me, so I can get you her info.