how did you wear your hair on your wedding day?

ajoyfuljoy

Hey yall! I just got engaged last week. We are moving pretty quickly and are thinking about a wedding in August of this year. I am stumped concerning my hair. I am trying to figure out what to do with it. I was thinking about curlforming it and then using a bumpit to do a half up half down style but I'm not sure.

I need some inspiration. Come on ladies, lemme see your wedding day hairstyles!

Thanks for this thread. I've got 6 weeks to go and am equally stumped. (blast these relaxed ends!) I have considered wigging it (but don't like the way they look on me), getting a weave (half or full), and getting a BKT so that my hair can with stand the heat and hairspray that will be needed to do right. I'll be lurking here for ideas too.
I think the half up half down idea sounds cute, but have you noticed that a lot of pictures in the bridal mags have the full off the shoulder look. Have you tried a general search online?

CONGRATULATIONS!
I'm too young to get married now, but I would most likely wear my hair in a style that he likes (half up half down) with cute pearl or diamond accessories in it.

Thanks for this thread. I've got 6 weeks to go and am equally stumped. (blast these relaxed ends!) I have considered wigging it (but don't like the way they look on me), getting a weave (half or full), and getting a BKT so that my hair can with stand the heat and hairspray that will be needed to do right. I'll be lurking here for ideas too.
I think the half up half down idea sounds cute, but have you noticed that a lot of pictures in the bridal mags have the full off the shoulder look. Have you tried a general search online?

Hi. I have noticed that. I have done many searches online but it is easier to visualize the styles when I can see them on someone's head with hair similar to mine. That is why I was hoping that some of the ladies here would chime in.

I had locs, but they were chin length so I pulled them up and got some afro marley hair and twisted it in a high puff

BWwedding-vi.jpg

I wore my hair up with side bangs. It was simple, but not exactly what I wanted. Looking back at that 90 degree day, it was probably the best option.

This was the back of my hair...i don't know if you can see it under the veil but I had it in a bun with rosette hairpins.

Attachments

• hair & shimmer.jpg
    hair & shimmer.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 42
Hey yall! I just got engaged last week. We are moving pretty quickly and are thinking about a wedding in August of this year. I am stumped concerning my hair. I am trying to figure out what to do with it. I was thinking about curlforming it and then using a bumpit to do a half up half down style but I'm not sure.

I need some inspiration. Come on ladies, lemme see your wedding day hairstyles!

Congratulations! I just got engaged last week too and we're thinking of an August/early Sept. wedding. Thanks for starting this thread!

I always figured I'd wear my hair in loose curls from a rollerset. But I'm not sure...I'm really interested in cage veils and I love how they look with sleek buns.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! have you considered asking SO? i truly dont know much about wedding planning, but he might give you an idea of what direction to go

I wore mine back with a feathered comb and veil. It was perfect with wind and sweat and dancing. Don't forget dancing!!!! Choose something that no matter when the photo is taken YOU WILL BE STUNNING!

Oh, and keep lip gloss handy. You will be eating, drinking and kissing people and your lipstick is the first to go!!!!

Sorry I do not have a pic but my hair was side parted in the front with a bun in the back. The bun had strands of curls coming from the top of it. I wore a mantilla so this hairstyle was perfect.

As for lip stick, the poster is right in that you will be eating and kissing friends and such. Get a lip stick that does not come off. I had max factor lip infinity. That lipstick really did stay put all i had to do was reapply the gloss (top coat).

Whatever you choose I am sure that you will look beautiful. Congratulations!

Back