braidout for a bridal hairstyle?

ajoyfuljoy

Hey yall,

I am in the midst of planning a wedding for august and I have been wrecking my brain trying to find a wedding hairstyle. it is the only thing that I have a mental block on and can't really make a decision out of.

I have never been one for complicated hairstyles. I like really simple hairstyles. I have been thinking long and hard and I am thinking that I just want to wear a braidout for my bridal hairstyle.

Even though I am relaxed, I adore my braidouts and prefer wearing my hair like this over almost any other style (except for a rollerset). I think it compliments my features the most and looks the most like me.

Has anyone else ever done this for their wedding? Any suggestions or ideas?

I am wearing a waist length veil with a tiara. I am 6 ft. tall. My dress has a cathedral train.

Last edited:

classychic1908

I think it would be lovely! Especially with an elegant hair accesory, I'm thinking something like a broach. Are you wearing a veil?

Solitude

I think it could be very pretty...I love the versatility of braidouts. Would you wear it down, or put the braidout into an updo?

My boyfriend was so used to me with straight hair, but he's loving my different braidout styles, like the one in my avi.

ajoyfuljoy

I think it could be very pretty...I love the versatility of braidouts. Would you wear it down, or put the braidout into an updo?

My boyfriend was so used to me with straight hair, but he's loving my different braidout styles, like the one in my avi.

I don't know. I have to play with it. I am thinking about blowdrying my hair, flat ironing the roots, and then wetting the hair with setting lotion to braiding and rodding it to see how it looks. I would like to take some of the poofiness out of how i normally wear it but have it be a little sleeker. That way, I might be able to do a half up/half down look with it.

Thank you for brainstorming with me. One of my bridesmaids who is a hairdresser offered to do my hair. I'm just thinking that I want a simple style that I wouldn't even need a stylist for.

I remembe reading a thread on here where many ladies talked about how they looked on their wedding day. Many of them said how they just wanted to look very natural. At first I thought it was silly but now I completely understand. I wish I could find that thread.

I just don't want to look like a stranger on that day. I'd rather kind of have a lot of things like they normally are in terms of my hair, nails and makeup. That is what I am thinking now.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
CurlyNikki went through this on her wedding day. She decided to do a twistncurl and had nothing but compliments.

I, on the other hand, forced my curls into a straight updo with curls hanging - IN JULY IN DC. Major fail. My curls fell. I could have done a similar look with my natural hair. Why spend so many hours trying to get it done? Go for ease and a look that you know will last!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
CurlyNikki went through this on her wedding day. She decided to do a twistncurl and had nothing but compliments.

I, on the other hand, forced my curls into a straight updo with curls hanging - IN JULY IN DC. Major fail. My curls fell. I could have done a similar look with my natural hair. Why spend so many hours trying to get it done? Go for ease and a look that you know will last!
Yea..... I was gonna say that CurlyNikki wore a twist n' curl for her wedding. I think that would be very pretty.

Check out her blog for ideas. Also if you didn't want to to twists you could do a braid and curl, i think she has that on her blog as well.

ChocoKitty

Congrats!

A braidout with rodded ends would look beautiful on you! (I swear I thought you were a model the first time I met you at a meet up.)

I'd like to suggest experimenting with Elasta QP Design Foam for setting your braidout. It gives body, shine and a long lasting hold.

ajoyfuljoy

Congrats!

A braidout with rodded ends would look beautiful on you! (I swear I thought you were a model the first time I met you at a meet up.)

I'd like to suggest experimenting with Elasta QP Design Foam for setting your braidout. It gives body, shine and a long lasting hold.

You are too sweet ChocoKitty! :blush: Thank you for that amazing compliment :grin:

You know this weekend was my first weekend using wrap foam to set my braidout and I loved it!

I'm going to try that Elasta QP that you recommended. I think I'll do a trial run this month lol. :)

Keep the suggestions coming ladies. They are awesome!