How did you BC?

Chameleonchick

Well how did you do it? Did you cut the relaxed ends off yourself? Did you have a friend do it? Did you go to a salon/barbershop? ETC..

I initially went to a barbershop that turned me away. So then I cut a big chunk out of my hair which pretty much forced him to do it. :lol:

i did it myself. i took some shears and started cutting away. at first i wanted to use clippers but i didn't want that much off, i wanted to have some hair about 1/2".....i'm slowly but surely growing along.

I went to the salon. I didn't want to zeek myself. It came out great. I only transitioned for 13-14 weeks. I am not very patient and want everything yesterday.

I did it myself. Most of the back was already done, so I just had to cut the rest off.

I was scared someone else would accidently cut too much.

sorry, dont mean to hijack but I have a question...
For some reason the sides and most of the crown of my hair have a distinct demarcation line while other areas like the nape (the longest part - i know usually its the shortest, im backwards) has no distinct texture difference. Did any Bcers have this problem. Did you cut in layers? or just even it out and not really pay attention to what was relaxed ends and what was natural?

Thanks in advance.

sorry, dont mean to hijack but I have a question...
For some reason the sides and most of the crown of my hair have a distinct demarcation line while other areas like the nape (the longest part - i know usually its the shortest, im backwards) has no distinct texture difference. Did any Bcers have this problem. Did you cut in layers? or just even it out and not really pay attention to what was relaxed ends and what was natural?

Thanks in advance.

the front of my hair didn't really have a demarcation line. I ended up cutting way too much. And when I went to get it shaped up they cut it thinking it was relaxed ends. It just grows in pretty straight. If I were you I'd measure before I cut.

me and my mom did mine in the bathroom...then a few weeks later we did hers.

crazydaze911 my line was pretty clear...if you can't really tell, maybe cut smaller sections so you can inspect them before you cut.

My husband helped me to do it. Even is not perfect, i really like it, i planning to not damage my hair so i can have a decent lenght before going to the salon to have my next trim

I just took a deep breath and sat in the chair, my husband just took it all the way down with clippers. He edge me up also just like he does our son. :nono: The BC was not easy for me it was just needed.

at first i got the scissors and did it, but then i went to my hair lady and she buzzed it off with the clippers. i will never do that method again though, because the buzzing sound really unnerved me. i kept feeling like it was going to hurt me. i know it wasn't, but that sound is just scary when its all up on your head lol.

I took the shears and cut all the long pieces off before I took the clippers and cut the rest off. When I was finish you could only brush it. I looked so cute though because I had not shape up so my hair had it's natrual shape to it.

Self Chopper checking in! I could feel the difference in textures, with my fingers (I kept my hair 60% damp to aid in this. I purchased sharp hair scissors (Goody) and snipped away!

BC'd myself. I would wet my hair piece by piece and snip away. It took me 3 1/2 hrs...I was nervous..lol

I did it myself when wet first, then let air sry and snipped all relaxed ends I could find. Then I strightened (blow dry and flat ironed) to actually cut layers/into a style. I used new professional shears.

All on my ownsome!! :D Took my kinky twists out, slapped some water on that sucker and got to snipping where it didn't curl.
Had to do a S&D a few days after for the straight bits remaining but it came out fab!!

Back