How can I loosen the curl pattern of my New Growth?

BlackHairDiva

How can I loosen the curl pattern of my New growth? Is there a leave in lotion /conditioner that can moisturize and loosen the curl pattern without leaving a greasy feeling or as little grease behind?

I need to find something because when i get a touch up, I don't want my stylist to complain that my hair is too rough.

Please help

sunshinelady

Cholesterol deep conditioning provides temporary loosening for me. Some people talked about yogurt. Some people then henna does. Some people think Lime and Coconut cream work. None of those worked for me.

As far as getting a touch up, just blow dry your hair out a week before.

LunadeMiel

How can I loosen the curl pattern of my New growth? Is there a leave in lotion /conditioner that can moisturize and loosen the curl pattern without leaving a greasy feeling or as little grease behind?

I need to find something because when i get a touch up, I don't want my stylist to complain that my hair is too rough.

Please help

You are paying her for a service. There should be no complaining. If she doesn't want to do it take your money elsewhere....
Is your really "rough" (meaning dry, brittle) or does the texture bother you?

BlackHairDiva

You are paying her for a service. There should be no complaining. If she doesn't want to do it take your money elsewhere....
Is your really "rough" (meaning dry, brittle) or does the texture bother you?

she mentioned it was dry and rough. I just want to soften the hair and make it easier to comb trough

TexturedTresses

frequent deep conditioning and cowashes helped soften up my new growth a lot. almost to where it was a different texture. however, i don't think you should bother with a stylist who calls your hair rough and stuff like that. That would upset me if a stylist told me that. your paying for her to do it. does she mean rough as in your hair is dry or texture?

Neith

I can't tell you what to do to your hair, but girl... I wouldn't do coconut and lime JUST to make a stylist happy.

If you want to for personal reasons, then yeah, I'm all for it. :yep:

That's your God given texture and there is nothing wrong with it. It's called type 4 hair... and millions and millions of people have it. If she can't deal with it, that's her problem.

You don't have to "change" your texture :nono:

With that said, my hair is mostly very coarse 4a and I have no problems keeping the newgrowth soft. Constant deep conditioning, and twice daily moisturizing help a lot.

What moisturizer do you use and how often do you moisturize? I currently am using nature's gate conditioner as a leave in/moisturizer. Their conditioners are oil free, but very moisturizing. They are also cheap. I put it on damp hair 2x daily.

I have 3 months of newgrowth right now and it's so soft and well behaved I can barely tell the difference between my texlaxed hair and newgrowth.

caramelcutieinva

I used to use Pro-Line Comb-Thru Softener

It would help soften my hair so I could comb through it. Its actually made for men and my dad recommeneded it to me. We have the same hair type. :) It can usually be found at drug stores or Walmart.

I also love The Body Shop Honey Conditioner. It makes my hair really soft.

Aussie Moist Conditioner and the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Treatment work good too. They are inexpensive and can be found at drugstores , and Walmart's. You can sometiems find them at teh grocery store too. Hope that helps.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
MSM can soften your texture over time. Frequent (2 times or more) deep conditioning will help keep your ng moisturized and softer. Some people swear by French Perm Stabilizer Plus. I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my wishlist :grin: And I agree with the other ladies. You don't need to put up with the attitude of some stylist when you're paying HER. Don't try and change your hair just to please her. There are plenty of stylist who'd love to get your money while treating you professionally :yep: