CIBU Product to Loosen Curl Pattern

bhndbrwneyes

Hello all,

This is a message on behalf of my mother. Basically she has gone natural and her stylist applied (sprayed is what it sounded like) some stuff on her hair by the brand CIBU that loosened her curl pattern. The result is supposed to last for 7 washes. Apparently the product can only be bought from the salons Hair Cuttery and Bubbles which is probably the reason why I’m not finding anything matching its description on their website. My mother says it was a two-step “process”. She asked her stylist if it was natural and the stylist said yes. We both believe the stylist was referring to the product being “for natural hair” and NOT “a natural product”. She is very concerned she might have put damaging chemicals in her hair.

I was wondering if anyone might know what product she is referring to or have had a similar experience?

virtuenow

Sounds like BKT which I do not trust. You basically have to burn the product into your hair w/flat iron. Did they flat iron her hair?

bhndbrwneyes

hmm I see a whole lot of stuff on the CIBU Hi-Ya conditioners and shampoos but nothing on this smoothing treatment other than the youtube video posted about. It has no product page on the website. I'm concerned about the ingredients. Did my mom basically just get a keratin treatment or is this less intense? Do you think she has to grow all this hair out again to be fully naturally or will it be back to normal after 7 washes?

virtuenow

hmm I see a whole lot of stuff on the CIBU Hi-Ya conditioners and shampoos but nothing on this smoothing treatment other than the youtube video posted about. It has no product page on the website. I'm concerned about the ingredients. Did my mom basically just get a keratin treatment or is this less intense? Do you think she has to grow all this hair out again to be fully naturally or will it be back to normal after 7 washes?

The main ingredient in BKT treatments is formaldehyde. Some companies use a similar ingredient that is basically formaldehyde. The hair is supposed to go back to normal eventually (that is if she isn't also heat damaged).

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Maybe, it's similar to Design Essentials smoothing treatment, which is natural and has no formaldehyde.

Can you swing by one of the salons and look into it for your mom?