• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

truequeen06

Anyone else hoping chlorella will regulate weight. I know this is primarily health and hair related, but just curious. You don't have to say how much or anything, but I was just curious.

Weight isn't my primary reason for taking this, but if it did help me shed some pounds, it would be great. I'm looking to loose about 30 lbs through clean eating a excercise . . . I'm having a hard time with the clean eating lol. Damn college.

luckiestdestiny

I would never complain if Chlorella helped me to lose a few pounds. I'm not sure if I have anymore to lose but as long as I don't look like a stick figure Im cool with dropping a pound or two.

My question is about tinglyness. Since about monday my fingertips and scalp and my eyebrows have been all tingly. I can see my nails growing, by the end of the day they are longer than they were in the morning. Now if the tingly equals growth than yay for my scalp but nay for my eyebrows, I already stay on tweezer patrol. Is anybody else experiencing this?
Haven't noticed the tingly. I received a sensation in my head, though and I think that's hair growth related. Don't worry about your eyebrows! I haven't had eyebrow growth. It's not like we'll be woolly mammoths! I also was checking for other types of hair growth as I know some people w/ biotin complain about moustache, etc. No moustache for me! The hair growth is on my head, and other growth in my nails where I need it. I have had to cut my toenails more.:rolleyes:

luckiestdestiny

I'm still aiming for regularity with Chlorella. Haven't noticed any growth with my nails or tingly sensations on my scalp. I had a slight sore throat, but that went away. I've noticed that my appetite isn't as crazy as it used to be and I'm not nearly as tired as I used to be. I think I finish food just because I'm used to doing so.

I really need to pick up some apple sauce from Trader Joe's.

What's your dose now yodie?

belle_reveuse28

I hiope this makes me loose weight, or rather, creates the right environment for it. i'm trying to loose 30 lbs, and so far I have been wroking out five days a week since January 10. I can tell I am smaller, but I would like this to help facilitate faster weight loss. i believe it will because it has curbed my appetite tremendously, and it's true that it also curbs my cravings for sweets and junk food. For the most part, I'm drinking tea all day, like hot green tea, or fasting tea by Yogi, and stuff like that. I'm glad to be able to regulate what i eat, and for teh most part, I eat fish, some chicken, and lots of steamed veggies.

Kimbosheart

Haven't noticed the tingly. I received a sensation in my head, though and I think that's hair growth related. Don't worry about your eyebrows! I haven't had eyebrow growth. It's not like we'll be woolly mammoths!:

LOL, you haven't seen me in person. that quote about frida kahlo and groucho marx is all me without the Indian lady and her thread.

mariofmagdal

Anyone else hoping chlorella will regulate weight. I know this is primarily health and hair related, but just curious. You don't have to say how much or anything, but I was just curious.

Weight regulation would be a most welcomed plus! :bdance:I would certainly do the happy dance! Overall health benefits are my main goal.

luckiestdestiny

I hope this makes me loose weight, or rather, creates the right environment for it. i'm trying to loose 30 lbs, and so far I have been wroking out five days a week since January 10. I can tell I am smaller, but I would like this to help facilitate faster weight loss. i believe it will because it has curbed my appetite tremendously, and it's true that it also curbs my cravings for sweets and junk food. For the most part, I'm drinking tea all day, like hot green tea, or fasting tea by Yogi, and stuff like that. I'm glad to be able to regulate what i eat, and for teh most part, I eat fish, some chicken, and lots of steamed veggies.

I hope it helps you too. With the way you're eating, I'm sure you're on the way. It seems to me this stuff "enhances" what you're doing right.

I am amazed that most of my sweet cravings are gone too. I still crave but I just get full of sweets so quickly. I'm loving that part.

luckiestdestiny

How long did it take you guys to get your Chlorella from Vitacost? I ordered mine on Wednesday. :sad:
I got mine in four days but it should have been 2 as I expedited it. Some on the thread got an email that it was back ordered. It seems like it's only a few days more than normal, though and then it arrives.

IndianAngel22

Well I'm chilling at 3g right now yall and the only time I felt any gurgling or gassyness was the first day and that was only a half teaspoon. I take a teaspoon a night in applesauce and I'm not feeling a thing. My nails feel the same as always, my scalp itches normally so if I'm itching I don't think it's cuz of growth, I still have my taste for sweets, my appetite has not curbed one bit I'm still a hungry fatty mc fatty like before *that's just what I call loving food*, I'm not breaking out anymore than before..... I dunno I'm not seeing anything. I don't have a cold or anything. I'm not backed up. I guess it's been easier for me to have a BM but that's about it. I feel like I need to be feeling something! I almost want to dump 3 teaspoons in something so I can get sick just so I can say hey!!! I'm detoxing!!!!......... I mean ok the fainting spell may have been a little much when I first started but that was probably because I didn't eat and was on that at the same time. So.... what's going on? I want some pain! I want some symptoms! NOt for real but I just want to know my hair is growing...... lol!

IndianAngel22

How long did it take you guys to get your Chlorella from Vitacost? I ordered mine on Wednesday. :sad:

If you ordered the 8oz you may never get it. I ordered that at first and was waiting all my life, then got a back order email. The 16oz was in stock though and I got it in a few days, I just switched my order. I'm happy I got it too because it's not as big as I thought it'd be and I feel like I'm getting my money's worth :)

Sweet Charm

I am happy because I ate about 5 hours ago and then took a gram of chlorella. 5 hours has passed and im not even a little bit hungry! Usually by now I would have eaten like 2 days worth of food! lol :blush:

But the only thing is that my acne has flared up! :nono:
Should I just stay at 1 gram or up it? other than that im fine.

Sweet Charm

i went to Vitacost and im confused...which one are you guys ordering? I see one with 200mg but serving size of 10 tablets so if i take one a day it means im taking 20mg?

here are the source natural ones
http://www.vitacost.com/productResu...&Ne=1&Ntt=chlorella&Ntk=products&N=32+2007967

Im taking the source naturals 200mg. 300 capsules which i think is second on that list 10 pills is 2 grams

The first day i took 5 pills which is 1 gram then the next day 8 pills and today 10 pills ; 2 grams

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Well I'm chilling at 3g right now yall and the only time I felt any gurgling or gassyness was the first day and that was only a half teaspoon. I take a teaspoon a night in applesauce and I'm not feeling a thing. My nails feel the same as always, my scalp itches normally so if I'm itching I don't think it's cuz of growth, I still have my taste for sweets, my appetite has not curbed one bit I'm still a hungry fatty mc fatty like before *that's just what I call loving food*, I'm not breaking out anymore than before..... I dunno I'm not seeing anything. I don't have a cold or anything. I'm not backed up. I guess it's been easier for me to have a BM but that's about it. I feel like I need to be feeling something! I almost want to dump 3 teaspoons in something so I can get sick just so I can say hey!!! I'm detoxing!!!!......... I mean ok the fainting spell may have been a little much when I first started but that was probably because I didn't eat and was on that at the same time. So.... what's going on? I want some pain! I want some symptoms! NOt for real but I just want to know my hair is growing...... lol!

Wow hon. Like I said if you're a skinnie minnie your body is not going to need to balance that. From the look of your pics, your appetite isn't going to be curbed because it doesn't need to. It just balances the body. So for those who are overweight the body says "hey that's enough, you're full" and for you skinnie minnies it's not going to happen, even if you eat all the vegetables on earth, or half a cow. I have a friend who eats enough for two men and that woman is barely breaking 100 pds (her diet is atrocious). You think chlorella is going to stop her appetite? It doesn't need to because her metabolism is working overtime so there's no need to increase it or cut down on her cravings. You're not getting symptoms good. You're getting healthier so just keep going and you'll get there. At least the Bm is a start! It's only been two weeks since this thread has been up, and probably less since you bought the product. Each person is working in their own time. It'll happen.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

I am happy because I ate about 5 hours ago and then took a gram of chlorella. 5 hours has passed and im not even a little bit hungry! Usually by now I would have eaten like 2 days worth of food! lol :blush:

But the only thing is that my acne has flared up! :nono:
Should I just stay at 1 gram or up it? other than that im fine.

It should clear. Stay the course if that's your only symptom. We are detoxing so stuff may come up from time to time, and then go away. Do what you think is best, because you could still up it if you wanted to unless you get really bad detox symptoms, then you'd need to cut back and stay until they cleared. As of now, a pimple or two or more shouldn't hinder you from cutting up your dose.

Muse

I'm so surprised everyone is going to up 6-9 grams, 15 grams, 3 teaspoons of this stuff a day or more. I have the source naturals powder and I remember babydoll hair saying 3g a day was enough. Isn't that a little overboard? I know mine says take 1 tsp 1-3 times daily too but is that even necessary? I don't think I'd go over 3 teaspoons ever I was gonna stick to only 1 for a while and maybe 2. Why is everyone taking so many grams?

BTW I take mine in applesauce, it's pretty good. BtW if I take it at night I don't really feel any detox effects.

I am taking a higher amount because I have an autoimmune disease that I would like to try and treat with algae hopefully allowing me to come off of conventional meds. 15-20+g is the recommended dose to do so. That is my primary reason for taking it then for general health and protection from any other diseases and third for the hair. I wouldn't dare take 15g just to grow my hair, for that reason alone it would be overkill because it doesn't take that much to see results in the hair. For the ladies taking it for primary hair reasons I think 3-6g would be enough:yep:.

Muse

I sure am. I joined Curves a month ago and I have seen great results already with that and cutting out fast food and lots of junk food. I am 15lbs away from the weight I am suppose to be for my height/build and I am hoping chlorella can help get me there.

All that could come when you bump it up. I know it's hard not to feel ANYTHING when you are hearing others say they felt something within DAYS. I was reading one of the articles LD posted (from a free e-book about chlorella and spirulina) and the guy was saying some people will see results in a few weeks, others in a few months. Has it been a week for you? It's good to have others as a reference but don't despair and compare. It is working for you and one day it will just hit you like...BAM! I don't even know if it's mandatory that everyone display detox symptoms, may be common but some people may never go through this and experience the benefits. IMHO those are the lucky ones:yep:

yodie

I think my body may take longer to display results. It usually does.

I'd love to lose some unwanted fat. 5-10 lbs would be great!!

I also have a problem with my nape. It hasn't really grown since I started getting relaxers in the 7th grade. Biotin makes a difference, but the hair doesn't really catch unless I use biotin. So, I'm almost scared to stop using biotin and iron. The iron backs me up and I don't go regularly anyway, which is why I take aloe.

So, chlorella, when it really starts working, will be a huge blessing. But if it does something for my nape and regularity, then wow!

God will direct me about the right amounts to take (as I write this I'm feeling like my body is so deficient in many things. Maybe I'll have to go to a high dose to treat my symptoms) because it is confusing when you want to treat all your symptoms at once.

Have a chlorella day ladies!!

Last edited:

Whimsy

:( I'm not seeing any BM results. I am doing 2g a day and will up it to 3g starting today. My BMs are green, but I'm not going consistently. The thing I crave most is regularity from this, but no luck so far. How long did it take for you all to get the regularity part going?

Prose Princess

So I'm confused on how we're supposed to do this. Once your BMs are green, are you supposed to maintain your dosage for a few days, then increase til you get to a really high dose and come back down? Or do you just keeo increasing and increasing and maintain a high dose for a while and then come back down? Yesterday was my second day and I took 2.25g. This morning I had a green BM and a little more fatigue than usual (I'm ALWAYS tired) and other than that no detox symptoms. What should I do now? :ohwell:

Muse

I was feeling pretty dizzy and off when I woke up this morning. I am taking 4g of chlorella BUT I dived right in to the spirulina. I was reading another message board about spirulina and someone said that ALL algae has a detox effect because of the chlorophyll not just chlorella. It is not unbearable I just feel like I really want to go back to sleep. Like it's something I should sleep off. Another poster on that message board said that she experienced dizziness after taking spirulina for a few days and after that went away she felt great! I have been taking spirulina for 3 days now and chlorella for almost a week. I was gonna raise my chlorella up 1g this weekend but I think I'll stay at 4g over the weekend and see how I feel by monday. Not gonna raise my spirulina now either(9g-I know I'm crazy!!!:drunk:) and just ride it out this weekend. My body has felt WAY worse than this before from a virus and I recovered so I figure for me personally this isn't worth dropping down my intake since it's not affecting my work or other daily activities, more of an annoyance.

truequeen06

All I know is I'm currently bloated and haven't bm'd in 4 days . . . which is kind of scary. I have however had the gaseous symptoms. I know that's kind of TMI, but I think we're all past that right now.

yodie

I definitely know how you feel, but you should give it a little more time. Try to be patient with your body and look for regularity after about a month of taking chlorella. It may happen sooner and it may happen later. Either way you will work with your body. Remember, our bodies are healing and being treated. This doesn't always happen overnight, especially for us who have more issues than others.

We'll get there with regularity. Can't speak for anyone else, but chlorella will be a lifestyle change for me. So, I'm willing to be patient while chlorella gets into all the deficient areas of my body.

We'll get there ladies. Progress vs. Challenge
:( I'm not seeing any BM results. I am doing 2g a day and will up it to 3g starting today. My BMs are green, but I'm not going consistently. The thing I crave most is regularity from this, but no luck so far. How long did it take for you all to get the regularity part going?

Last edited:

onelove08

For anyone having digestive issues, try a digestive enzyme or magnesium. I have a thyroid problem. I used to go but, it would take awhile. tmi i know. i started taking magnesium with vitamin C before bed. it was helpful. also try accupressure. lay down maybe at night before you go to bed, gently rub your belly in a clockwise motion for about 10 seconds (with your right hand). take your left hand, make a fist, place it on your belly, take your right hand and place it on top of your left fist gently press down and hold for about 10 seconds, repeat for i think five minutes. have been doing this for awhile as well. about 3 years. if you do not want to use your hands, you can use a hand held massager. you can find them at walmart and walgreens. the ones with the rounded ends. sorry so long. i hope this helps! it looks harder than it is. it is very easy.