• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

luckiestdestiny

Definitely. Thats why I suggested to the other poster to start with half a dose and not jump into the full dosage.
I juice veggies, drink green smoothies, and take protein shakes with chlorella and spirulina everyday so I knew I could handle a full dose, and so far so good! I will gradually increase over the next few days. Ive been on a health kick for over 10 years so I know that results don't happen over night.

One of the articels you posted did say something about 10g to fight disease and then 5g from then on to maintain which was what I was refering to. Of course jumping up and taking 10g right away would be possibly lead to a catastrophic disaster!!:yep:

Exactly the article said up and that you should gradually increase (right at the beginning) and that jumping to 10 like you say is just crazy. I just don't want people starting off at 6 or 10 or whatever because that's just insane! In your case, with your history of healthy living, you're going to be able to increase faster than most probably, but everyone should keep in mind their limits. Agreed.

Kimbosheart

Yes but it also says to work up to the high dosage, and then to stay then lower to maintain. So if you're having probs, by all means, this isn't a race! We're all going to have ridiculously gorgeous hair so let's get it right the first time by going at our own pace.:grin:

definitely not a race, I am staying at 7 now until the sore throat is fully gone and the fatigue. All my other detox symptoms are right on track and Im only staying at 7 because a lower dosage than that doesn't do anything and I have no symptoms that Im detoxing too fast. And Im very mindful now to make sure I drink more water than usual during this time to help the chlorella do its job.

luckiestdestiny

I need to See Jade21's hair.
Too bad she's not around anymore but there's a thread from years ago, that says her hair is butt length. Another person who's been on chorella for a while is babydollhair. If you read this thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=13244&highlight=jade21 there's a link to Jade's journal but it's no longer in existence. If you read down, though everyone talks about how gorgeous Jade's butt length hair is and the thread is from 2003, so you can get an idea of how long her hair was. The thread was entitled Jade hair goddess and so I think she was one of the hair idols back then.

Here's some of the comments from the thread No one had negative things to say and most commented on the length of her hair:
Nonie
Severus Snape Forever Join Date: Jul 2003
Thanked 1,042 Times in 553 Posts

Re: Jade21- The hair Goddess

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, Jade21 is very knowledgeable on hair. Her butt-length (and I understand, very healthy) hair alone speaks volumes.

09-25-2003, 02:44 PM
JenJen2721
Thank you, Jesus! Join Date: Jan 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, Jade21 is an awesome resource when it comes to natural hair care and nutrition. I enjoy reading her diary and refer to it when I'm looking to try a new natural oil. She's given me lots of recommendations for my hair and helped me out tremendously when I was confused about my vitamin regimen. She is the hair goddess!

-31-2005, 11:28 PM
lovechic
BlackAmerican HairGrower Join Date: Apr 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabuns
Wow Jade21, your hair page is very informative.
*adding to favorites*
She knows her stuff! Now we can see why she has butt length hair

Last edited:

ttlayli

I just took my first pill.

I have Earthrise Brand.

I don't know if i'm tripping or what, but maybe twenty minutes after taking it, I noticed I became a little sleepy and now my throat feels a little sore. :perplexed

I knew I would detox, but I didn't think so soon.

I felt FINE before I took the pill. Trust me.

Soooo, should I up the dose now??:look:

luckiestdestiny

I just took my first pill.

I have Earthrise Brand.

I don't know if i'm tripping or what, but maybe twenty minutes after taking it, I noticed I became a little sleepy and now my throat feels a little sore. :perplexed

I knew I would detox, but I didn't think so soon.

I felt FINE before I took the pill. Trust me.

Soooo, should I up the dose now??:look:

Did you take it with food? some are taking it before a meal, but on my bottle it says with food. Make sure you have food with it. How many g's is in one pill?

luckiestdestiny

I was going to wait for your response but you should do whatever makes you comfortable. If you only want to start with one, then start with one. I think earthrise is at .5 a pill or 500 mg, so you are taking 1/2 a gram. If that makes you comfortable stay there until you feel that you're ready to increase it. If you believe you're very sensitive it would be smart to stay there. Otherwise If I were in your position I'd take one more to get at least 1 gr. You'll probably still detox, but it won't be hugely different unless you're really sensitive. I'd start w/ 2 pills and then go to 1 if it's too much, or up it if you can tolerate it from there.

Mis007

Received my Yaeyama 100% pure Chlorella (powder form) today, dosage is 1/2 tsp (2g). I will write a review in a fornights time, not really sure of a time scale to see benefits if I do expereince anything sooner I will add....

Last edited:

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Good morning ladies, the fever is gone (thank God). I'm still coughing and my throat is still sore and this is from taking only 3 tablets as opposed to 6 tabs. So I will echo what other ladies have been saying which is start small since you don't know how your body will react to chlorella.

I will definetly keep updating.

Muse

I just thought it was funny that since this thread I don't even venture out onto the rest of the board. I have no idea what's going on out there:lachen: I just keep this thread up and refresh it. I guess it's because I pretty much have my staple products and healthy hair practices now and I feel that chlorella is the missing piece I need to have long healthy hair. I want my regimen to be very simple and with chlorella I think I can have that. For example, as a natural I don't feel i will need to do protein treatments anymore because I will be getting SO MUCH protein from chlorella and spirulina that that should make my hair as strong as rope! I am in the protein challenge but I think I will drop out after I see results from the chlorella.

yodie

I just thought it was funny that since this thread I don't even venture out onto the rest of the board. I have no idea what's going on out there:lachen: I just keep this thread up and refresh it. I guess it's because I pretty much have my staple products and healthy hair practices now and I feel that chlorella is the missing piece I need to have long healthy hair. I want my regimen to be very simple and with chlorella I think I can have that. For example, as a natural I don't feel i will need to do protein treatments anymore because I will be getting SO MUCH protein from chlorella and spirulina that that should make my hair as strong as rope! I am in the protein challenge but I think I will drop out after I see results from the chlorella.

So, it's not just me, huh? I rarely look at anything else on the hair board. What I like about this thread (hopefully all lurkers will take note) is that we're not jumping on a bandwagon to get long hair. Chlorella is for overall health. If we achieve long hair in the process, then great.

Muse

So, it's not just me, huh? I rarely look at anything else on the hair board. What I like about this thread (hopefully all lurkers will take note) is that we're not jumping on a bandwagon to get long hair. Chlorella is for overall health. If we achieve long hair in the process, then great.

EXACTLY!:yep:

MsElise

Well I called Vitamin World and they said I can return them. I decided I'm going to stick with what has been already working for me and try this again later down the line.

I know it seems like I take of supplements but the main supplement I take for hair is the GNC and the rest I take to help with the issues I have with my immune system, fatigue and the aches I experience because I have lupus. This reggie works so much better for me than the meds I was on. I haven't had a flare in months! Plus my meds made my hair fall out - around this time last year I was bald in the front and entire nape area. Luckily the rest was long enough to cover it.

I read that chlorella helps with lupus so I thought it would be worth it to try it out. I'm gonna research brands and find the best one for me.

Thanks again everyone for your advice. I love LHCF!

soonergirl

Neither do I!! This is my favorite thread, I read it several times a day!!

Kimbosheart

Yodie, I think you were asking about the eggshake. I put the powder in there this morning and it made it the prettiest dark green color. I didn't taste the chlorella outright but I noticed a "fishy" aftertaste that was pretty subtle, so it wasnt that bad.

My throat ache is almost gone, I barely notice it, I think mainly because the swelling has gone down so it doesnt hurt when I move my neck. But my energy is way better. Im bouncing off the walls and I have only had about 3g of the chlorella.

onelove08

Hi everyone! just checking in. i put put 1/2 tsp of wheat grass, 1 tsp of spirulina in my shake this morning. I also took 3 grams of chlorella( 10 pills, source naturals). feeling good. no detox symptoms. my diet is 50% good. lol! anyone notice their eyelashes getting longer?

msdevo

Hey, what kind of smoothie can I put the chlorella in? Are they available at GNC? I am currently using apple sauce but I would rather have something that I can just drink.

truequeen06

Okay everyone, I started taking chlorella and I'm still trying to get through all 74 pages :grin: so I'm sorry if someone else has brought this up, but did anyone's throat start hurting when they took this?

onelove08

Does your throat feel like you are going to be sick? if so, your body may be trying to detox. how much are you taking? you may want to cut back. oh and also make sure you are drinking enough water.I am drinking the egg shake with almond milk so that is what i add my green powders to. i like taking everything at once.

truequeen06

^^ Yea, it feels like I'm about to get a cold. I'm taking 1000mg (1g). I probably should have finished reading the thread before starting but I got really excited. I know my body needs to detox. The college diet has taken it's toll on my body.

mariofmagdal

Okay everyone, I started taking chlorella and I'm still trying to get through all 74 pages :grin: so I'm sorry if someone else has brought this up, but did anyone's throat start hurting when they took this?

Yes, but it will pass quickly. This is day 5 for me and I have noticed longer nails. I generally keep them cut close because of my job, and I recently trimmed them, but its time to do them again. I also have increased energy, that is a major plus for me!

I am at a low dose 1000mg of chlorella in a greens blend (Earthrise) plus I take liquid (World Organic) Chlorophyll 50mg per day. So far so good.

Prose Princess

So is the Super Chlorella from Vitamin Shoppe any good? It doesn't say how much CGF is in it, but I want it because it has 1g chlorella per pill. I hate popping lots of pills. If not, what other brands would you ladies recommend? I just decided to try this today and will be heading out to Whole Foods and Vitamin Shoppe today so please help me out! TIA!

Also is it necessary to take spirulina with the chlorella to get the full benefits?

luckiestdestiny

Good morning ladies, the fever is gone (thank God). I'm still coughing and my throat is still sore and this is from taking only 3 tablets as opposed to 6 tabs. So I will echo what other ladies have been saying which is start small since you don't know how your body will react to chlorella.

I will definetly keep updating.

Glad the fever is gone. Good to know everything is getting better just as it's supposed to do.

Encore

i Just ordered mine..

wait... I had that feeling in the back of my throat 3 days ago and here I am now STILL recovering from the cold/ mini-flu episode

I DO NOTTTT want that to happen again because of these supplements, I have to go to class!

are they gonna make me sick?

luckiestdestiny

I'm so glad you said this.:yay:

luckiestdestiny

Yodie, I think you were asking about the eggshake. I put the powder in there this morning and it made it the prettiest dark green color. I didn't taste the chlorella outright but I noticed a "fishy" aftertaste that was pretty subtle, so it wasnt that bad.

My throat ache is almost gone, I barely notice it, I think mainly because the swelling has gone down so it doesnt hurt when I move my neck. But my energy is way better. Im bouncing off the walls and I have only had about 3g of the chlorella.

I am so happy that everything is turning around. You're getting through the detox and now enjoying one of the benefits of chlorella (energy).

luckiestdestiny

Hi everyone! just checking in. i put put 1/2 tsp of wheat grass, 1 tsp of spirulina in my shake this morning. I also took 3 grams of chlorella( 10 pills, source naturals). feeling good. no detox symptoms. my diet is 50% good. lol! anyone notice their eyelashes getting longer?
I was looking at mine in the mirror today, but I don't have proof. You know like babydollhair had said she noticed because her eyelashes were touching her glasses after taking chlorella. Well I don't wear glasses so I can't judge from that. But it does seem like they're longer!

mariofmagdal

So is the Super Chlorella from Vitamin Shoppe any good? It doesn't say how much CGF is in it, but I want it because it has 1g chlorella per pill. I hate popping lots of pills. If not, what other brands would you ladies recommend? I just decided to try this today and will be heading out to Whole Foods and Vitamin Shoppe today so please help me out! TIA!

Also is it necessary to take spirulina with the chlorella to get the full benefits?

I take smaller doses in a greens blend by Earthrise because I want the full benefits of greens being added to my overall diet. I am not seeking hair growth, thankfully my hair is doing fine. I am seeking continued overall health benefits. It would not hurt to add the additional greens, I would take it slow if detox concerns you. HTH.

yodie

I experienced the fishy taste this morning. I thought it was yuck. Reminded me of of dirt and farm animals. I may go back to pills after this, unless I get used to the taste.

Are we overloading on protein with the egg and chlorella?

Last edited: