• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

luckiestdestiny

Well since I didnt take any today I decided to try it tonight instead.

The applesauce idea is a HIT!! Besides the fact that I am eating something green that taste like applesauce, lol its great. I can't taste the chlorella in it at all. Now all I have to do is get stock in Motts, cause I am gonna need a whole lot of apple sauce to got with this big 16 oz container I got:grin:.

Glad it works. I'm definitely doing it when mine (powder)gets here, hopefully tomorrow. Meanwhile I'll just take the pills. I'll just get over the green looking part.

yodie

I drink the egg shake too. Is it too much to mix the chlorella and the egg in the same shake? I read that chlorella is more potent protein wise than an egg. Anybody know?

ttlayli

Wow this thread is incredible!! :yep: I've been lurking in here for the past couple of days and I finally starting reading EVERYTHING. Good thing I did, because I see that Chinese Chlorella is not good.:ohwell: I ordered some from puritan's pride recently and when I saw the warning I was pissed, since i already put in the order.
I ordered the correct brand from VitaCost last night...Earthrise brand i believe.

I have an autoimmune condition, so maybe this could help me with that?? Hopefully!!

So If I'm supposed to take 6 pills a day like the directions say, just start with 1 pill a week?? I read the whole thread, I just want to be sure I understand.

And what's the big deal with the chinese chlorella?? forgive my ignorance please???

msdevo

I think thats the biggest problem with me. With every spoonful I took, I just closed my eyes.

Glad it works. I'm definitely doing it when mine (powder)gets here, hopefully tomorrow. Meanwhile I'll just take the pills. I'll just get over the green looking part.

IndianAngel22

So I took half a teaspoon today in Applejuice. My stomach is doing a lot of bubbling and gurgling and I'm so gassy. I know TMI right? But it's true my stomach won't stop gurgling. Ugh is this the detox part? I'm scared to even up my amount I guess I'll just stick with half a teaspoon.

song_of_serenity

TMI ladies but I have officially "gone green." :lachen::lachen::lachen: :look::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Someone mentioned the cuticles? I had a problem with the one on my left thumb (it peeled for some reason. happens every winter) and I just looked at it after reading what was posted. It was almost completely healed up! My nails have grown out even faster than usual. Last week they were down to the skin (I'm a biter when I get nervous) and now they have enough nail to get sauce under as I eat.

I'm up to 10...No effects. Upping the water since I don't wanna break out...and I need it anyway. Still good energy. :) I'll stick with 10, see how it goes then to 15 which is the recommended serving and upwards.
~*Janelle~*

luckiestdestiny

Wow this thread is incredible!! :yep: I've been lurking in here for the past couple of days and I finally starting reading EVERYTHING. Good thing I did, because I see that Chinese Chlorella is not good.:ohwell: I ordered some from puritan's pride recently and when I saw the warning I was pissed, since i already put in the order.
I ordered the correct brand from VitaCost last night...Earthrise brand i believe.

I have an autoimmune condition, so maybe this could help me with that?? Hopefully!!

So If I'm supposed to take 6 pills a day like the directions say, just start with 1 pill a week?? I read the whole thread, I just want to be sure I understand.

And what's the big deal with the chinese chlorella?? forgive my ignorance please???
It's something babydollhair mentioned, and I remember reading somewhere that the way it's harvested isn't ideal. I wish I could find it but I just clicked search and got over a hundred thousand hits for chinese chlorella and most were for purchase. I don't know where I read it, but if I can find it, I'll post it. You can use it if you want, but I just think it's best to stay away from the piece I read last week, and from what babydollhair says as she's used the product way longer than I have.

MagnoliaBelle

I started taking chlorella last year for general health and stopped. I've started back because of this thread. Anyhow, there is a wonderful free ebook that you can print out on the website below. I printed it out and stapled it together and it's a wonderful reference book. The name of the book is Superfoods For Optimum Health: Chlorella and Spirulina. There are other free ebooks on natural health as well.
http://www.truthpublishing.com/Articles.asp?ID=131

msdevo

I took a teaspoon with my applesauce and I do feel a lil funny. Just feels like a little indigestion. I guess something like what you are feeling too.

So I took half a teaspoon today in Applejuice. My stomach is doing a lot of bubbling and gurgling and I'm so gassy. I know TMI right? But it's true my stomach won't stop gurgling. Ugh is this the detox part? I'm scared to even up my amount I guess I'll just stick with half a teaspoon.

ttlayli

It's something babydollhair mentioned, and I remember reading somewhere that the way it's harvested isn't ideal. I wish I could find it but I just clicked search and got over a hundred thousand hits for chinese chlorella and most were for purchase. I don't know where I read it, but if I can find it, I'll post it. You can use it if you want, but I just think it's best to stay away from the piece I read last week, and from what babydollhair says as she's used the product way longer than I have.

Oh well thanks anyways! :grin: I already purchased the correct brand anyways so it's fine. I plan on return the other chlorella back to pp for a full refund. If I'm going to take chlorella, I may as well take the correct brand for all the great benefits! :spinning:

Kimbosheart

I drink the egg shake too. Is it too much to mix the chlorella and the egg in the same shake? I read that chlorella is more potent protein wise than an egg. Anybody know?

I plan to mix the chlorella powder into the egg shake when i get my powder in tomorrow, that way I am only having to guzzle one gross drink.

Kurlee

CGF sorry if I typed it wrong. Clorella growth factor it helps the cells with rapid turnover. When that happens, nails grow, hair grows, cells regenerate and renew. So you want a lot because that's what makes chlorella different from everything else. It's ability to regenerate the body super fast and thus make the body grow (hair, nails, height if you are undernourished and younger it helps you to get to your potential height and it also helps everyone's body to balance itself and remain alkaline).
two quick questions :

• what are the abridged "detox symptoms?
  • I have NOW brand chlorella, how do I find the CGF, it is not listed?

soonergirl

I took a teaspoon with my applesauce and I do feel a lil funny. Just feels like a little indigestion. I guess something like what you are feeling too.

Are you drinking water after you take the applesauce? I believe thats what lucky stated she would do to make sure it goes down...

luckiestdestiny

two quick questions :

• what are the abridged "detox symptoms?
  • I have NOW brand chlorella, how do I find the CGF, it is not listed?
1. Posted by muse:
Originally Posted by Muse
Also taken from the same site as my post above ^^^: http://www.bio-sources.com/faq

Ladies please read this one because apparently detoxing can manifest itself in the form of abnormal physiological, mental and emotional behaviors! This is probably more common if you take too much starting out and have A LOT of toxins in your body. They give a more inclusive list beyond the common nausea, diarrhea, constipation and pimples. So if you are experiencing things besides these 4 things you are still detoxing. This is a great thing! We want to get all of that crap out of our bodies. I think we would be sickened and amazed at what kinds of creepy foreign things call our bodies home and the chlorella just runs them right out of town!

2. You can go to their website and see if they have it listed. That's my only suggestion as mine lists the CFG.

CurlyMoo

Just posting this as an fyi. I was looking up source naturals on the internet to see if there were any cheaper prices for my next buy. Well I purchased 300 tablets at whole foods. They have a 600 tablet one for a little more than a couple dollars more and free shipping on
http://www.myvitanet.com/chya20600tas.html

Just in case anyone is interested. It's like $13 and change.
I'm probably going to order my next amount from there unless I find it cheaper (or I get powder), but they also have powder there too. But it's Double what I got for only 2 dollars more so I was a little psyched and thought I should let everyone know. They also have FREE SHIPPING. Read at the bottom as you have to enter a code. It's on the site how to do it but here it is too:
Instructions for free shipping offer:

Pick Standard Ground as shipping method.
At checkout enter Coupon Code V100 in box.
Failure to follow this will result in a shipping charge.

Just as a heads up, I tried to order the source naturals 16oz power with the Coupon Code and it didn't go through because the order has to be $50 and up. Shipping came to $8.95. :ohwell:

I'm going to order from vitacost.com because it says they will only charge $4.99 same price of $28.55 for any size order, same day shipping if before 2pm EST Mon-Fri. I will give an update tomorrow.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Just as a heads up, I tried to order the source naturals 16oz power with the Coupon Code and it didn't go through because the order has to be $50 and up. Shipping came to $8.95. :ohwell:

I'm going to order from vitacost.com because it says they will only charge $4.99 same price of $28.55 for any size order, same day shipping if before 2pm Mon-Fri. I will give an update tomorrow.

That's so lame. Thanks for letting everyone know!

luckiestdestiny

Oh NOW I see. They changed it. I just looked at the fine print and now it says $50 where before there wasn't a requirement. Oh well!

Jaxhair

WOW! right on time. I bought some of this today! for digestive and overall health reasons... what a bonus this will be!!! i got the vitamin shoppe super chlorella 1000mg. So I'll cut it in half today and tomorrow and work my way to a whole pill if no adverse effects occur.

I'm still hunting for green foods powder....

Ditto. Please share when you find one - I will too, lol!

Jaxhair

I'm confused. If Jarrow has 5 g per teaspoon and Source Naturals has 3 g per teaspoon, could that be right? Doesn't a teaspoon in any amount of powder weight the same?

Cause if what they're saying is right, then you are getting more with the Jarrow formula and more CGF. Especially if you want to take at least 5g per day. You'd almost have to double the Source Naturals to get the same amount as Jarrow.

Only explanation I can think of for this is that the Source Naturals brand has more fillers in it, hence not as potent per tsp as Jarrow. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...

luckiestdestiny

Only explanation I can think of for this is that the Source Naturals brand has more fillers in it, hence not as potent per tsp as Jarrow. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...

I don't think source naturals has fillers. The tablets don't, so I would think that the powder doesn't either. Here's what it says online for the powder:
Product Features

• 100% fresh-water chlorella, grown on the coral reef island of Ishigaki, Japan
  • May enhance health naturally by supporting the immune system and promoting energy, vitality, and natural cleansing
  • Rich in chlorella growth factor (CGF), vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll, beta-carotene, and other phytonutrients
  • One of Japan's most popular food supplements
  • Contains absolutely no added binders, fillers, or flow agents

applebananas

Jarrow Formulas Website
Jarrow Formulas Yaeyama Chlorella Powder -- 1 kg (2.20 lbs)
http://www.jarrow.com/product/347/Yaeyama_Chlorella_Kilo
Yaeyama Chlorella Kilo
Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF) 240 mg 2 g per 1/2 teaspoon <-------
Suggested Usage
Mix ½ teaspoon with juice or water, or take as directed by your qualified health care consultant.

iherb
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=147&at=0
Jarrow Formulas, Yaeyama Chlorella, 1 Kilogram Powder
Serving Size: 1/2 Teaspoon (2 g) Chlorella Growth Factor 380 mg <-------
Suggested Use
Take 1/2 teaspoon with juice or water, or as directed by your qualified health consultant.

vitacost
http://www.vitacost.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Yaeyama-Chlorella-Powder
Serving Size:1 Teaspoon (5 gr) Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF) 950 Milligrams <-------:perplexed
DirectionsTake 5 g per day, or as directed by your qualified health consultant.

Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon
Servings per Container: 151
Chlorella Growth Factor 531 mg Yaeyama Chlorella Yielding Approximately: 3 g <------
Directions1 level teaspoon mixed or blended with at least 8 ounces (one cup) of water or other liquid 1 to 3 times daily, or as recommended by your health care professional before using the product.

iherb
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=1059&at=0
Source Naturals, Yaeyama Chlorella, 8 oz (226.8 g)
Serving Size 1 Level Teaspoon (approx. 3 g) Chlorella Growth Factor 531 mg <------
Servings Per Container 75

Suggested Use
1 level teaspoon mixed or blended with at least 8 ounces (one cup) of water or other liquid 1 to 3 times daily, or as recommended by your health care professional.

I'm going to purchase Source Naturals Chlorella Powder.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Hi ladies so I got the Whole Foods Chlorella to try it out. The serving size is 6 tabs but I took 3 last night and this morning I woke with a sore throat and cough. So I'm guessing this is part of the detoxification.

So I'll be taking 3 throughout this week and up it to the recommended dosage. If this Chlorella is the truth, then I will trash all my multis and supplements and just concentrate on this chlorella. I will have to order the source naturals before I run out though.

Thanks Lucky