• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

Blaque*Angel

Great minds on LHCF! Yesterday I was thinking about a personal GREEN only (CHL/SPL) no other growth aids challenge.quote]

I've been doing this for a month with great results :yep: I officially wont be taking 50-11 vitamins anymore. I will finish off what I have but no more re-purchasing as CHL/SPR are providing all my needs :)

Blaque*Angel

after reading these threads, i've decided to start taking chlorella. i stopped by vitamin shoppe, but they didn't have the powder so i bought the capsules. i also bought their biogreen powder and use it to make a green smoothie, with orange juice and fruit to mask the tastes, i also crush all all of my vitamins and drink it. i put my biotin, hair/nails/skin vitamins, silica, spirullina (sp?), kelp, vitamin b complex, and nac (n-acetyl cystein) in it. funny thing, when i was buying these things the guy asked me if i was trying to get my hair right. i guess when they see a combo of things bought they immediately know what it was. he gave me some helpful tips on mixing the powder with juice to make it taste better and drinking it in the morning for breakfast. yesterday was day 1, and the smoothie didn't taste bad (not great, but not disgusting lolol). for some reason, i got really sleepy after drinking it and had some vivid dreams. not sure if it was a coincidence or me detoxing, but thought it was weird. anyways thought i'd share my experiences.by the way, i started at 3g chlorella and 1.5g spirillina (sp?). this is a great thread and i've learned tons of info. thanks everyone!!

:wave: welcome :)

luckiestdestiny

Great minds on LHCF! Yesterday I was thinking about a personal GREEN only (CHL/SPL) no other growth aids challenge.quote]

I've been doing this for a month with great results :yep: I officially wont be taking 50-11 vitamins anymore. I will finish off what I have but no more re-purchasing as CHL/SPR are providing all my needs :)
IDK I never thought of greens as a growth aid. It's kinda like saying broccoli is a growth aid when it's just a food that puts the body in optimal health. I think in optimal health the body works more efficiently, hence the hair growth. I also didn't like the idea of a challenge, nor the others who started the thread because it would add pressure. I want this to be a fun place to go to report results as you get them. In addition w/ chlorella and even spirulina everyone's growth is going to happen at different times depending on how your body processes it, so you may kick yourself because you didn't have x amount of growth by a certain time and get discouraged a quit. Only to find that your growth kicks in in y amount of time because it was working on healing something else first. We'll all get where we want to be soon enough I believe.:yep:

Pooks

IDK I never thought of greens as a growth aid. It's kinda like saying broccoli is a growth aid when it's just a food that puts the body in optimal health. I think in optimal health the body works more efficiently, hence the hair growth. I also didn't like the idea of a challenge, nor the others who started the thread because it would add pressure. I want this to be a fun place to go to report results as you get them. In addition w/ chlorella and even spirulina everyone's growth is going to happen at different times depending on how your body processes it, so you may kick yourself because you didn't have x amount of growth by a certain time and get discouraged a quit. Only to find that your growth kicks in in y amount of time because it was working on healing something else first. We'll all get where we want to be soon enough I believe.:yep:

Totally agree LuckyD.

mariofmagdal

I agree a challenge would take away from the great support system that has been shown in this great thread. No challenge, I am GREEN for life! ;0)

devin770

Thanks for responding Ivy Santolina... I will continue to follow this thread and take my CHL once a day... Arms/legs/back still itching, but I will start again today and deal with it... Have a great day everyone! devin:look:

OhmyKimB

So I lowered my chlorella and up'ed my water intake! So far so good!

How long did it take for those who got over there sugar cravings to get over them? Cuz that doesn't seem to be working for me....maybe when I increase my amount of chlorella?

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
hello everyone. i jumped on the bandwagon and im taking chlorella(whole foods brand) along with vitamin c,calcium,papaya extract,kelp and garlic cloves. I have been taking the chlorella for 2 weeks possibly more i have not noticed any change except for the green bms and . if i dont drink enough water that day i will be constipated. im waiting for the results of what ever is supposed to happen.

Amerie123

Okay, so the past few days I've been feeling really, really nauseous. I'm not pregnant, because I took the test. So, I think I'm going to chill with the chlorella until I can get to a doctor. =(

ladytee2

How long did it take for those who got over there sugar cravings to get over them? Cuz that doesn't seem to be working for me....maybe when I increase my amount of chlorella?

You know I have been taking chlorella for 4 months and I still havent kicked the sugar. I wish I could let go. Its like I have no will power.

Candycane044

My sugar cravings have decreased significantly but every now and then I get them really bad. I have noticed that if I'm drinking a lot of water, I don't have cravings for anything.

covergirl01

The chlorella mask made my face feel very soft and smooth, but I felt awful. I had muscle aches, headaches, no energy and cravings. Since I stopped taking it I feel like a million bucks. Maybe it was the "detox" aspect, I'm not sure but I do intend to try it again at some point. I love the health benefits just wish it didn't come with so many side effects.

Blaque*Angel

i don't look at it as a growth aid either, i have stated that in many of my posts :)

i have cut out the vitamins as i feel healthier with CHL/SPR and it dont feel neccesary to have large amounts of vitamins anymore.

luckiestdestiny

Okay, so the past few days I've been feeling really, really nauseous. I'm not pregnant, because I took the test. So, I think I'm going to chill with the chlorella until I can get to a doctor. =(

Look at post one and two which talks about nausea and vomiting. You just need to reduce your dose, unless you think something else is going on. HTH

Amerie123

Look at post one and two which talks about nausea and vomiting. You just need to reduce your dose, unless you think something else is going on. HTH

Yeah, I did read that, and I think I'm going to lower my dose first, then if it persist I'ma just go to a doctor. I'm at about 4.5 grams, so I may need to take it back down to 3g.

Jaxhair

Still green and loving it. Hope I can browse the thread some more soon - too busy!

How're you ladies? Hope all is well with all of you - green love!!!!!

Ivy Santolina

Great minds on LHCF! Yesterday I was thinking about a personal GREEN only (CHL/SPL) no other growth aids challenge. I'm planning on starting in May - I will ingest 12gms (8:4) CHL:SPL per day. Since I'm in the BootCamp I won't be able to do length shots every month but I'm going to use my pass in May and June in order to do a 1 month comparison. I'll stop my beloved MegaTek for this time period in order to see if there's a large difference in growth. I average 0.5" per month. I will continue co-washing, DCing and using my A-vedic herbs for cleansing, conditioning and coloring. During this time I will also stop taking Saw Palmetto and Evening Primrose Oil. I'm hope the CHL/SPL combo will make those supplements unnecessary.

So welcome to the GREEN side and thanks for your post!

I agree a challenge would take away from the great support system that has been shown in this great thread. No challenge, I am GREEN for life! ;0)

i don't look at it as a growth aid either, i have stated that in many of my posts :)

i have cut out the vitamins as i feel healthier with CHL/SPR and it dont feel neccesary to have large amounts of vitamins anymore.

LOL - that's why I said a personal challenge. This thread is my favorite on LHCF and I don't want it's spirit to change. I have no intention of advocating a group challenge or that this thread changes to one. If my post gave that impression then I apologize.

I agree that CHL is not a growth aid. As I stated before, even though I purchased CHL for faster hair growth, I don't care anymore because of the health benefits I achieved. So I will be GREEN for life and I'm trying to recruit as many people as possible to the GREEN side by being a positive example. Since I added CHL and SPL to my diet my philosophy on hair has changed. I always tell people (that ask) our hair along with our nails and skin are a reflection of what's going on inside of our body. We can purchase and use as many topical products as much as we want but if we're not healthy on the inside then our hair will not reach it's full potential. Then I finish with "How about taking Chlorella?" It gets them every time.

Like previous posts, I like the fact that this tread focuses on improving general health and provides positive support to all and potential Greenies. However, this thread is on a hair forum and the question has been asked:
After +4000 posts
Does anyone have anything to report when it comes to hair growth?
Stronger nails, thicker hair and longer eyelashes came nearly to everyone. But what about growth? And at what mass of Chlorella
I would like to give an honest personal experience answer to this question and right now I can't. Also, I'm curious. I'm always conducting tests on myself. I know my experience will be different from others but by stopping my MT usage and concentrating on my GREEN health I can give an answer. My answer may be, "the same as before, faster, or slower." Regardless of the result, I will continue to be GREEN.:yep:

Chiba_revolution

I have a serious problem now, I've been on Chlorella for two weeks and have nothing but wonderful effects.
BUT
Yesterday I woke up with an awful stomach ache that lasted the whole day, it's still here today but not as bad. I also couldn't sleep properly, I had two hours of sleep and couldn't knock myself out I was seriously wired. However, my skin glowed and still is glowing at 2pm.

What do I do? This stomach ache feels serious but it's not as bad as yesterday, and I don't want to do serious damage by going on. I've heard of detox but this is just odd...

Chiba_revolution

Another thing I ate a chocolate bar today for the first time in ages, I thought with all this pain I deserve a treat...I've never hated the taste of a chocolate bar before. It felt like a waste of money..

Kiadodie

I started taking 1000 mg Chlorella about 3 days ago. I am experiencing fatigue but I am sleeping well.

Anyone experience being tired when first taking Chlorella and how long did at last?

danigurl18

I just got my new brand,Source Naturals Yaeyama Tablets. Since i haven't been taking it for about 3 weeks, I started with 2 tablets to see if I get a negative effect but nothing so far