Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
IVY Santolina, you made me stop what I was doing! OMG, I really enjoyed reading your post! Welcome aboard, so glad you came out of lurk mode on us. I am really impressed with your desire to succeed in spite of the unpleasant detox effects, that is so important.

Glad you are GREEN and that you have shared what you gained with others!

May all your GREEN wishes come true!

Oh Ivy,:blush:

I am beaming for you! This is awesome girl. Also, you gave some good advice on those digestive enzymes, I will be sure to look into that. I feel you when you say that you are just "happy" I am doggone happy myself and my daughter is benefiting from that because when she gets into mischief I am the picture of kindness!!! Thank you for posting such astounding results and I pray that things will continue to prosper for you.

HH

IVY Santolina, you made me stop what I was doing! OMG, I really enjoyed reading your post! Welcome aboard, so glad you came out of lurk mode on us. I am really impressed with your desire to succeed in spite of the unpleasant detox effects, that is so important.

Way to go Ivy.. I love hearing things like this.

Thank you ladies. I'm so grateful to be able to give back. LHCF has been more of a blessing to me than I can ever imagine. I'm GREEN for life!

Oh Ivy,:blush:

I am beaming for you! This is awesome girl. Also, you gave some good advice on those digestive enzymes, I will be sure to look into that. I feel you when you say that you are just "happy" I am doggone happy myself and my daughter is benefiting from that because when she gets into mischief I am the picture of kindness!!! Thank you for posting such astounding results and I pray that things will continue to prosper for you.

HH

Thank you HH! You won't regret the digestive enzymes. The older we get the more help we need. LOL.

I know what you mean about "picture of kindness" I don't freak out anymore when my DS's teachers e-mail me at work. I just deal with the issue then move on. I'm hoping the CHL and SPL will help my DS focus better on his school work.

Ivy,

You have greatly inspired me with this post! I am so on this now! Thank you so much!

Awesome - and you're welcome! Going GREEN is worth it.

----------

I forgot to add to my 1st post that I threw out a big box of vitamins. CHL gave me more than a lot of capsules and tablets gave me. Now I only take MSM, Evening Primrose Oil, Magnesium, Saw Palmetto Berry and Vit C (for the MSM). I'm hoping with continuing the CHL and adding the SPL that I will be able to stop the EPO and the SPB. The MSM is for my joints and the Magnesium helps balance all of the calcium I ingest so they're keepers.

Ivy Santolina,
That is fantastic. You are encouraging me to be consistent with my CHL and SPL. I have a horrible time being habitual with anything new. I don't know why this has been hard for me to do EVERYday even though I have experienced some great results.....I think it's the amount of tablets I have to swallow.

I'm just gonna do it 'cause I know I should. I will stay on the green wagon from now on.:yep:

Last edited:
...I forgot to add to my 1st post that I threw out a big box of vitamins. CHL gave me more than a lot of capsules and tablets gave me. Now I only take MSM, Evening Primrose Oil, Magnesium, Saw Palmetto Berry and Vit C (for the MSM). I'm hoping with continuing the CHL and adding the SPL that I will be able to stop the EPO and the SPB. The MSM is for my joints and the Magnesium helps balance all of the calcium I ingest so they're keepers.

Thanks your sharing your SPR/CHL experience; I really enjoyed reading it. I recently added .5 grams of CHL to my vitamin regimen, and so far have experienced harder nails, glowing skin and diminishing cellulite.:grin: Concerning the bolded, do you take a calcium supplement also? Thanks for responding.

Re: WARNING - Long Post! Re: How about taking Chlorella?

:sekret: Hey y'all, IvyS coming out of the closet.
I've been lurking on this thread for a while and even though I haven't read all of the posts, I am very impressed and happy about the results I did see.

Thanks LuckiestDestiny for sharing your findings and starting this thread - CHL is amazing.

Thanks to HairHustla for her diminishing cellulite testimonial on the Get Fine in '09 thread I jumped right in. Even though I ordered CHL I was very wary about taking it. After hearing CHL helped get rid of HH's cellulite I didn't care about detoxing.

I started taking CHL April 3rd and just today I added SPL. I initially started with 0.5gms of CHL and now I'm up to 9gms a day.

I take 6gms (2 tsp) of Source Natural Yaeyama CHL with 1 scoop of Designer Whey protein with 2 tsp MSM and 1tsp each of (Molasses, Coconut vinegar, and honey) with 12-16ozs of water. This mixture is very bitter because of the MSM so I add 1Tbs of Nesquik chocolate syrup to make it more palatable. Before bed I take 1 tsp CHL and 8ozs water.

However, since I got my SPL I intend on staying at 9gms total but with a 3gms:6gms ratio of CHL:SPL.

When I increased my CHL intake I experienced bloating, gas, and constipation so I take a digestive enzyme each time. I normally take digestive enzymes when I eat dairy b/c I'm lactose intolerant. The digestive enzymes helped relieve the discomfort. So for those experiencing digestive discomfort I highly recommend digestive enzymes to aid the detox process.

I originally ordered CHL for faster hair growth but due to the improved health (results listed below) I don't care if my hair grows faster or not:
  1. The post acne dark spots on my face are getting lighter and my complexion is getting more even.

• I've been asked twice if I'm pregnant because I'm told, "You're glowing!"

• Yesterday the guard at work told me he liked my new makeup. I didn't tell him it's the same makeup I've been wearing - I didn't change anything.

• A co-worker told me today she liked my new glasses. Um - I've been wearing these glasses for a few months now.

• I've caught some strangers staring and smiling at me. There were a few times I thought they were smiling at me b/c I met them somewhere but I forgot - I tend to do that. So I would say hello. But after thinking about it - I never knew those people!
  1. My appetite is not as big as it used to be. I don't crave pastries and sugar like I used to. Sometimes I have to make myself eat and when I do it's not as much. I still eat pastries but now I eat one donut or cookie instead of ...
  1. My nails are crazy strong - before they were always thin and tearing.
  1. My eye-lashes are more noticeable - longer and thicker.
  1. My dimples are getting smaller and my underwear is getting baggy. Now they creep up because there's not as much to hold them in place.
  1. I have crazy energy - this past Sunday I worked sun-up to sun-down cleaning the house - I hate cleaning!
  1. I'm more focused on my tasks and I don't get overwhelmed if there's a mess.
  1. I give my 11 yr old DS 1.5gms of CHL before bed and he doesn't stink the house anymore when he does #2. Also, his BO and bad breath is almost non-existent.
  1. I am kicking butt during my workouts and I recover a lot faster.
  1. I'm more laid back - I don't sweat the small stuff anymore.
  1. I'm happy - even if I get upset I'm still happy. I don't understand it but it doesn't bother me. LOL
I believe I'm still detoxing but I welcome it b/c that means the CHL is working - I just drink more water and take digestive enzymes to help get the poisons out of my body faster.

Because of my experience with CHL I've gotten two people at work to order CHL and another one is going to read the ebook that was posted on this thread.

HHG!

Great suggestion on digestive enzymes. I think earlier we talked about papaya enzymes but this thread is so huge that it can be lost! BTW you should be a walking poster for chlorella. Those are some GREAT results, and I'm glad you're patiently awaiting everything and not expecting it all to happen at once.

I totally agree about the staring thing! I was starting to think I was:spinning: cause people will just look at me. I posted earlier about this lady in the elevator who finally after staring commented on my skin. And I was like THANK YOU I am NOT crazy. People are starting at me. Chlorella evens out the skin so much.

IDK if this has happened to you yet but one day your hand will brush your face by accident and it will be so smooth and soft it'll shock you. Heck you might be there already if you're getting the stares.:yep: It's as if the skin starts looking silky and smooth (besides feeling it which it does FEEL smooth too), and there's such a healthy flush and glow.

BTW if you're eyelashes are growing you'll probably notice a burst pretty soon of growth. I was already getting thicker lusher growth and then wouldn't you know it my eyelashes popped out even longer and then my hair just had this enormous growth spurt around the same time.

We should all keep going. This is proof that it works on so many things, it's just worth it to take chlorella.

It works on us from the inside out, and that's why there are ENORMOUS benefits.

Congrats on all the good stuff and welcome to the chlorella family...even though you've been lurking here all along and taking the chlorella.:grin:

You hit the nail on the head mariofmagdal.

You really need to ride out the detox, it will go, but you need to be willing to go through it to come out on the other side with a HUGE smile. And even while going through it, benefits will start showing, but it's a commitment that must be made for a long term.

Hey Guys,
my stomach hurts on the lower left side (constant throbbing) - my stomach is bloated and tender. I feel a wee bit backed-up & i feel very very sluggish - like i could just lay down and sleep wherever i stop...is this detox? i'm on week three, 10 pills, sun chl. TIA~

Last edited:
Hey Guys,
my stomach hurts on the lower left side (constant throbbing) - my stomach is bloated and tender. I feel a wee bit backed-up & i feel very very sluggish - like i could just lay down and sleep wherever i stop...is this detox? i'm on week three, 10 pills, sun chl. TIA~

possibly. Make sure you drink tons of water and that you do NOT stay backed up. Take some magnesium citrate but do not because you're just letting all the toxins be reabsorbed into your system from your intestines. You want to eliminate. Idk how much 10 pills=in sunchlorella but you may have to have a little less if you stay backed up until your body gets used to it and then increase. Not everyone can jump to 12 grams in 3 weeks! :spinning:

Hey Guys,
my stomach hurts on the lower left side (constant throbbing) and i feel a wee bit backed-up, i feel very very sluggish - like i could just lay down and sleep wherever i stop...is this detox? i'm on week three, 10 pills, sun chl. TIA~

Yes. You can take tylenol for pain. Take smaller more frequent doses of Chlorella, and up your water intake, the constipation will pass. You can try Aloe Vera juice as well. Hope this helps.

Update......Things are going ok. I have dropped back down to 3gs of CHL and 3gs of SP. I have been having some consto problems, so I want to see if by decreasing the dose and increasing the water, things move better. Now the Green Goodness and Nake Green juices are the drink of choice mixed with distilled water..... Updates to follow.....
Cheers Ladies.....

Update......Things are going ok. I have dropped back down to 3gs of CHL and 3gs of SP. I have been having some consto problems, so I want to see if by decreasing the dose and increasing the water, things move better. Now the Green Goodness and Nake Green juices are the drink of choice mixed with distilled water..... Updates to follow.....
Cheers Ladies.....

Good for you HealthyHair2007 you're listening to your body. You have to know when to stick it out, and when you're just going up too fast.

I'm a huge fan of Aubrey Organics HSR
and I just read about this product: Greens/Algae for hair!

I've been planning to add CHL to my DC with HSR. I think I will try it tomorrow. My bonnet died and I still haven't gotten a new one yet :wallbash:
So it may be an overnight DC.

I will mix HSR, shea butter, aloe and CHL.

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=801

Blue Green Algae Hair Rescue Conditioning Mask 4oz
SKU Item: 801

There's no better conditioner for the hair than protein. And there's no better source of vegetable protein than blue green algae, made up of over 50% utilizable protein, all the major amino acids and a long list of vitamins and minerals. We combine it with organic shea butter, organic aloe and other moisture-rich herbals in this ultra-conditioning mask ideal for chemically treated or damaged hair.

FEATURES: BENEFITS:

Organic Blue Green Algae High in protein & amino acids; strengthens hair fiber & tones scalp
Organic Aloe & Shea Butter Restore moisture balance

INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Aloe Vera, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E), Red Algae Extract, Lavender Water, Organic Blue Green Algae.

I'm a huge fan of Aubrey Organics HSR
and I just read about this product: Greens/Algae for hair!

I've been planning to add CHL to my DC with HSR. I think I will try it tomorrow. My bonnet died and I still haven't gotten a new one yet :wallbash:
So it may be an overnight DC.

I will mix HSR, shea butter, aloe and CHL.

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=801

Blue Green Algae Hair Rescue Conditioning Mask 4oz
SKU Item: 801

There's no better conditioner for the hair than protein. And there's no better source of vegetable protein than blue green algae, made up of over 50% utilizable protein, all the major amino acids and a long list of vitamins and minerals. We combine it with organic shea butter, organic aloe and other moisture-rich herbals in this ultra-conditioning mask ideal for chemically treated or damaged hair.

FEATURES: BENEFITS:

Organic Blue Green Algae High in protein & amino acids; strengthens hair fiber & tones scalp
Organic Aloe & Shea Butter Restore moisture balance

INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Aloe Vera, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E), Red Algae Extract, Lavender Water, Organic Blue Green Algae.

I am sure trying CHL won't hurt, however, the Blue/Green Algae with the Proteins is Spirulina, it has mucopolysaccharides, the same as found in Surge Plus 14 and Aloe Vera. Spirulina contains phycocyanin, a potent anti-cancer phytochemical that also gives Spirulina its characteristic Blue hue. The mucopolysaccharides found in Spirulina also support healthy intestinal flora--the friendly bacteria in your digestive tract that protect you from disease and aid in digestion. (this is why the Aloe Vera juice also helps with constipation issues)

Update us when you try it out.

I love this thread...have been lurking it since it started. I used to take Chlorella and Primal Defense (LOVE PRIMAL DEFENSE!!!) and stayed green all day every day. Back then, I wasn't taking care of my hair, so I never thought about how quickly my hair grew. In 2006, I went from a bald BC to shoulder length from Jan. to Dec. of 2006...not lying. I think I have a couple of Fotki pics in there from that journey, though I was not attempting to document hair growth at all!

Anyway, I stopped all my healthy supplements once I moved to Britain with DH as a newlywed.

A few weeks ago, we went home to close on our house. We will move back to the US in 7 weeks. I bought Chlorella while we were home. I started taking 1-2 20-gram tablets a day for about a week. (DO NOT LAUGH AT ME!!! I'm laughing enough for myself!!!) Back in the day, that was no big deal. I juice fasted so frequently that the detoxing was nothing for me and was usually over at the end of the first 24 hours, if I had any at all.

Chile....I near 'bout died last week. :ohwell: I was mildly constipated, but that wasn't the real problem. I overcame constipation with spinach and water. My problem was that I felt like I had the flu, pneumonia, all the colds in the world, a hacking cough, a sinus infection, two fevers, and strep throat all at once. Detoxing is soooo serious. I have read this thread backwards and forwards but I still moved waaaaaaayyyy too fast. I was sick for a week before I realized what the problem was. I mean, really, truly sick.

After all that, I read the directions on the bottle. I came off all the chlorella and the detoxing symptoms began to die off in about two days. I'll start again the right way next week.

:hide:

Keep in mind, I have not juice fasted or full body cleansed in two years...and I started eating meat again two years ago...so you can imagine how badly my body needs to cleanse.

The good thing is that my hair grew 5 inches in a week.

Not.

Anyway, I thought I would provide the comic relief for the month. The sad thing is I know better....:nono:

*confession over*

Though I am dreadfully embarassed to post this, I do hope this is helpful to anyone who wants to jump in with both feet. One foot will work just fine...just fine...

cj

oh oh i'm re-detoxing...because i'm sampling source naturals!!!

blurry eyes,extreme thirst and a little rash is develpoing near my neck!!!

Though I'm a little scared to switch now :arrowup:... my Source Naturals CHL (still tabs not powder) has finally arrived!

I'm putting my Sun tabs on the backburner and starting on the SN today for the extra CGF. I've been on CHL for 2 months now and I want the best possible results when I hit the 4 months mark. Hope I don't re-detox too bad...

My co-workers are telling me how I look refreshed and glowing even though I feel haggard from running all over all the time, its a busy time for me in and out of work right now (getting married in 7 weeks time).

Though I'm a little scared to switch now :arrowup:... my Source Naturals CHL (still tabs not powder) has finally arrived!

I'm putting my Sun tabs on the backburner and starting on the SN today for the extra CGF. I've been on CHL for 2 months now and I want the best possible results when I hit the 4 months mark. Hope I don't re-detox too bad...

My co-workers are telling me how I look refreshed and glowing even though I feel haggard from running all over all the time, its a busy time for me in and out of work right now (getting married in 7 weeks time).

Ooooh, congratulations on your impending marriage Pooki, whoever your other half may be is sure to be getting a wonderful wife in you! I pray that CHL and Father God will help to sustain you in all your rush of life right now and that he will bless your union immensely! Good luck girl!!!! :yep:

I am sure trying CHL won't hurt, however, the Blue/Green Algae with the Proteins is Spirulina, it has mucopolysaccharides, the same as found in Surge Plus 14 and Aloe Vera. Spirulina contains phycocyanin, a potent anti-cancer phytochemical that also gives Spirulina its characteristic Blue hue. The mucopolysaccharides found in Spirulina also support healthy intestinal flora--the friendly bacteria in your digestive tract that protect you from disease and aid in digestion. (this is why the Aloe Vera juice also helps with constipation issues)

Update us when you try it out.

MM,

You are so very knowleageable, I am so glad and proud to be amongst you, you really support every one and keep me feeling positive even when it seems a bit hairy at times. Thank you for your broad knowledge base and even more for sharing it with us and supporting us. God Bless you always!

Chile....I near 'bout died last week. :ohwell: I was mildly constipated, but that wasn't the real problem. I overcame constipation with spinach and water. My problem was that I felt like I had the flu, pneumonia, all the colds in the world, a hacking cough, a sinus infection, two fevers, and strep throat all at once. Detoxing is soooo serious. I have read this thread backwards and forwards but I still moved waaaaaaayyyy too fast. I was sick for a week before I realized what the problem was. I mean, really, truly sick.

Whoo, you had me laughing! :lachen: Let this be a prime example of "What not to do when starting CHL"!!! I am glad you are feeling better and hanging in there!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Ooooh, congratulations on your impending marriage Pooki, whoever your other half may be is sure to be getting a wonderful wife in you! I pray that CHL and Father God will help to sustain you in all your rush of life right now and that he will bless your union immensely! Good luck girl!!!! :yep:

Aww, thanks HH! :kiss:

Glad to hear everything is coming out okay :giggle: Stay up on your water. I find when I slack on the water, I pay big time.

I had such a sneaky cycle this morning, it just sneaked up on me...

I could not agree with this more!! LD said it, Atlanta said it, and many others have said it! Water is the key because when I wasn't drinking enough water I was very constipated. I wanted to just stress this again for all those who have been constipated just keep drinking more water.

As for my update, I have increased my dosage to about 12g and as such my hair is just getting thicker and thicker. (I will take pictures in May because that's when my update is due) My skin looks great and I can see that my old acne marks will probably all be gone within the next two months. My appetite fluctuates, but I find when I drink more water it is much lower than usual. I haven't started spirulina yet because I ran out of money lol. My SO is so tempted to hop on the chlorella train but he's scared lol. He has noticed the various changes in me and wants to try. Hopefully I can get him to try it soon. I will report back soon ladies!

LD, I remember you telling me when I hit a plateau to eat sorta "bad" for a few days and then start back again to trick my body into dropping more weight. So far I've been eating "bad" for two days, and I was going to do so today and then stop. Also I haven't exercised in two days and was going to do one more. Should that be enough? Also, do I need to eat bad all day, or is like one meal okay? like for dinner last night I had a large burger, and the night before I had a whole big hoagie and today, I might have some fast food and then go back regular veggies and lean fish and stuff on Saturday... What do you think? Anybody else chime in if they know? Thanks

By Ericka Blount Danois | Special to The Sun
Trainer, 71, is inspiration to clients

download

I am shocked and ashamed yall, this lady is 71 years old. I copied most of the article but it was long so I cut and paste the most important parts. You all, we have no darn excuse:

Shepherd hasn't always had a focus on fitness in her life. In fact, in her younger days she was a 'prissy' girl, with little athletic interests.

It wasn't until she turned 56 that she began to exercise with the aid of her sister.

They were both spurred on to join a gym after shopping for bathing suits and not liking what they saw in the mirror.

Day trained them both at a gym on U.S. 40 and remembers that Shepherd was in good shape, but had a lot of body fat and didn't know how to lift weights. Her sister, a year older, acclimated her body quickly to the routines.

Then one day in 1992, her sister came into the gym complaining of a ringing in her ears. 'A few days later, she passed away,' remembers Day. 'She had a brain aneurysm that burst in her head. They were really close, they did everything together.' 'When she died, I said I didn't want to do anything,' says Shepherd, a retired Baltimore schools secretary. 'A friend of mine said, 'You know your sister wouldn't want you to do that.' '

Day says that when she decided to come back to the gym, she came back with a new vigor and dedication. Before long, people would compliment her on how she looked. 'She was the most dedicated person I have ever trained,' says Day, who worked with her for 15 years.

I could not agree with this more!! LD said it, Atlanta said it, and many others have said it! Water is the key because when I wasn't drinking enough water I was very constipated. I wanted to just stress this again for all those who have been constipated just keep drinking more water.

As for my update, I have increased my dosage to about 12g and as such my hair is just getting thicker and thicker. (I will take pictures in May because that's when my update is due) My skin looks great and I can see that my old acne marks will probably all be gone within the next two months. My appetite fluctuates, but I find when I drink more water it is much lower than usual. I haven't started spirulina yet because I ran out of money lol. My SO is so tempted to hop on the chlorella train but he's scared lol. He has noticed the various changes in me and wants to try. Hopefully I can get him to try it soon. I will report back soon ladies!
Congratulations on having thicker & thicker hair. I just made it up to 12gm yesterday. How long have you been @ that dosage before you noticed increased thickness? Do you thick I may suffer a set back because I was out of chlorella for 3 days.

Ivy Santolina,
That is fantastic. You are encouraging me to be consistent with my CHL and SPL. I have a horrible time being habitual with anything new. I don't know why this has been hard for me to do EVERYday even though I have experienced some great results.....I think it's the amount of tablets I have to swallow.

I'm just gonna do it 'cause I know I should. I will stay on the green wagon from now on.:yep:

I know what you mean about being habitual. The only reason I do take the CHL and now SPL is because I feel so good. I don't ever want this feeling to go away. This stuff is better than coffee. And, I love me some coffee.

Thanks your sharing your SPR/CHL experience; I really enjoyed reading it. I recently added .5 grams of CHL to my vitamin regimen, and so far have experienced harder nails, glowing skin and diminishing cellulite.:grin: Concerning the bolded, do you take a calcium supplement also? Thanks for responding.

I don't take calcium but I ingest a lot of food that's fortified with calcium. I was motivated to take a magnesium supplement after reading in a Woman's World article that about 80% of Americans are magnesium deficient. I had a lot of the symptoms and I read in a different article that magnesium and calcium are antagonists. So too much of one will cause a deficiency in the other. So I started taking a 250mg magnesium supplement before bed to balance out the calcium. I don't know if 250mg is enough but my sleep is better.

Hey Guys,

I agree with the other posters - drink more water.

Also, first thing in the morning, to get things going faster, drink hot water. Boil water like your going to make a cup of tea then add a little cold water (not to much) so you won't burn yourself. The hot water on an empty stomach will get your intestines moving. I found out on accident that it works.

Back