Question about oil treatments

trpaige

Does anyone use hot oil treatments or castor oil? If so, what steps do you use to do hot oil treatments? What is the purpose and how do you use castor oil?

Meli

I use my hot oil treatments as pre-poos. I liked B's Jamaican Castor Oil, and Vatika oil (which contains coconut oil, lemon, henna and amla oil), and amla oil. I like these the best. After I hot oil during hte pre-poo stage, I shampoo with Keracare Hydrating Shampoo or use Shikakai (low ph) and then I do a deep conditioner.

sunshinebeautiful

I use my hot oil treatments as pre-poos. I liked B's Jamaican Castor Oil, and Vatika oil (which contains coconut oil, lemon, henna and amla oil), and amla oil. I like these the best. After I hot oil during hte pre-poo stage, I shampoo with Keracare Hydrating Shampoo or use Shikakai (low ph) and then I do a deep conditioner.

Co-signing on the vatika as a pre-poo. My hair was nice and noticeably silkier afterwards.

frankie

I use regular castor oil. Since I have a huge bottle, I pour the amount I want to use into a ziplock sandwhich baggy. Run some very hot water into my bathroom sink, let it sit in the water for a few minutes, until it's warm. I oil my scalp and hair with the warm oil. I don't part the hair, I simply dip my fingertips into the oil and massage my scalp on both sides, front to back. Put on a plastic cap and go about my business until I feel like washng my hair...anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours. Shampoo. Deep Condition. Style. (this past weekend I did a roller set)

My hair stays noticeably more moisturized throughout the week when I do a hot oil pre-poo treatment.