Horsetail Tea for thick, long healthy hair???

bluediamond0829

darn i cant take horsetail....everytime i would start back trying to take them i would start always feeling like my skin was crawling and itching...ladies watchout for those side effects....

one of the ladies i met before i came on LHCF she had hair past her shoulders and she said thats what she took was horsetail so i went out and tried it...i started feeling like my skin was crawling...like crazy....

is there anything to substitute it..i think someone mentioned Silica...i may research and check into this....i was taking it before...i may add it back into my vitamin regimen...

rootdeep

I just wanted to come in here and add that I got my hair done this weekend. A nice wash, protein treatment, blowdry and curl and my hair was so STRAIGHT after a day of being outside my newgrowth in the back has SNAPPED BACK! Seriously I am 6 weeks post relaxer and I believe I'm going to have to break down at 8 and get a touch up. My new groth is so thick the back of my head is SORE when I unwrap my hair in the morning.

I NEVER had this much newgrowth before EVER in my 27 years of living. I also had a doctors appointment on Thursday and my blood pressure is fine. When I first started taking horsetail off and on I made the mistake of telling a nurse at my doctors office and she scared me up by telling me my pressure was high. Well my blood pressure is VERY normal VERY VERY normal and the ***** that took it was just scaring me because they dont recommend their patients taking herbs. She told me one high number and my chart read a very normal number! I was so heated I stayed 30 minutes after my appointment waiting for old girl to come in but she was LATE for work! LOL!!!! I'll get her next time......scaring me and stuff.

(grabbing my horsetail bottle and smiling for the camera for my commercial tryout...:lachen: Horsetail worked GREAT for me and if I can grow hair so can YOU! :lol: :lachen: :grin: )

Zeal

My mother has beautiful, thick, shoulder length hair. She has only had a relaxer once in her entire life. hair. She drinks horsetail to get reid of fluid.

Horsetail has Silica which is good for hair and nails. I have horsetail tea in my work cabinet. I think I am going "to have me some" :)

queenspence

rootdeep said:
I just wanted to come in here and add that I got my hair done this weekend. A nice wash, protein treatment, blowdry and curl and my hair was so STRAIGHT after a day of being outside my newgrowth in the back has SNAPPED BACK! Seriously I am 6 weeks post relaxer and I believe I'm going to have to break down at 8 and get a touch up. My new groth is so thick the back of my head is SORE when I unwrap my hair in the morning.

I NEVER had this much newgrowth before EVER in my 27 years of living. I also had a doctors appointment on Thursday and my blood pressure is fine. When I first started taking horsetail off and on I made the mistake of telling a nurse at my doctors office and she scared me up by telling me my pressure was high. Well my blood pressure is VERY normal VERY VERY normal and the ***** that took it was just scaring me because they dont recommend their patients taking herbs. She told me one high number and my chart read a very normal number! I was so heated I stayed 30 minutes after my appointment waiting for old girl to come in but she was LATE for work! LOL!!!! I'll get her next time......scaring me and stuff.

(grabbing my horsetail bottle and smiling for the camera for my commercial tryout...:lachen: Horsetail worked GREAT for me and if I can grow hair so can YOU! :lol: :lachen: :grin: )

you have me cracking up right now

GinnyP

rootdeep said:

YOur hair is unbelievable healthy and beautiful!!!! that ***** was late because she was out buying horsetail tablets.

GinnyP

Rootdeep, do you think it's a combination of flaxseed oil, horsetail tea and your vitamins that contributed to your hair which is very shiney and healthy and not to mention that growth in two months?

hotparatha

OMG rootdeep your hair is gorgeous!! I would love to have shine and body like that. Grow on with your bad self! am sipping a horsetail/nettle tea combo as I type. lol I have started to change my diet. I'm so proud of myself even though I'm losing my much needed weight. I'm going to start protein shakes to keep it on.

Just a question..I don't get a lot of time to scroll through the pages at work...

How often are you guys drinking this tea??

nomoweavesfome

wELL i'M DRINKING oATSTRAW TEA WHICH IS ALLEGEDLY HIGH IN SILICA AS WELL.(THEY RAN OUT OF HORSETAIL AT THE HEALTHFOOD STORE) i DRINK IT EVERY NIGHT BEFORE BED. BECAUSE IT IS INCORPORATED WITH SO MUCH OTHER VITAMINS i CAN'T CLAIM WHAT IT'S DOING EXACTLY ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. I LOVE TEA SO I LIKE TO DRINK EVERY NIGHT.

Keen

nomoweavesfome said:
wELL i'M DRINKING oATSTRAW TEA WHICH IS ALLEGEDLY HIGH IN SILICA AS WELL.(THEY RAN OUT OF HORSETAIL AT THE HEALTHFOOD STORE) i DRINK IT EVERY NIGHT BEFORE BED. BECAUSE IT IS INCORPORATED WITH SO MUCH OTHER VITAMINS i CAN'T CLAIM WHAT IT'S DOING EXACTLY ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. I LOVE TEA SO I LIKE TO DRINK EVERY NIGHT.

I'm not a tea person but I reall like the horsetail tea. I'm experiencing a growth spur right now and it has to be the horsetail or the combination of horsetail and MSM. I think it is the horsetail because I was taking the MSM months before and did not see this much result.

My hair don't grow for nothing so I'm sticking to horsetail. My only question is should I switch to the bamboo thing Den1 mentioned since that has more silica... I'm still deciding. I may do both...

LizLeila

Keen said:
I'm not a tea person but I reall like the horsetail tea. I'm experiencing a growth spur right now and it has to be the horsetail or the combination of horsetail and MSM. I think it is the horsetail because I was taking the MSM months before and did not see this much result.

My hair don't grow for nothing so I'm sticking to horsetail. My only question is should I switch to the bamboo thing Den1 mentioned since that has more silica... I'm still deciding. I may do both...

Yeah, my hair is growing too....in all the damn wrong places. I have been taking the Horsetail tablets from GNC for over a month now and I literally have to shave everyday, plus I am getting these hairs that are popping up out of nowhere. I really have to to make that time to pluck and shave. I am also seeing results on my head too. I last permed my hair at the beginning of August and I usually like to stretch 3-4 months. I really need to perm my hair this weekend because my newgrowth is fierce. In the back of my head, yesterday I could not even get my finger through. And when I got a Dominican Blowout last weekend, the woman kept asking me about relaxers. I thought she was tripping, but got a little worried when I heard her calling upon the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost as she was combing out my hair for the blow out. I dont know a lot of Spanish, but Jesus Christo is pretty easy to pick out. :lol: So I have been pressing it to hold me over, but I dont think I will be able to last another month.

I had wanted to try the tea too, but I dont think I can handle all that.

MonaRae

LizLeila said:
Yeah, my hair is growing too....in all the damn wrong places. I have been taking the Horsetail tablets from GNC for over a month now and I literally have to shave everyday, plus I am getting these hairs that are popping up out of nowhere. I really have to to make that time to pluck and shave. I am also seeing results on my head too. I last permed my hair at the beginning of August and I usually like to stretch 3-4 months. I really need to perm my hair this weekend because my newgrowth is fierce. In the back of my head, yesterday I could not even get my finger through. And when I got a Dominican Blowout last weekend, the woman kept asking me about relaxers. I thought she was tripping, but got a little worried when I heard her calling upon the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost as she was combing out my hair for the blow out. I dont know a lot of Spanish, but Jesus Christo is pretty easy to pick out. :lol: So I have been pressing it to hold me over, but I dont think I will be able to last another month.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Summer_Rain

I'm starting to feel like a druggie with all these vits&herbs that i take. But never mind that, if I don't want to buy the horsetail tea online, can I purchase it at like a regular grocery store? I'm new to my area and have no idea where a health food store is.

Tee

SummerRain said:
I'm starting to feel like a druggie with all these vits&herbs that i take. But never mind that, if I don't want to buy the horsetail tea online, can I purchase it at like a regular grocery store? I'm new to my area and have no idea where a health food store is.

lol. I hear you on the bold part! lol

You can buy the tea at health food stores. I take the pills. I hate tea.

Lioness

LizLeila said:

Laughing my ass off:lachen: :lachen:

Lioness

I am SOOOO Co signing! I've stopped taking a lot of vitamins I used to. Now I'm only taking a Hair vit, Calcium and EPA, and I've been looking for a herb to take.

Thanx Rootdeep for sharing this experience!!!!;)

As soon as I can, I'm going to buy Horsetail tablets and some horsetail tea!:fat: I don't like silica...it gave me....strange bowel movements LOL watch out ladies for side effects, but hopefully horsetail iktself should be cool.

I'll report back to share my results after two months or so.

Adios x

KiniKakes

bluediamond0829 said:
darn i cant take horsetail....everytime i would start back trying to take them i would start always feeling like my skin was crawling and itching...ladies watchout for those side effects....

one of the ladies i met before i came on LHCF she had hair past her shoulders and she said thats what she took was horsetail so i went out and tried it...i started feeling like my skin was crawling...like crazy....

is there anything to substitute it..i think someone mentioned Silica...i may research and check into this....i was taking it before...i may add it back into my vitamin regimen...

Interesting that you experienced this. In the last few weeks, I have also experienced increased itching and DRYNESS in my skin. My skin is so dry in certain places that it is flaking..... and when Im laying in bed at night, i occasionally start itching so badly that i have to keep scratching. :confused: The only thing i've changed about my regimen in the last few months is adding the Horsetail and Biotin. So Im not sure that its either of those things.... but when i read this comment it kind of raised a red flag for me.

I dunno.... Im going to finish off this bottle of Horsetail then maybe cease usage for a few weeks, to see if the excessive dry skin/itching clears up. Then i'll know for sure if its the Horsetail. Perhaps i have an allergy to it. *shrug* Otherwise, im happy with it, and have definitely experienced thicker hair and continued great growth.

StrawberryQueen

KiniKakes said:
Interesting that you experienced this. In the last few weeks, I have also experienced increased itching and DRYNESS in my skin. My skin is so dry in certain places that it is flaking..... and when Im laying in bed at night, i occasionally start itching so badly that i have to keep scratching. :confused: The only thing i've changed about my regimen in the last few months is adding the Horsetail and Biotin. So Im not sure that its either of those things.... but when i read this comment it kind of raised a red flag for me.

I dunno.... Im going to finish off this bottle of Horsetail then maybe cease usage for a few weeks, to see if the excessive dry skin/itching clears up. Then i'll know for sure if its the Horsetail. Perhaps i have an allergy to it. *shrug* Otherwise, im happy with it, and have definitely experienced thicker hair and continued great growth.
So was the horsetail causing the dryness?

charmtreese

I always put a couple of drops of Horsetail extract in my tea...I have not been drinking tea much during the warm months, but Im gonna start back very soon!!! Thanks for the reminder!