Horrible Beauticians

Vraiment

I have gone to the beauticians less and less and my hair is looking much better. I went to bed without wrapping or setting my hair last night and I woke up this morning and it was a mess. I decided I didn't want to tackle it and so I went to a recommended beautician to have it pressed and curled. (My hair currently is cut really short and I'm trying to wait out between relaxers). She first wanted me to wash my hair (I washed it a couple of days ago) because she thought it was too greasy. I've a spot in the back of my head where hair had broken off...when she came to that spot, she wanted to cut, shave, and taper. I simply wanted a press and curl...She complained about the condition of my hair and how it needs this and that...etc. And then she charged me $35. I paid her and went home to press and curl my hair even more. This experience just confirmed my suspicion...that most of my hair loss and damage had been at the hands of inexperience, uninformed, and unprofessional stylists who cared more for the money than the client. Have you had such experience?

naturalTAN

Well it seems like she did have your best interest at heart. You're not supposed to put heat on dirty hair and if you had breakage in that spot, a trim could have been a good option to get it under control.