Hiza and other rollersetters using jumbo rollers.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
Hiza, your hair is very pretty. Are you using long bobby pins to hold your rollers in your hair? Do they keep the hair taut?

I'm now using the large purple rollers now and they do not have the caps to them like the yellow/green ones. I need a way to keep the rollers taut. I am using the metal clips that you squeeze to open, but they don't really do it. They don't go all the way across the roller. I need practice, I know. Maybe that's it.

Do you (or anyone else) use something that keeps the hair taut at the scalp without slipping.

Allandra

I use the metal clips. When I first started using the metal clips, my rollers would be so loose. Since I've gotten much better at roller setting, my rollers are no longer loose, but nice and taunt.

Some ladies use the longer metal clips (that go all the way across the roller). Maybe that one will work out better for you.

hiza

CurlyCurly

Thanks for the compliment.
Well for my rollerset I use metal bobby pins both long and short.
Is very important that you roll the hair into the roller keeping it taught, make sure it is neat and tidy until you get to your scalp, then take one of the pins and slide it at one end of the roller, take another pins and do the same to the other side.

HTH

Hiza….

lonei

The bobby pins dont leave a crimp in your hair whatsoever, I find that the smaller ones hold the roller in place much better than the larger ones.

hiza

Curlycrly:
No the bobby pins dont leave a crimp in my hair.

Lonei: I find that the smaller one are better too.

Bree: I sent you a PM

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
Ok, I will try the smaller ones before the larger ones.
I need to get a hooded dryer first though. I didn't like the ionic hard hat dryer. I took it back after using it once.

cutebajangirl

Curly - I use silver pins to rollerset my hair not the bobby pins Hiza uses. They work fine with the maroon and gray rollers. I am currently like you trying to work the black and purple rollers.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I use the purple and grey rollers. I found the purple ones that have a cover. I need to move up to the grey ones all over but the grey ones don't have a clip cover. I have tried clips and the long and short bobby pins and I just can't get them to stay tight.

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
simplycee said:
I use the purple and grey rollers. I found the purple ones that have a cover. I need to move up to the grey ones all over but the grey ones don't have a clip cover. I have tried clips and the long and short bobby pins and I just can't get them to stay tight.

[/ QUOTE ]
I use the covers from the purple ones on the grey ones....

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
sweetcocoa said:
[ QUOTE ]
simplycee said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I use the covers from the purple ones on the grey ones....

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl, I forgot all about you doing this. Wonderful idea.