What's the secret to using clips with magnetic rollers?

neenzmj

I am seriously challenged in this area. I love magnetic rollers because they provide an excellent way to have straighter hairstyle without a lot of direct heat; however, I have the darndest time using those silver clips. I have to resort to using the plastic clamps that come with the magnetic rollers to get the amount of tension I need. Unfortunately, it seems that the largest roller size they come with is the purple magnetics, which prevents me from using the grey rollers for those times when I want even less curl.

Anyone have any good tips on using these clips?

SvelteVelvet

I always secure both sides using 2 clips..and as far as placement be sure you are securing the top of the roller as close to your scalp as possible.

macherieamour

If you are rolling up, place the clips at the top of the roller. If you are rolling down, place the clips at the back of th rollers. Its really hard to explain, experiment with placement and then shake your head. If the rollers feel loose, then remove the clip and try again:)

chayil0427

neenzmj said:
I am seriously challenged in this area. I love magnetic rollers because they provide an excellent way to have straighter hairstyle without a lot of direct heat; however, I have the darndest time using those silver clips. I have to resort to using the plastic clamps that come with the magnetic rollers to get the amount of tension I need. Unfortunately, it seems that the largest roller size they come with is the purple magnetics, which prevents me from using the grey rollers for those times when I want even less curl.

Anyone have any good tips on using these clips?

Girl me too...welcome to rollersetters anonymous...I'm chayil and my rollersets are too loose!!!

shunta

I had a really hard time using those darn clips, too. I opted for the roller pins since I could never get the hang of it.

Laginappe

I couldn't get the hang of the clips. Getting them tight wasn't the issue, but the "handle" part got in the way of the other rollers. I went back to the long bobby pins. I use 2 per roller and I spread them out - say a quarter-to-half inch btwn. I want to try the clips again though, but right now I'm just happy I can get a headful of tight rollers.

neenzmj

Laginappe said:
I couldn't get the hang of the clips. Getting them tight wasn't the issue, but the "handle" part got in the way of the other rollers. I went back to the long bobby pins. I use 2 per roller and I spread them out - say a quarter-to-half inch btwn. I want to try the clips again though, but right now I'm just happy I can get a headful of tight rollers.

Yes, that's the other problem I had -- fitting them in with all the other rollers.

SvelteVelvet