Hip /Tailbone club anyone?

Vintagecoilylocks

Sherry love that'a a great new photo. I still think mine won't grow back if I hacked it. Throw back from my previous mind set of no growth belief. Since I have no splits or dry ends I currently have no reason to cut. (Thankgoodness)
But yours is beautiful. Just beautiful.

london honey

vintage, your hair sounds lovely, have u got any pics please?

Vintagecoilylocks said:
Mija your hair is lovely, the way it is so consistent in the curl is fabulous.
Your routine sounds really simple and down to earth. I had to really get real about my hair and it paid off. I had some set backs but I know what went wrong. Its like being a knew person having such a full knowledge of one's hair. I have the natural V also. I love it since my curls do what they want anyway.

Are you saying you mostly bun but not braid? I have been wondering about that because the shear act of braiding requires alot of touching and slight pulling.

My avatar is a painting I fell in love with many years ago. It is a hair goal of mine. I love that tassle tie ant the end. So royal.

Well I just knew there were more long haired ladies out there. Keep checking in.

Chicoro just keep growing and you will get there. Your hair sounds so full and beautiful already. I think hip to classic is so elegant. Ever check out www.tlhp.de/
Some nice shots of hip and tailbone. My curly crimpy will never look like alot of them but I love seeing what it looks like. Thats why i like my avatar it give me a good idea of tailbone crimpy fluffy hair and a nice way to fix it. :)

Vintagecoilylocks

Personally I would not call it lovely on a scale. But its mine and I have come to accept it and like it. I love long hair. Also I am a photgrapher and really only like good pictures. I am a 98% slide photographer.

However, in March of 2005 I needed some quick pictures for court of my daughters school room. When we finished there were some prints left and my oldest suggested getting photo's of our hair. In a hurry to get them developed that day I only took down two braids. These are not good photos here is the link . select vintagecoily click on photos to enlarge

//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/katlynswoollocks/my_photos

Last edited:

Mija

Exotical OG
Vintage- yep I mostly bun. I braid every now and then- for waves and volume. I use to wear braids more in high school and college (now I'm just lazy and buns keep the friction on my hair to a minimum. I don't like it when my braid rubs up against my shirt and car seat.) My hair was dry & dampened in that pic. I was struggling with the humid weather and getting more moisture into it. I think it was dirty too:confused:.

Chicoro, Sherrylove, Ayeshia, Jewell and the all other ladies I think you allll have beautiful hair too:)!

SherryLove

Mija said:
Vintage- yep I mostly bun. I braid every now and then- for waves and volume. I use to wear braids more in high school and college (now I'm just lazy and buns keep the friction on my hair to a minimum. I don't like it when my braid rubs up against my shirt and car seat.) My hair was dry & dampened in that pic. I was struggling with the humid weather and getting more moisture into it. I think it was dirty too:confused:.

Chicoro, Sherrylove, Ayeshia, Jewell and the all other ladies I think you allll have beautiful hair too:)!

thanks, vintage and mija.....

MonaLisa

Mija said:

I always end up taking my pic down because of trolls:). (My neck is greasy from evoo in this pic-lol.)

WOWSERS!!! Gaw-g-ous!!!!!! Thanks for sharing pic!

Honi

There is no board.
Oh my! Mija you have some gawgeous hair. Reminds me of Hairlove's hair a little bit. :scratchch I wonder where she is???

Sherry...after a second look at your pics it looks like your already tailbone length.

Shoooo....one day ya'll I'mma be in da club too. One day I say! LOL

Mija

Exotical OG
Honi said:
Oh my! Mija you have some gawgeous hair. Reminds me of Hairlove's hair a little bit. :scratchch I wonder where she is???

Sherry...after a second look at your pics it looks like your already tailbone length.

Honi- from behind and certain angles me and Hairlove look like hair twins- same bodyframe & hair type. I've thought that for the last year and a half... I missed her last update.

SherryLove

Honi said:

girl, please, you can sign up for membership in that club right now...!!!!!! i cannot believe i forgot to mention your name...must be slipping... lol

Shatani

Mija said:

I always end up taking my pic down because of trolls:). (My neck is greasy from evoo in this pic-lol.)
my word!!!!! man, i hate trolls!!! they ruin everything for us! your hair is BEAUTIFUL!

Vintagecoilylocks

Mija,

I am going to try that and skip braiding so much. I often feel like the braids are streching on my hair and that can't be good since I braid wet hair.

I finally came up with some nice homemade butter recipies. Oh where were they years ago. :ohwell:

Vintagecoilylocks

Thank you every one. I am still working on it. Still in process of mastering my hair. Trying to work on my daughters also. We all have different hair and getting the extra lengths bring such different challenges.

So keep on checking in and join up ladies.

Nay

Mija, I can't believe that you've been a member since 2003 and I've never seen your hair. Girl, it should be a crime to keep such lovely hair all to yourself!! Thanks for sharing, and don't be a stranger :D

And, Vintage, double shame on you for keeping you and your whole family's hair on lock down. Those lovely tresses are to be shown and shown often!! :D

Mija

Exotical OG
Thank you Nay:p! I was just lurking in your album earlier today ...and over the last 2 years-lol. I had a picture up last January and I had trolls emailing me so I slipped back into lurk mode:) ...

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Vintagecoilylocks, I'm glad to finally get to see your hair. It's beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Mija, your hair is beautiful as well after seeing it for the first time!

I've already seen unlvgirl, Sherrylove, adrienne0914, Nay, Chicoro, and other long haired ladies pics before....

Question: Has any of you long-haired ladies started out with super short hair (like mine) and started growing it out to waist length??? If so, I need your advice because I'm trying to grow out my teenie weenie afro to waist length when stretched...

qtgirl

All of you waist length and beyond ladies have gorgeous hair! Sometimes I think about trying to grow to waist length or beyond. My question is do you find it hard to manage and style?

Mahalialee4

First of all...VintageCoily...you gave me inspiration because I have that type of hair which is...you know what I mean...let's just say it is a supreme challenge because if you braid it it does not make thick braids...it shrinks like no body's business...it is very fine and has to be handled with kid gloves. When I leave it loose it looks thick...when I slick it back it looks like there is no volume in my hair at all and if I put it in a restrictive bun it is the same thing. I think about taking a drink of water and it shrinks!!!!My hair is so deceptive and so maddening...sometimes we have a love hate relationship. I haven't even bothered to measure it in a year because it is not getting with my program in terms of length so I said...you just messing with me... just sit there!lolol Anyway, your hair does not look thin to me, but I know just what you mean....comparing mine to some ladies with the Hawaian-Fijjian type long bush that I desire...is discouraging...Why did I not get coarse hair? At least it would take a texturizer or something...or just bush out!!!!or look long without stretching. But I think your hair is beautiful. So, I guess I will just keep on keeping on...sheesh!!!! Will I see waistlength in my lifetime, VC? Bonjour