Hind Sight is 20/20 - Share Yours...

Hi Ladies!

You may not think of how a certain cut you have now will affect the look of your hair when you reach your goal. If you are on a quest for blunt hair, I would suggest not cutting your sides while your are growing your hair out because the length of your sides eventually determine how blunt your APL or BSL is. If you have shorter sides, you will have more a "U" shape. If you have really short sides, you will have a "V" shape. I started to notice this when I was between neck and shoulder and opted to avoid deep trims on the length of my ends so I can have more blunt ends when I reach my goal. Please post your "hind sight" revelations here, with cuts, colors, etc..

Thought of another one...If your hair is a tangled mess while wet..wait until it dries to attempt to detangle, you loose less hair this way..

What a horror I went thru one day after my hair matted up. I remember getting this advice from another board member.

Hi Ladies!

You may not think of how a certain cut you have now will affect the look of your hair when you reach your goal. If you are on a quest for blunt hair, I would suggest not cutting your sides while your are growing your hair out because the length of your sides eventually determine how blunt your APL or BSL is. If you have shorter sides, you will have more a "U" shape. If you have really short sides, you will have a "V" shape. I started to notice this when I was between neck and shoulder and opted to avoid deep trims on the length of my ends so I can have more blunt ends when I reach my goal. Please post your "hind sight" revelations here, with cuts, colors, etc..

Cannot think of one right now, but thanks for this insight :)

Will come back when I can think of something...

If I had just started taking care of my hair years ago I would not have lost 7 inches of hair over and over again. I vow I will teach my children, when I have them one day, and my siblings to take care of their hair because they have the same problem.

Back