It's an EDGES COMEBACK Story....Come on in! PICS!

So inspiring! I am doing the sulfur right now but if you got that much progress, I can do the neopsorin/castor oil on edges and sulfur everything else! I am sure it may be listed somewhere on the site but how does neosporin help with hair growth?

You have done great. I am inspired.

That castor oil is the best. My edges was mess up to and I was told to use it and it has helped me a lot. When ever I get braids now I tell them do not touch my edges I will gel it down no worries.

When I see people with bad edges I tell them get on the castor oil band wagon they will not regret it. Keep using it girly you are on the right track.

And here I am on my way to go buy some weave for my first full weave install tomorrow. SSSSSSSSSSScary! You recovered well though.

Thank goodness for progress pics- for 2 reasons. One, they encourage you when you feel like you haven't had any growth over a certain period of time....and two, they remind you from how far you've come.

I'd completely supressed how bad my edges were at the start of my HHJ until I started going through old pics. My edges were never full and bushy(part genetics, mostly bad weave & braid installs :ohwell:), but the last weave I got at the start of my journey nearly obliterated them. When I took out the weave in July, I was thrilled with my overall growth in terms of length retained, but also so depressed when I saw my edges and what I now know was my first "setback". I vowed then to nurse them back to health.

I immediately dove into researching the archives for remedies and advice. Here's what I've done over the last 5-6 months:

July-September: castor oil applied nightly to edges
September-December: Neosporin mixed with castor oil nightly
December-Now: Sulfur oil mix applied to my edges every other night (my oil mix includes castor oil :yep:)

My edges are not exactly where I want them to be quite yet, but I am happy with the progress. I hope this inspires someone :wink2:

EARLY JUNE 2010- BEFORE THE WEAVE INSTALL
June320103dayspostBC-2.jpg

LATE JULY 2010- AFTER WEAVE TAKE-DOWN :crying3:
2010-07-22213904-1.jpg

MID-SEPTEMBER 2010- A LITTLE BIT OF PROGRESS....
September2010Edgescheck.jpg

DECEMBER 2010- MORE PROGRESS....
IMG_20101222_155815.jpg

NOW- JANUARY 2011
IMG_20110112_110113-1.jpg

Really happy for you, keep up the good work!!!
I am recovering from edges issues as well(reading your post really encourage me to keep going:yep:), i suffered from post partum back in november.
when i took out my box braids, my edges came out with it as well (bald:perplexed)
i also lost lots of hair all around but especially my edge and crown.
my regimen since 17 of november is: megatek mixed with JBCo three times a week, garlic paste prepoo )don't longer do it), biotin everyday ( but thinking of stopping cause i am getting lots of spots).
here are my pic from beginning of december to now.

Attachments

• IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01443.jpg
    DSC01443.jpg
    501.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01442.jpg
    DSC01442.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 16

forgot to say
ic 1 was taken on 4th dec
pic 2 10 of december
pic3 and four yesterday 13 jan

I'm so glad to see that so many of you can identify with the setback I've had with my edges. When I first joined the board, I quickly found out how seriously you guys take progress pics around here :grin: so I wanted to make sure I carefully documented my progress (or lack thereof) in the hopes I could help someone else.

To those who have pm'd me or requested additional information on the neosporin/castor oil mix-
I first learned of it on the board, but there wasn't alot of information about why it was effective. I've never been big on including anything in my regimen I deemed as "extra"....I can be very skeptical when it comes to things that have not been thoroughly researched and tested. So, I decided to research it myself.

From what I learned, the active ingredients in Neosporin work to kill bacteria on the surface of the skin that can possibly inhibit hair growth. The inactive ingredients include stuff like cottonseed oil, cocoa butter and cottonseed oil, so I figured, worst case scenario, it couldn't hurt to try. My edges definitely couldn't get any worse than they were already :nono:

This thread and the pics have actually inspired me to go back to using neosporin/castor oil nightly on my edges for even more growth. Here's to full edges in 2011!

Thanks again ladies!

Last edited:
Back