Hi guys!!!!! Back from Competing....

carrie

well, I am done with the heavy duty training for a while. Here is the update:

Competition- ended up 14th overall. Not top 10 like I wanted, but I did well in the physique round. My music got messed up for the routine and threw me off and brought down my score.

Hair- Still using the Generic Nexxus products (Bontoil shampoo and Humectress conditioner) I also use the real Nexxus Peppermint shampoo on ocassion. I have a considerable amount of growth. I was gonna measure this AM, but was running late for work.

I plan on adding biotin, silica and TwinLab's Amino fuel to my routione. And speaking of TwinLab...They are my new sponsor! SO I will be getting all my supplements for FREE /images/graemlins/grin.gif This will help competition expenses greatly.

Tried a new product and I am liking it. (still can't kick the PJ habbit) Its Humectant Pomade by Aura. I saw it at Sally's and thought it would be kinda like the one by Aveeda I can never find. I like it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here is a pic from the show:

[/ QUOTE ]

pebbles

Carrie,

With that body, you should have been #1, messed up music or not! Who could beat that body???? Anyway, it's great to read and see you around. Congratulations for making 14th place. Many women, including myself, wouldn't make it to the top 100, so you did good girl!! Your hair looks great!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eyvonne7131

Congrats! Girl you look great! I commend you on the dicipline and courage it takes to get in shape and compete. Your abs look awsome!!!! I hope to someday get rid of my double middle fold /images/graemlins/grin.gif! Your hair looks wonderful also!

HOTCHOCOLATE

Congrats Carrie,

I know my vote doesn't count, but you would have been #1 in my book. Sooooooo, Carrie help a sista out, what products are you using on your skin for that healthy shiney glow /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.
Do you total body wax? I sometimes feel I have more hair growing down south than on my head /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

carrie

Thanks so much guys. It is hard work, but I truly love it.

Hotchocolate, as far as the skin goes, I am pretty basic. I actually shave, girl waxing hurts! I know what you mean about the growth! I use dove soap and Keri original lotion. For a little extra shine like in the photo I add some Macadamia nut oil to the Keri.

adrienne0914

congratulations, carrie! ioancare what they say. you're always #1 with us—a true inspiration... go girl!!

adrienne

p.s. your hair looks great in the pic too! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tara

WOW! Great body!! If you don't mind, I have SOOOO many questions to ask you about fitness!

You look great!

Tea

Congratulations Carrie! Glad you're back and get a bit of a break. I agree with what all the other ladies have said. You are #1 in our books. Pretty hair, great skin and a wonderful phsyique most of us wish we had. Keep it up! You are an inspiration!

tc_333

WOW!!! My newest inspiration!!!!

I'm sorry about the music mishap, but am extremely pleased for you to have gained a new sponsor who's goodies you'll definitely appreciate and put to good and consistent use.

Horray for you!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sweetcocoa

Hey Carrie, congrats! You look fabulous as always. Missed having you around. Not only do you have a great body and skin...you have a great smile also. I'm also glad you seemed to have overcomed the problems you were having with your hair.

MissM

Girl, I can't imagine ANYONE being in better shape than you are!!! You deserve #1 and your hair looks really beautiful!! Best of luck in anything you do. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Hi Carrie! (I'm waving at you!) /images/graemlins/grin.gif
What was the name of the contest? I want to look for you on TV and in my magazines.
I went on a hair product shopping spree this weekend and saw you on a bonnet dryer box!

natalie

Congratulations,

You are a perfect ten in my book and your hair looks great.

How did you get started in fitness competitions? Do you model as well?

I am interested in fitness modeling but, I don't know where to begin.

nijilah

Congratulations on your competition! Are you planning a next one soon?

I just wanted to thank you for all the tips that you have given me and other posters on toning and cario. I have gone from 110 lbs to 105 lbs - which was actually my goal - and everyone has been committing on how toned and strong I look. One day, I looked in the mirror and I could seriously see the difference! I love looking like a physically strong women!

Thanks so much and 14th place is good. All we can do is our best. And I especially admire your arms and abs.

G

Carrie, I emailed you to ask fitness questions, I hope you don't mind. You look great as always. Good to see you back!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Integrity

you go girl!! we are all so so proud of you!!! God bless and welcome back, Carrie /images/graemlins/smile.gif

carrie

Thanks guys. Email me whenever you want. Leigh I know I still owe you...its on my home computer!

The show was the NPC 2002 Nationals. It should be on in January. Not sure if you'll see me. For TV they only focus in on the top 5 girls. When more pictures are available, I'll post the links.

Valerie

Carrie you look great!, I've got some questions too, I hired a personal trainer, she started at the end of July, and I am slowly getting more curvy, but the stomach takes a bit of time. Your hair looks very lovely. Congratulations on your competing.

rayne

Congrats Carrie!!! I hope that one day I can become disciplined enough to look as half as good as you do!

Compassion

Wow Carrie, you look fabulous! You've made me a believer. I NEVER truly thought that exercising and good hair care could coexist. I don't know how you do it, but you look great.

Blessings,
Compassion

iris

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I plan on adding biotin, silica and TwinLab's Amino fuel to my routione. And speaking of TwinLab...They are my new sponsor! SO I will be getting all my supplements for FREE This will help competition expenses greatly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow what a great deal! Thanks for posting your photo. You are an inspiration to us all in reminding us to take better care of our bodies
Those judges must not have been looking right because you look like you should have been in that top ten to me
Keep up the fantastic work! You've encouraged me to tone a little more before the summer rolls in

lala

Wow! What a great body. I've been working out and I see that I have a loOOONG way to go. I need to work on my abs. Any recos? Oh, and the hair slamming too.

carrie

I was wondering where this one came from! Like I said before, I am glad I can give some inspiration. Its not rocket science, it just takes time and dedication. I just like seeing you guys busting your butts right along with me. I am about to start getting ready for 2 July shows. One in the VA area (LMK if anyone wants to come out for support, I'd love to meet ya) and the second in Vegas. If you want, I can post my all my progress on the health and fitness board. That is everything but my current weight! You'd be better off trying to get my ATM card and PIN# outta me!

Paris Belle

That would be great.

I have been looking for some inspiration to get back into exercising. I am big and in semi-good shape..I walk a lot, can walk fast and far without getting out of breath, stairs aren't too good for me tho'

However, I would like some tips on how to stay focused on exercise and how to keep motivated. I've been eating pretty good for the most part too, but I have to make more of an effort.