Hi Everyone

Mickey

Hello Everyone!!! I've finally decided to post! Anyways I jus wanted to make myself known. I've been lurking since the end of November and paid the fee in December. I was to chicken to actually post. Silly Me:p
Anyhoo...

Umm I decided to be daring and I colored my hair on the !st. But now I have a delimma. I used to DC with heat every Sunday but now I'm a lil aprehensive since my hair is colored and I don't want it to fade. What should I do?

Sorry if this has already been discussed b4 but the seach never works for me!

TIA

Country gal

I think you can still deep condition with a dryer. I would advise it since your tresses are color. I just would get it well moisturized since your hair has chemicals in it. Welcome to the board.

ravenmerlita

I found that color was really hard on my hair which is naturally dry anyway. I didn't deep condition enough when I had color and my hair progress really stalled. Perhaps you can find a color safe deep treatment?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Hi and welcome to the board. DC'ing shouldn't affect your color at all. I think it would be fine to do it. The only thing I wouldn't do if I had color would be to clarify, that might strip some of it out. Maybe you could find one of those color depositing conditioners that help to keep your color looking fresh. I think Pantene makes one and John Freida.

Mickey

Okie Dokie...
Thanks guys I had kinda been frettin bout this for a while. Since DC has really turned my hair around. Your advice is greatly appreciated!

navsegda

Heylo! Welcome! :D I don't think the deep conditioning would cause your color to fade per se, but frequent washing (with shampoo) would. Maybe you could try conditioner washing once or more during the week and then only shampooing and deep conditioning every two weeks.

Tee

Country gal said:
I think you can still deep condition with a dryer. I would advise it since your tresses are color. I just would get it well moisturized since your hair has chemicals in it. Welcome to the board.

Great advice from Country gal!!! Welcome aboard.

Mestiza

Deep conditioning should be great for your hair! When my hair was colored, it didn't strip it.

M

Miss Nina

Hi, and welcome!! I think you can try one of those new glaze things. I know John Frieda has one and it's suppose to keep the color in your hair, but I don't really know anything else about it or if it could possibly damage your hair, but you can look it up to get some more info. I posted the link below.

http://www.johnfrieda.com/products/lcg/index.asp?section=lcg