WAVE NOUVEAU...anyone?!?

runwaydream

hello everyone! im new to this site. ive been lurking around for a day or so b4 i finally decided that i absolutely had to join and paid the fee. ive been looking for a good hair forum since the africanhairforum shut down awhile ago.
but even tho ive been looking at all of these posts and threads i cant find anyone who uses the wave nouveau or wave by design. i'd really like to find someone who does so we can swap hair care treatments cause managing the WN can be kinda tricky sometimes. anyway if anyone here uses it i'd be really grateful to u if you responded. TIA.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
WN is very tricky. I can't use it. I PMed you. The products I use and regimen on the next page.

Last edited:

FineChyna

welcome to the board

although i don't use it my mom does so i am interested in the answers if they are ever posted in this thread beside being pm'd

my mom's major complaint is that the product is too strong for her hair (she has fine hair) and that the curls don't curl enough for her face shape and makes the hair look bad with her face shape. (she has a long face)

runwaydream

yea my hair used to not be curly enough either but the last time i did it i had my hair in braids for like 2 months and my stylist put it in the smallest rods and when he took it out it was really curly and it stayed that way. maybe that can help her...

welcome to the board

although i don't use it my mom does so i am interested in the answers if they are ever posted in this thread beside being pm'd

my mom's major complaint is that the product is too strong for her hair (she has fine hair) and that the curls don't curl enough for her face shape and makes the hair look bad with her face shape. (she has a long face)

HoneyA

welcome to the board

WN is very strong because it can go from being wavy to looking like a real relaxer and I guess everyone can't use it. I'm allergic to something in the chemical it seems. Anyway, she can try Wave by Design. It's not harsh at all and doesn't burn the scalp. Re: the curls, she can try the smallest rods.

Kurlee

If someone can PM me the responses too or post it in the thread. I'm curious about this too.:grin:

HoneyA

Like I said I don't know very much about WN and WN takes special care, but the best products to use for WbD are

Soft N Free in the green and white bottle
S-Curl no drip (for NG)
Wave by Design Moisturizing Lotion
Wave by Design Finishing Mist
Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Lotion

The last three products are light moisturisers and the two top ones are the heavier ones (which are best for after washing the hair) and then I seal with castor oil.
To maintain
wash w/ CON detangling shampoo and conditioner 2x a week
D/C w/ heat 30-40 mins every time
Rinse
Apply 3-N-1 Botanical Oil, follow with Soft-N-Free Moisturiser
Air dry, then apply WbD Moisturising Lotion

Last edited:

runwaydream

what i use is hawaiin silky for moisture tho i'm wondering if i should continue b/c i read on here that u shouldnt use products that contain mineral oil and lanolin and this contains both. tho it IS water based and has jojoba oil in it... but it seems to work for me so until i find something better hawaiin silky it is. i usually keep it under a plastic cap as often as i can until i get the moisture balance in my hair down. i wash and d/c w. aphogee products and use mizani silkening gel (works like a dream) and wn mousse occasionally to get the extra curl in. u'll see a big difference in curl definition after using this.

FineChyna

she did use smaller rods but it was still coming out straighter. i think the product may be too strong for her hair. her hair is very fragile. it can't even handle a mild relaxer.

wave by design is the same thing as WN? i never heard of it. i wonder if they sell it here. but i will forward the information

carrie

I got one last year and my hair just didn't like it. I just had to do a BC. But in Wave Nouveau's defense, my hair doesn't seem to like chemicals AT ALL.