Henna on relaxed hair, should I try it?

keylargo

I don't know why but I just discoverd the Hennalucent thread. I guess I've always heard that Henna should not be used on relaxed hair. How many relaxed ladies have used henna? What brand do you use and how often do you use it?

Is it worth a try? I want my hair to be stronger. I'm not too concerned with changing the color.

Henna and Hennalucent are two different types of products. From what I understand, the Hennalucent has had the metallic salts removed so it is compatible with relaxers. I've used it for over a year with no problem at all. I've used the Neutral, Bark Brown, and one of the other dark colors. All the colors I used turned my hair black, so unless I want black hair I just stick with neutral. I've never used "henna" on my hair but, I have read that it is not supposed to be used on relaxed hair.

I agree with myco.
smile.gif
A lot of relaxed heads have had good results w/ real henna, but why risk it? Stick with Hennalucent. Or try Hennajoy's Lotus Powder. (everydayhenna.com) Whatever you decide to use, do a strand test first.

Back