Henna brand... ?

stelladata

Does the RESHMA henna brand contain all natural ingredients?

Hello everyone!
I'm a new subscriber but long time lurker. I decided to take the plunge today and join the LHCF team, though I am a few inches away from my goal, I can still use some advice.

I bought some Henna today and the brand is called Reshma, I was wondering if anyone knows if this henna is under the list of natural hennas that are ok for your hair or not. Here's a picture of the one I purchased.

I am a little out of touch, thanks in advance.

[pictures below, I finally used the Henna, my feedback is below :) ]

Last edited:

Platinum

:welcome4::newbie: I have that brand of Henna but I've never tried it. I've only used Jamila and Nupur so far, I guess I'll try that one next time. Let us know how it works for you.

stelladata

:welcome4::newbie: I have that brand of Henna but I've never tried it. I've only used Jamila and Nupur so far, I guess I'll try that one next time. Let us know how it works for you.

thank you :)
I should be trying it today, I hear it's ok for the hair since it's the natural kind of henna.

stelladata

I said I was gonna give an update about how my henna with reshma went. :grin: I really didnt like it. I guess i had forgotten how messy Henna gets, and the smell. Oh god. Anyway, I left it in for a total of about 5 hours, I kinda fell alseep in my timer :perplexed lol anyway. Washing it out was a pain. I ended up with some grains in my hair. I dont know if it's from my recipe or the fact that i've added some vitamin e oil to my conditioner and kinda used conditioner as base before using the henna. And, no color change, I don't expect to see any yet from the first application. But so far :nono: I might give it another try next week with a different recipe. And I definitely need to do a wash tomorrow again.
Here are some pics.

1. What I started with, I've been wearing my hair in a sleeked back ponytail for at least 3 days now.

2.Here's what my henna looked like after leaving it over night. Yup, I know you see the clumps too.. I was too lazy to blend it. I love that brush. The plastic bag is for after.

3.Soaking wet hair, straight out the shower after washing the henna out.

4. A few minutes later after it dried up a little. I can honestly say my hair looks a feels very much thicker. But those grains need to go asap :wallbash: I applied some coconut oil because as it dried it started to feel crispy or whatever. lol