Has anyone ever mixed Dudley'drc 28 and aphogee 2 step protoen together?

curlytwirly06

Reason I'm asking is because I have just enough of both bottles if mixed together for a full head treatment. I don't want to make the 30 min trip right now to get a new bottle right now. I do frequent protein treatments and have done aphogee 2 step and then henna within 24 hours of each other with wonderful effects so I am not worried about protein overload. My hair loves protein.

Anyone ever mixed hard- core proteins together?

I've never done it. I don't recommend it because they are both hardcore protein that need to be activated differently. DRC needs to be under a heat cap while Aphogee 2 step needs to uncovered to harden on your hair. You could try it but its at your own risk.

I've never heard of anyone doing this, but please share your results if you go through with it! My hair also loves protein and seems to be impervious to overload.

I've never heard of anyone doing this, but please share your results if you go through with it! My hair also loves protein and seems to be impervious to overload.

Ahh! Hair twin! My hair seem the same way! I will do and get back to you in a couple of weeks. Thanks for posting!

I've never done it. I don't recommend it because they are both hardcore protein that need to be activated differently. DRC needs to be under a heat cap while Aphogee 2 step needs to uncovered to harden on your hair. You could try it but its at your own risk.

I agree its not a good idea for the reason stated above. If you don't have enough product you could mix one of the proteins with moisture DC and get it all done in one step. I have done this many times.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

So I did it today. My hair has a lot of shrinkage and my curls were super tight after rinsing. I deep conditioned twice and now my hair is so big and fluffy it's amazing. It is almost back to my regular moisture levels but not quite yet. I will give it till tomorrow to feel completely normal again. My hair is very shiny and springy with lots of volume, something my fine strands are hard pressed to find. I mixed the two together and just waited till it hardened completely. After that I rinsed like regular and deep treated twice.

Back