Henna and Protein

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
How far apart should I do a protein treatment and a henna treatment? I am taking a 3 week break from braids and would like to do both before I am back in the braids. Oh and which to do first the Hard Core Aphogee or the Henna?

I personally would not do a hard core Aphogee and a henna treatment together. I tried it and my hair was brick hard for weeks!

If you do decide to do them. I would wait about 2-3 weeks between each treatment and use extreme moisture on your hair.

HTH.

It's probably best that you do either one or the other...I doubt that you will need both. That sounds like a lot of protein

If youre going to start using Henna. You wont need to use protein that much. Maybe once a month, once every two months..once every three months..And if you plan on mixing your henna with stuff like yogurt (which is a light protein) youre going to get protein from that as well and end up with protein OVERLOAD. Put down the Aphogee..nice and easy.. <3

Thanks for the responses ladies but that just leads me to another question. I was always under the impression that Henna was not protein, it works like protein but not protein so how can I get protein overload?

I am just going to go ahead and do the henna, dont want any oppsies.

Back