Helping Others To Grow Out Their Hair

levette

So I am really close to these lovely young teen sisters ages 15-17 who want to grow out their hair long.. Their mom does take them to a hair stylist but she tells them stuff like... Your hair will never grow past your shoulders so get a weave and stuff like that.. When these girls were younger they had long natural hair with thick ponytails.. They ask me questions about my hair because it seems long to them.. I gave them some tips but they apply heat too much to their hair.. One of the girls wants me to start doing her hair which I did do last night by washing it and styling it for her... I used loreal ever pure shampoo and conditioner because it is so moisturizing and affordable.. I mentioned about airdryingn but they dont quite understand the concept.. I dont know want to do next to help them.. She does wear half wigs sometimes which I told her could help her with length retention. I showed her how to pin curl her hair with Bobby pins instead of curling it daily

Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
If you dont mind spending a little money, get them a haircare 101 gift bag.

Include the basics: a clarifying shampoo, a moisturizing shampoo, a moisturizing conditioner, a protein conditioner, a leave in and a sealing oil or butter.

Type out some FAQ (basic regimen, vitamins, the importance dusting and protective styling etc) and direct them to some Youtubers or blogs that you feel are beneficial as an additional tool.

In 2007 when I first became curious about growing out my hair, Cathy Howse's book was a godsend. I purchased it on Amazon for like $7. Its an easy read and got me rolling. Next I found the the forums LHCF and BHM (RIP) and the rest was history.