HELP! Who else has ever had a tight ponytail addiction?!?!?!?!

mixedbella_85

So i have a problem...for years my solution to bad hair days have been to result to a tight ponytail :perplexed...and i have been doing good so far....until today!!!

I did a braidout kinda late last night, and this morning, it came out really bad :blush: I had a early meeting, and did not want to look unprofessional with my unruly hair, so i had to bun it. Loose buns look horrible on me (unless i really have lots of time to make them "sparkle"), so i resulted to my tight ponytail :wallbash: i feel so bad! Is there anyone out there that can relate or have tips on how to combate a bad hair day quickly?!?!?! :nono:

:look: I still do tight ponytails. Just not TOO tight. As long as your hair isn't breaking I don't see what the problem is. I moisturize really well and put oil where the ponytail holder is going to go.

ETA: I made it from shoulder length to arm pit length just fine.

I'm sorry but I'm guilty of the same. I guess we should invest in a good wig or two :lachen:

LOL! Girl, i am about too:lachen: This is so bad....i used to do it all the time, but i stopped. Now, i only do it in extreme emergencys! Like today haha. But, my hair was moisturized well, and still damp, and i bunned the ends. But my pony was tight, and i know it too....shame.

when i was in JH school thats all i wore. i would get my hair done in pretty curls on saturday and on monday i was in a tight pony tail. now, some 7 years later, i cant stand ponytails.

when i was in JH school thats all i wore. i would get my hair done in pretty curls on saturday and on monday i was in a tight pony tail. now, some 7 years later, i cant stand ponytails.

I WISH i could say the same :ohwell: I can not wait until i can get out of this bad habit...

Lol, I do the same thing :blush:. I like a loose bun, but my hair is cut in layers and the front pieces won't stay up when I try to do a loose bun. I always end up with a tight bun/ponytail even though I know better.

I once grew my hair from sl to bsl, but it looked kinda crappy because I had some breakage from too-tight buns. I had to cut it to apl for it to look decent. When will I ever learn? :rolleyes:

headbands!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Headbands always make my hair (even when it's crappy) look better. I will headband and throw my hair up with a chopstick in a heart beat.

I have no tips because I'm a tight ponytail junkie!! I just love em' but i hope I'm not doing any damage. I always worry about that. My hair dosen't look right with a loose ponytail or bun.

Actually I do know of another option....Hairzings. You can pull your hair back as tight or loose as you want with these (of course I do them tight). I guess it's another option to a ponytail. I have pics in my album and I one of the pics in my siggy is my hair pulled back with a hair zing (middle pic I think).

Back