Headache and sore scalp from fast hairgrowth?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I've been using the BeeMine growth serum for 5 days now, and today I have a pretty bad headache. My scalp is sore to the touch. It feels like my ponytail is being pulled too tight, but it's not. I keep loosening up the ponytail holder and my head still hurts. I know I'm not allergic to any of the ingredients

Has anyone had their hair grow so fast that it gave them headaches and sore scalp? Is this even possible to see results so fast?

Qualitee

Gurl I've even got the pain on my eyelash bed:lachen: I get it mostly in the front of my head. A member told me to massage your scalp when this happens HTH:yep:

tiffers

Gurl I've even got the pain on my eyelash bed:lachen: I get it mostly in the front of my head. A member told me to massage your scalp when this happens HTH:yep:

Mine is mostly in the front too! I'll try massaging it, but I'm scared! It's so dang sore! Have you tried massaging yours when it starts hurting?

Platinum

I had the same problem about a month and a half ago-I was 13 weeks post then. I think I wasn't used to haven't so new growth but I'm not having a more problems with a sore scalp.

Qualitee

Mine is mostly in the front too! I'll try massaging it, but I'm scared! It's so dang sore! Have you tried massaging yours when it starts hurting?
Oh yeah I so it all the time. You just have to be gentle and slow when you do it. You can add oil while your doing it too:yep:

yup :yep: after about a week and a half of using my growth aid, my scalp gets mega sore. the soreness goes away after about two weeks.

Nonie

I'm going to play devil's advocate here, so bear with me: I've never found any writing that supports the idea that soreness or itchiness is a good sign and an indication of increased hair growth. Maybe it's just one of those things where the proof is in the pudding and only those who've experienced it know this to be true.

My question is, does the growth spurt continue for many months till you change your regimen? Does increased shedding following the growth spurt? I'm not trying to scare anyone but I'm assuming that increased growth means faster completion of the hair growth cycle? So any extra shedding might just be from that.

My other question is, when the soreness stops, does your hair growth slow down even though you continue using the growth aid? Or does the growth rate stay high and the scalp remain sore for months as long as you continue with the growth aids? No adverse reactions from the soreness?

Can anyone explain this phenomenon to me? Why the scalp should hurt when hair grows fast.

me-T

hmm... what is this bee mine growth serum you speak of? Down pj! Down!:deadhorse:

anyhoo, about the first couple weeks of using megatek, i noticed my scalp feelin sore when i massaged, but it stopped after a couple weeks.

idk if i get increased shedding cause i shed a lot anyway.

Sui Topi

I'm going to play devil's advocate here, so bear with me: I've never found any writing that supports the idea that soreness or itchiness is a good sign and an indication of increased hair growth. Maybe it's just one of those things where the proof is in the pudding and only those who've experienced it know this to be true.

My question is, does the growth spurt continue for many months till you change your regimen? Does increased shedding following the growth spurt? I'm not trying to scare anyone but I'm assuming that increased growth means faster completion of the hair growth cycle? So any extra shedding might just be from that.

My other question is, when the soreness stops, does your hair growth slow down even though you continue using the growth aid? Or does the growth rate stay high and the scalp remain sore for months as long as you continue with the growth aids? No adverse reactions from the soreness?

Can anyone explain this phenomenon to me? Why the scalp should hurt when hair grows fast.

I use growth aids and this thought is always in the back of my head..but I havent heard anyone on here crying over massive hair loss due to growth aids...how long is the average hair cycle, because I've only been using my oil since april and I would like to monitor this

cocoagirl

I was about to order the Mega Tek and thought to do a search on adverse reactions before proceeding. Has anyone found a solution to the tender scalp issue?

Nice & Wavy

When I shave under my arms, about a day or two later...my armpits begin to get sore and itch...as the hair grows in. Why that happens, I don't know for sure, but one thing I can say is that when the hair gets to a certain length there, the soreness stops...until, I shave it again.

When I first started using growth aides (my first one was Lenzi's Request) I didn't start having some soreness until a few weeks into using it. My hair grew. When i use BT, the same thing happened. Now that I'm using OCT and MT, only in the beginning did I have that happen to me(some soreness in the crown area) and the crown of my hair was the area where I was having the slowest growth. Now, it's catching up to the other areas really quickley.

I believe that we are noticing these things that probably always happened before we were ever on LHCF, but didn't know it was because of hair growth. We are more aware now, especially because we use the growth aides more and we are seeing that they do work.

The one thing I've never had before with MT or OCT were headaches...never. I did with BT temporarily.

Hope that answers your question a little.

BrownEyez22

Bumping, I just got my Bee Mine Strawberry-Kiwi in the mail today. I applied it this afternoon and now I have a headache. Do the headches continue or is this temporary?

tiffers

Bumping, I just got my Bee Mine Strawberry-Kiwi in the mail today. I applied it this afternoon and now I have a headache. Do the headches continue or is this temporary?

My "symptoms" lasted about a week :yep:

gorgeoushair

I don't think it's anything to worry about. It's normal, though it's doesn't happens to everyone. You can get a tender sore scalp w/ or w/out using growth aides.

nodisrespect

girl whatever you do DO NOT MASSAGE A SORE SCALP!

ive been using mt and im fine when i just put it in and leave it alone, but if i massage it in afterwards (i.e. while it's still wet) i get a day-long headache for my troubles. i used mn for a couple weeks and i never got the slightest hint of a headache unless i unreasonably aggravated my scalp

xxBlackRosexx

I was about to order the Mega Tek and thought to do a search on adverse reactions before proceeding. Has anyone found a solution to the tender scalp issue?

I stopped using it. I did not like my scalp feeling tender. I washed my hair and 3 days later...still tender and sore.

That stuff's just not for me.

luckiestdestiny

Odd, I just started using it, and the second day, I kid you not, my scalp was sore. And I am NOT using the sulphur formula. I picked the non sulphur one. What's up with sore scalp? I want more people's response. Could it be an allergy or just fast growth? How would I know the difference?

luckiestdestiny

When I shave under my arms, about a day or two later...my armpits begin to get sore and itch...as the hair grows in. Why that happens, I don't know for sure, but one thing I can say is that when the hair gets to a certain length there, the soreness stops...until, I shave it again.

When I first started using growth aides (my first one was Lenzi's Request) I didn't start having some soreness until a few weeks into using it. My hair grew. When i use BT, the same thing happened. Now that I'm using OCT and MT, only in the beginning did I have that happen to me(some soreness in the crown area) and the crown of my hair was the area where I was having the slowest growth. Now, it's catching up to the other areas really quickley.

I believe that we are noticing these things that probably always happened before we were ever on LHCF, but didn't know it was because of hair growth. We are more aware now, especially because we use the growth aides more and we are seeing that they do work.

The one thing I've never had before with MT or OCT were headaches...never. I did with BT temporarily.

Hope that answers your question a little.

I think you're right about being more aware since lhcf. I'm very sensitive to how my hair feels, scalp feels, etc since being here.

clever

bumping.....

I've been having a sore scalp for the past week or so(mainly in the front) and a lot more shedding than usual along with a bad headache.What does this mean?

longhairlover

i get sore scalp from hair growth and i'm not even using and vitamins or anything, i have been trying to figure this out for the longest and I give up trying to figure it out. it's always tender above my right ear on my scalp i'm 17 wks post and this always happens.

i have my hubby massage it, and i gently pull the hair a little it feels good.

and it's always the same side on the scalp. nice to know i'm not the only one.

Well I use OCT mixed with a little BeeMine, I started Dec 18, and so far I'm good, but I don't massage my scalp unless I'm bored, JMO, but maybe the scalp feels like it's being rush to grow or the growth cycle is trying to develop quickly, I don't know, I'm not a doctor, but I'm not having any problems with my growth aids, no sore scalp or headaches.....I'm sorry ladies, I hope you ladies feel better.....