Help!!! So how much did my hair grew in 32 days?

liljoy

@liljoy, I just want to say that I am so impressed by the way you handled yourself on this thread. I read all of the pages hoping that people would chill out and that you would get some support. I am a newbie too. I just don't think that the way some people responded on this thread was cool in any way. I am sure that people didn't really mean any ill about it; however, it is not like all of us know each other personally. This may have been really hurtful to someone which would have resulted in them not feeling comfortable ever starting another thread. I belong to another forum and I see all kinds of threads/questions on hair. I don't see people getting harrassed and that forum is free! I am excited for you and your hair growth. Thanks for posting pics of your family and sharing your grandmother's recipe. I don't have access to bcp but all of the other ingredients sound very healthy for the hair and I might try it. Sorry for the long post. I just know I won't be starting a thread here anytime soon. I will continue what I have been doing, posting occasionally, learning and being inspired from the info and pics. Any threads/questions I will submit on another forum.

Thank u so much for your input, and I really appreciate your kindness, but I stayed around not for the people that had all the negative comments, but for the ones that were positive and open minded, if I was to run away from people that act like that, were would I be? Lol

liljoy

You are super cute. I love your hair texture and color. Interesting about BC pills. Never heard of that before. I know about eggs and vanilla though.
Sorry about your debut here. Don't stop posting.

Thank u and I won't stop... I mean who ever don't like it, won't read it right? Lmao...

liljoy

OP you are adorable!Im hope you don't feel offended by anything as curls and waves said. Thanks for your homemade growth aid. Keep on getting good growth:grin:...Im really trying to get an inch a month or month too .Have you thought about entering the inch a month challenge in 2011??

Thanks, I haven't thought about it but I will check it out.

che1219

There is a million thing people that lives in the country side of DR do in their hair and is all natural like for example if u relaxed u hair and wants it curly they do egg whites with vanilla, u beat it until is king of foaming, put it in you hair and is a lot of curls definition, imagine doing that on natural hair....

I usually don't tell people about this cause they are usually gross out about eggs in the hair, but it dosent stink or anything plus the vanilla takes away any smell if any...

Your hair is very pretty.

reeko43

Thank u so much for your input, and I really appreciate your kindness, but I stayed around not for the people that had all the negative comments, but for the ones that were positive and open minded

I know that's right!!!:yep: Well I will keep checking out your posts and I would love to learn more about the hair remedies from your homeland.

BostonMaria

Yes I do, just cut it up and put it in the blender with the other ingredients then use a colador, and mix it with u conditioner......

Thank you! Never thought to use Ginger in my hair. I have used Sabila straight off the plant - stinks like crazy tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casey3035

And I will be glad and thankful that people like you will read them...
Thanks for your patience, your post and for keeping your dignity and integrity in check.I will continue to read your post. I am also thankful for the people that took the time to apologize her. Welcome to LHCF-we hope you stay!

Lita

Looks like 1.25...In some sections...
I've used Ginger oil...After I had radiation & it really works...At least for me any-way I also added black pepper oil too..I add black pepper oil to every-thing...lol..Even in my JBCO mix

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

liljoy

Looks like 1.25...In some sections...
I've used Ginger oil...After I had radiation & it really works...At least for me any-way I also added black pepper oil too..I add black pepper oil to every-thing...lol..Even in my JBCO mix

Happy Hair Growing!

I am happy it worked for you..

Ms_CoCo37

It looks like you have a good inch there. Congrats!

Your grandmother reminds me of one of my great aunts. Her hair was to die for, and super healthy. All she did was wear it in a bun and in pin curls. All she used was grease and water (and of course, what we now call protective styles).

keepithealthy

Thank you OP for sharing your pics and recipes. I'm just now getting into mixing things with my conditioner. I don't think I will be using the birth control but the rest of the recipe sound really good. :)

Last edited:

liljoy

It looks like you have a good inch there. Congrats!

Your grandmother reminds me of one of my great aunts. Her hair was to die for, and super healthy. All she did was wear it in a bun and in pin curls. All she used was grease and water (and of course, what we now call protective styles).

Is crazy how before they didn't have all the products tha we use now days, and their hair was so thick and heathy just doing simples stuff, when did I get so complicated right?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

liljoy

Thank you OP for sharing your pics and recipes. I'm just now getting into using mixing things with my conditioner. I don't think I will be using the birth control but the rest of the recipe sound really good. :)

Let me know how it goes...

liljoy

I wonder if the curls get looser the longer they get?

I'm just asking cause I have A lot of shrinkage now, so JW

locabouthair

Am I the only that thinks maybe the weather in DR contributed to her growth spurt?

usually where I travel to a hot/humid place I get a lot of NG. When I went to Miami my hair grew so fast. Anyway just a thought.

liljoy

Am I the only that thinks maybe the weather in DR contributed to her growth spurt?

usually where I travel to a hot/humid place I get a lot of NG. When I went to Miami my hair grew so fast. Anyway just a thought.

I heard about the wether contributing to faster G, but I started using it while I was here.

brg240

liljoy you got great growth. i was thinking maybe somethings in the water in the DR. You and your fam has beautiful hair too :)

I'm not sure about putting bc on you hair but if it works for you go for it.

liljoy

liljoy you got great growth. i was thinking maybe somethings in the water in the DR. You and your fam has beautiful hair too :)

I'm not sure about putting bc on you hair but if it works for you go for it.

Thank u,

Platinum

Lawd hammercy at this thread.:nono: The mob was in full effect tonight.:mob:

Welcome OP. I'm not sure if I want to add BC pills to my growth aid but thanks for sharing.

ART11

Thanks liljoy. Love your curls! I am going to try it without the BC because I'm sure my doc won't give my old a** any but thank you so much for sharing!

MrsHdrLe

OP, I'm proud of you and the way you handled the "lynch mob". Welcome to the board. Keep updating us with your progress.
I'm not so good with measurements either, but I love your curls too.