Help!!! Roller Set Frizz!

LivingDol1

for those of you that have or are working towards perfecting the roller set... how does one combat frizz after styling your hair?

after i wash and DC, i use a quarter size amount of my leave in conditioner. i detangle and spray phyto organics canopy heat protectant onto each section. i use a bonnet dryer on my roller set (14 grey or blue rollers) for 3.5 hours. afterwards, i finger combed out the curls, out in some ORS Olive Oil(jar) and did a saran wrap for 15 minutes. i wore my hair wrapped to bed last night. in the AM, i put in a little more of the ORS olive oil and then added carol's daughter tui hair oil.

without fail, every time i do a roller set and try to wear it out the next day i have frizz! it's not like, moisturized frizz. the hair just doesn't all sit in the style as intended. it's like i have a frizz cloud. does that make sense? my hair is relaxed and fine. with all of the product i put in my hair, you'd think it would weigh down. what am i doing wrong?

i'd be grateful for any suggestions! thanks.

Carrie A

That's a tough one. Does the ORS product have any water or is it just oil?

The only thing I could think of is that I use foam wrapping lotion to hold the set.
Sabino moisture block?

One more thing. Are you stretching your relaxer because you could just have more new growth which will frizz if you sweat at night.

do you get all the hair under a shower cap?
Can you post a pic?

LivingDol1

That's a tough one. Does the ORS product have any water or is it just oil?

The only thing I could think of is that I use foam wrapping lotion to hold the set.
Sabino moisture block?

One more thing. Are you stretching your relaxer because you could just have more new growth which will frizz if you sweat at night.

do you get all the hair under a shower cap?
Can you post a pic?

i've used foam wrapping lotion before... jane carter... it made my hair break off. it was just too stiff.

the first ingredient is water. but the entire length of my hair doesn't frizz up. it's literally just the outer layer.

my last relaxer touch up was 3 weeks ago. so i'm not noticing a ton of new growth. but as i said, it's not my edges that frizz. it's the length of my hair.

maybe i need an anti frizz serum. that's the only thing i can come up with on my own.

gorgeous86

Try using a serum instead of the heat protectant spray. Just make sure the serum that you get protects against heat (more than likely it will). HTH

hillytmj

I am battling frizz myself, but mine is primarily due to the fact my hair is not completely dry when I take it down. I SERIOUSLY need a Pibbs or some other professional dryer because my Ion bonnet dryer has been taking 2.5 hours to dry my hair, and it's still damp! What I did last week and this week to combat the frizz (without heat) is super moisturize the frizzy hair. I use the Mizhani Rose H20 Overnight treatment and seal with olive oil. I then roll my hair. After a day or two of doing this, the hair and cuticle are smooth again.

Hope this helps. :)

BGT

I had that problem until I started using serum. I add just 2 or 3 drops of Fantasia IC serum in my wet hair before setting and my hair comes out nice and silky. :yep:

LivingDol1

I am battling frizz myself, but mine is primarily due to the fact my hair is not completely dry when I take it down. I SERIOUSLY need a Pibbs or some other professional dryer because my Ion bonnet dryer has been taking 2.5 hours to dry my hair, and it's still damp! What I did last week and this week to combat the frizz (without heat) is super moisturize the frizzy hair. I use the Mizhani Rose H20 Overnight treatment and seal with olive oil. I then roll my hair. After a day or two of doing this, the hair and cuticle are smooth again.

Hope this helps. :)

good point about the dryer. i sit with the bonnet on for 3.5 hours... ends are still slightly damp and i need to take out everything and then dry for an additional 15-20 min. i might have to bend and order a pibbs... but it will become a center piece in my tiny apartment....

thanks for the product suggestion. i will have to try that soon. :)

LivingDol1

I had that problem until I started using serum. I add just 2 or 3 drops of Fantasia IC serum in my wet hair before setting and my hair comes out nice and silky. :yep:

thanks for the suggestion. serum appears to be the way to go! :)

crlsweetie912

If you use a LITTLE Lottabody setting lotion in your mix. That should help with the frizz. The Lottabody is concentrated so you only need a little or your hair will be crunchy. I mix mine with some coconut or Keracare oils, water and salerm in my spray bottle and it makes my rollersets so lush, never crunchy, stiff or frizzy. HTH!