Any Tips On Roller Setting?

curlytwirly06

I'm so incompetent with a flat iron and a blow dryer and most recently magnetic rollers. I cant seem to get them in correctly, stop them from falling out, or not frizz immediately once I take them out. Can any of you seasoned roller set ladies give me tip on perfecting my technique? I watched countless threads and watched so many you tube videos but cant seem to get it right.

I'm so incompetent with a flat iron and a blow dryer and most recently magnetic rollers. I cant seem to get them in correctly, stop them from falling out, or not frizz immediately once I take them out. Can any of you seasoned roller set ladies give me tip on perfecting my technique? I watched countless threads and watched so many you tube videos but cant seem to get it right.

Did you check out Chary Jay's videos. She starts her roller sets on hair that has been previously stretched and dried. And also one trick I learnt from another youtuber is that if you use ends papers you should dip them in a bit of your product so it goes around the hair smoother. You should be taut when rolling the hair.

Best,
Almond Eyes

I stretch using the purple magnetic rollers. I do it on damp hair that has been moisturized and sealed. I use the Mohawk method or I will twist in medium sized twist and roll them up. At this point I will air dry overnight or sit under the dryer for 20-30 min.
I am natural and this gets my hair pretty straight.
Just keep practicing. It might take time but it's worth learning.

Back