Sabino & Roller Setting??

LivingDol1

so, for those of you who use sabino MB, do you use it only for flat ironing your hair or do you also find it useful for roller setting?

i am a constant roller setter, and i'm on the hunt to combat frizz... so i ordered a bottle under the 50% off promo. I used it today. I put in about a quarter sized amount in my hair all over, and then went back and sectioned off my hair to set it. my hair dries fast so i did have to spritz my hair a few times in certain places before rolling. in some places, i applied a pea sized amount more to certain sections.

i dried my hair under the dryer for 2 hours. when i took my hair down, it felt kinda filmy. maybe i put too much on...

styled my hair, and as a test i went outside to run some errands. we had rain yesterday ALL DAY so it felt kind of muggy today. i came back and check my hair. i had a halo of frizz! i mean, definitely an improvement from a previous time i wore my set down, but still, frizz was there.

any recommendations? has anyone tried this and found a way to make sabino work for their roller set?

please see my pics as attachments. the first 3 are of my hair before going outside. the last 2 are after i came back... i was only out for 90 minutes.

Attachments

• before_frizz.jpg
    before_frizz.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 23
  • before_frizz_front.jpg
    before_frizz_front.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 21
  • before_frizz_closeup.jpg
    before_frizz_closeup.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 19
  • close_up_frizz.jpg
    close_up_frizz.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 18
  • frizz_side.jpg
    frizz_side.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 23
Hey LD,

I haven't tried the Sabino yet, but I just used the Mizani humidity spray. I also noticed that it left a film like feeling on my hair. However, it did block the humidity. I think I may have used too much.

Hopefully others will chime in about the Sabino.

I think I do remember someone else trying the Sabino on a rollerset with good results, but I dont remember if they went as far as testing it in the rain. You probably did put too much on if it felt really heavy and coated, I saw a youtube video, Qtpie? I know she is a member here, and she used too much the first time and it was a little greasy. I might try a rollerset sometime this week, so if I do I'll try to remember to post.

I tried it yesterday and my hair felt weird and weighed down. I added a little more to flat iron this morning. It did not rain today but my hair is a big puff also. There is no curl or anything left to my hair now.

I feel like I wasted my time.

bumping... i can't be the only person who has tried to use sabino in a roller set.

I wanted to do this - and I spoke to the Victor Sabino, and his wife Diane....about this specifically.

Rollersets really don't work well for Sabino.

It is fine as a 'leave in' - as according to the Sabinos, you can use MB as a final product that seals in moisture ( wash and goes, etc)

It also works as the flat ironing product ( even though I will not use 450 degrees) It should work at 400.....

For whatever reason - it does not work as a rollersetting serum.
HTH.....:yep:

Back