HELP PLEASE! Remove extremely matted permed...

Fine 4s

hair from a child's head...
Any ideas?

I intend to purchase Cowboy Magic from Dover Saddlery. It's a highly concentrated silicone product. I've been looking through the locs threads for some ideas but since it's permed hair I'm not sure how it will work....

Please help this poor child....

Tks brilliant ones!

PS- this matting is similar to the Ateeya matting in sew-in video....tks!

Last edited:

Honi

There is no board.
How big is the matted section? What I tried when this happened to a friend was I put a lot of olive oil on the matted section, rinsed and used an ACV rinse to relax the raised cuticles. I let that dry because it’s easier to untangle dry matted hair than wet. After it dried I began to untangle from bottom, carefully working around it with a rat tail comb (the end of it). Took me 14+ hours. I hope you are able to get it out. It can be done but with a lot of patience.

Kacie

IA with Honi on the patience. Work in the cowboy magic and go at the knot literally one strand at a time.

Mook's hair

I've never heard of the Cowboy magic (it sounds good though)

I had to deal with this on a friend's hair once. We used A can of coconut milk and a hair pin and had to do it about 1 or two strands at a time. sometimes you have to use your thumb & middle finger to squeeze the matted place and massage it a little with those fingers to work the product into it.

It really takes a lot of patience and you may have to snip some place but with some luck you'll be able to salvage most of it.

Can you tell us how this happened? and how is the matting? is is in a few sections? is it all over?

I hope you can help this situation. Good luck.

Tamrin

unapologetic
Patient and one strand at a time. That has saved my life. Im dead serious.. One strand at a time. I stay away from combs at that point.

Hairsofab

I use the Cowboy Magic to detangle if I have in cornrows/tree braids for a while. Just a suggestion is to put a little bit on the section you want to demat or detangle and let it sit for a few seconds. It seems like it works better that way. Then try to finger detangle patiently.

Last edited:

sparklebh

Ladies I'm a big fan of Meg-Tek its really helped my hair, but let me say it can be a little drying so I do add hair loving oils to mine. I just got the "Survivor Super Detangler Shine" which is by Eqyss. Its a gel which is great for shine, but pls just a small amount because it can put too much of a coat on your hair. The bottle do say that its safe for human cross-over. I have one more product that I would like to tell you about and its called "Laser Sheen" its a dazzling shine and detangler, now this product is in a concentrated form, so one 12oz bottle will make a gal. of product, but you can make smaller amounts and the bottle will show you how. The box states the following:
1. Makes coat sleek and shiny
2. Leaves hair soft and silky
3. Detangles
4. Eliminates static fly-away
5. Never greasy, oily, sticky, or slippery
6. Just add water

What I did was put 1oz of the laser sheen and about 4oz of water and made a spray for wet or dry hair. I put it on twice a day or more if needed.

Has any one else tried any of the above produces and if so tell me what you think. Sorry I know this is a long post, but as you can see I'm new and out of control (smile)

Fine 4s

I've never heard of the Cowboy magic (it sounds good though)

I had to deal with this on a friend's hair once. We used A can of coconut milk and a hair pin and had to do it about 1 or two strands at a time. sometimes you have to use your thumb & middle finger to squeeze the matted place and massage it a little with those fingers to work the product into it.

It really takes a lot of patience and you may have to snip some place but with some luck you'll be able to salvage most of it.

Can you tell us how this happened? and how is the matting? is is in a few sections? is it all over?
I hope you can help this situation. Good luck.
[/quote]

I can't answer all your questions. I'm providing help to someone who is very desperate ( to tears) for her young daughter. I don't want to ask HOW it happened now because she is embarrassed about it.
When the dust settles (and hopefully I could help) I'll ask...gently :)
She said it's matted over a 2 inches wide section- only 1 part of her head.