Help!!!! My scalp is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cholet112

This weekend I deep conditioned overnight with my conditioner. When I woke up in the morning my scalp had the itchies. So like a nut I scratched. The more I scratched the worse it got. After I washed the conditioner out my scalp was on fire!!!!!!!! Wind couldnt even touch it without bringing unbearable, screaming, pyschotic pain!!!!! This was saturday. Every time I touch my scalp it burns and hurts. I havent been able to style or was my hair since then. Is there anything I can put on my scalp to get it back to normal.

Also, I have been using this conditioner all year so im not allergic.

Energee

This weekend I deep conditioned overnight with my conditioner. When I woke up in the morning my scalp had the itchies. So like a nut I scratched. The more I scratched the worse it got. After I washed the conditioner out my scalp was on fire!!!!!!!! Wind couldnt even touch it without bringing unbearable, screaming, pyschotic pain!!!!! This was saturday. Every time I touch my scalp it burns and hurts. I havent been able to style or was my hair since then. Is there anything I can put on my scalp to get it back to normal.

Also, I have been using this conditioner all year so im not allergic.

Hmmm...that's strange since you say you've been using it all year but of course allergies can pop up at anytime..you'd be surprised. Did you apply the conditioner to dry hair or wet hair? If you applied it to wet hair perhaps there was some sort of bacterial growth on the scalp that caused the severity of the itching? I'd say put some witch hazel on your scalp (use a spray bottle of just pour it on) and let it sit for a few minutes. That should help some. If that doesn't work I'd say go to the dermatologist..you may have some sort of inflammation/infection.
I guess the other ladies here can share their advice too. Perhaps some have had a similar experience. HTH

Last edited:

thefineprint

wow, i'm so sorry to hear that. would aloe vera help since it has a soothing property? i think people use it to treat minor burns. ladies?

lnhair

Did you add anything to the conditioner? And what was the conditioner that you used? I use to Garnier Fructis shampoo for about 6 months straight and i developed an allergic type reaction to it. It caused my scalp to itch and burn and i had to use switch shampoos. When this happened i had to wash with something else immediately. I suggest trying some type of shampoo that has tea tree in it. And wash your scalp. If this does not help, i suggest you see a dermatologist. Hope this helps.

gymfreak336

Did you add anything to the conditioner? And what was the conditioner that you used? I use to Garnier Fructis shampoo for about 6 months straight and i developed an allergic type reaction to it. It caused my scalp to itch and burn and i had to use switch shampoos. When this happened i had to wash with something else immediately. I suggest trying some type of shampoo that has tea tree in it. And wash your scalp. If this does not help, i suggest you see a dermatologist. Hope this helps.

She is right. You can develop an allergy to anything at any time. Go to the doctor. Over the counter hydrocoritsone cream can help.

Cholet112

Hmmm...that's strange since you say you've been using it all year but of course allergies can pop up at anytime..you'd be surprised. Did you apply the conditioner to dry hair or wet hair? If you applied it to wet hair perhaps there was some sort of bacterial growth on the scalp that caused the severity of the itching? I'd say put some witch hazel on your scalp (use a spray bottle of just pour it on) and let it sit for a few minutes. That should help some. If that doesn't work I'd say go to the dermatologist..you may have some sort of inflammation/infection.
I guess the other ladies here can share their advice too. Perhaps some have had a similar experience. HTH

I applied it to damp hair. I was Aveda Smooth Infusion Conditioner.

Just called my mom and she said I probably burned my scalp. Since its so irritable dont was it because it will hurtt. Im just going to put some antibiotic cream on it all weekend and pray that it gets better. If not I will have to go to the dermatologist.

I know this is vain, but I have worked hard on growing my hair and I hope this wont set me back any.

Last edited: