HELP! MY SCALP IS ON FIRE!

InJesusName

OK ladies, I did it! I finally went to a Dominican Salon after rave reviews about them. After a six month relaxer stretch, my hair was screaming for a relaxer. We decided together that a Texlax would be my best option. She used Mizani for sensitive scalp. Now I remember why I stopped torturing myself six months ago. Even though it was no lye, my scalp was on fire in about two minutes. She was very sweet, though. She took the relaxer out as soon as I complained. The rest of the process was painful! EVERYTHING burned from the neutralizer to the conditioners she used afterwards.

To top it off, she did not deep condition my hair afterwards (I did not spend one second under the dryer), she then blew out my already damaged hair followed by a flat iron!!!!!!!!

I feel like all my work is in vain. Not only did I destroy my hair with braids, but I murdered my scalp as well. The only thing I can say about the experience is that she did a good job cutting off a lot of the damage from the braids (I lost about 2 inches).

So NOW I am officially starting my journey. What can I do to soothe my sore scalp?

How do I condition after a relaxer?

Can I use MTG tonight or should I wait until my scalp recovers?

Since my hair probably did not process at all (not in long enough), how do I condition? Will S-curl make my hair revert to its curly state?

Sorry about all the questions, but I am just at a loss. Please help out this distressed Newbie.

Sorry about your experience. You hair will get better. Believe it.

How do I condition after a relaxer?

I think you should deep condition. Your hair may be underprocessed which could in turn lead to dryness. You may want to sit under a dryer or either just wear a plastic cap for like 30 minutes.

Can I use MTG tonight or should I wait until my scalp recovers?

I would hold off on the MTG. Let you scalp recover. You may experience scalp burns. IF so, just put vaseline on the sore areas.

Since my hair probably did not process at all (not in long enough), how do I condition? Will S-curl make my hair revert to its curly state?

First part I answered above. Yes, S-curl will make your hair revert because it is an liquid. Why do you want to use S-curl? Twist or braid out? If so then it would be ok to use.

I have used MTG right after a relaxer when my scalp was burning... Try in in one spot and see.. I would use something a little medicated like Sulfur 8 or maybe some Tree Tea oil mixed with EVOO... Hope it your scalp cools down soon...

HTH

Whoooa, sorry about your miss hap. but always remember your a paying customer in the salon and never let someone put any chemical in your hair w/o following w/a deep conditioner. I hope she based your scalp and you didn't just let her apply it cold turkey. :eek:
I would shampoo w/a neutralizing poo and let is sit for five min. at a time, then follow a DC treatment. I wouldn't worry about putting MTG on ya scalp right now until it heals.

Wow, sorry to hear this happened.
How long did you wait to relax after taking your braids out? I'm also shocked that you didn't get a deep conditioner, that's an automatic after a relaxer. Even after a wash you hear the girl saying "deep condichoner mami":lachen:

:lachen: you ain't lying neither, lol, but I guess every salon is different, but I also couldnt' imagine them offering that $5 cond. at the least. I hope her scalp is doing much better now.
santia said:
Wow, sorry to hear this happened.
How long did you wait to relax after taking your braids out? I'm also shocked that you didn't get a deep conditioner, that's an automatic after a relaxer. Even after a wash you hear the girl saying "deep condichoner mami":lachen:

Update:

I did put aloe on my scalp last night and it was still sore this morning (I wrapped my hair last night) when I combed it down, but now I know not to go back to this salon. I know that not all salons are created equal. I have 12 weeks of protective styling and conditioning to do before my next relaxer, so I hope to find another salon by then.

Before I find a new salon I like to watch the process first. I look to see how the bees operate in the hive :lol:

This is what I look for and like:
The girl that washes your hair is the one that roller sets it--I feel they know the condition of your hair(wet assessment) and what type of deep co and leave in to use. I also feel this helps to avoid your hair drying out. I like my rollo sets wet not dry.

The owner of the shop is doing hair just like the rest of the girls

The types of products they use--I like to buy products from them to maintain my hair. I look for Alter Ego, AG and Salerm. It also gives me a chance to switch up on my "salon regimen"

I watch how they relax hair while I'm under the dryer--This way I know who to go to for my touch-ups

HTH's :D

Back