Help me somebody pleeaase.....

ElizaBlue

I have super glue in my hair. I couldn't wait for my regular braider to do my hair and like a dummy went to someone who had their card at the BSS. Well she did the braids using super glue on the ends but I later found out that her idea of braiding past my hair was immediately past it. So when she put the glue in it got on my real hair. I got the braids done on Tuesday and I've got to get them out asap. I've checked on the internet and nothing really addresses super glue removal. I dread the thought that I may have to cut my hair. If I did it would be just the ends but still I don't want to do it. Help

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
The only thing I can think of to rmove glue is acetone. I don't think you want to put that in your hair though. Sorry.

bimbabe

she put what in your hair!!!!
Could you please explain how much of the glue is in your hair? If it is only past the ends then maybe you can spare alot of your hair from a cut.
Also if you find you have ripping and breakage do some treatments both stong and gentle for a while. Ditto for if you decide to go the acetone route.

Nonie

I'm so sorry, hun.
Hope this helps...

[ QUOTE ]
You Got What In Your Hair?
by
Karen M. Shelton

...The best idea is to contact the maker of the super glue and ask what they recommend for removing the glue from hair and skin. Some hardware stores will also have a special glue remover that can be used on hair and skin. Always test a very small part of the area with the remover before going full blast with the removal process. Some removers may be harsh for hair and should be used very carefully.

[/ QUOTE ]

Source: http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1236.htm

ElizaBlue

Okay I know I just need to breathe. Here goes. From the ends of my hair for about an inch upward the hair is hard and glued solid. What scares me is that on some braids I feel this same texture up away from the end. So if I start cutting I may still wind up with short patches. This is sooo depressing. I'm really trying not to cry and well....I got to go pick up my daughter, I'll be back later.

LABETT

you may want to go your local bss and purchase some glue
remover shampoo and the creme.

I have used robert's diamond bond glue shampoo and creme remover (white) when removing tracks from my
hair with no problems.I suggest this before using acetone.

diamond_nh

If I were you I would go back to her and ask her how she expects you to get this out. Also I would demand my money back. She shouldn't be allowed to touch another head of hair.

karezone

acetone or a trim. I feel so sorry for you. I hate when ignorant people are doing hair. They are forever messing up somebody.

ElizaBlue

Thank you ladies for everyone who replied. Well...I finally just steeled myself and cut at the glue knot. I had my boyfriend take them down and he was cursing the whole time. He seriously wanted to go and arrest that %^&*$. I probably lost about an inch all over but at least in three spots (braids) about 2 inches. What a costly lesson to learn. And she actually gave me a hand full of her flyers to pass out to friends.

adrienne0914

dang, i'm so sorry to read this!!!
you really should go get your money back! too bad you can't have her punk
arrested for assault...

karezone

But you can sue her for the cost of the braids if she won't give you your money back or something of equal value.