Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrwnSugaBabee

I got braids again yesterday. I was moisturizing them today and noticed she did not braid that far down. I use nail glue on the synthetic hair to seal it so that I can wear the ends loose.(has worked with no problems before) Well turns out the girl who did my hair, did not braid down past my hair. So i have like two inches of exposed hair all over my head! (it doesnt look bad but thats not the point) Which could lead to breakage, but that not the worst part....She put the glue to high up and she used too much so basically I dont know how to take them down when the time comes. I might have to cut my hair at least 3 inches if not more! I know you can use non acetone nail polish remover to take nail glue off but that sounds really harsh for my hair. Someone please help I am about ready to shed some tears. How can I take these braids down with the least amount of damage to my hair?

reformatio

Revenge of the Sith
Nail glue usually requires acetone to dissolve it, non-acetone may or may not work. I think that acetone on the hair at any rate will lead to damage. You may have to cut that part of your hair off. I am sorry this happened to you. I myself have had fears of this happening to me, which is why I insist my hairdresser does not use it on me. Anyway, I hope that someone else on the board has some other suggestion that does not require such a drastic measure. Best of luck.

baglady215

I'm sorry too. I did a quick search on acetone and hair weaves. It is used to remove some types of weaves:

"Removal of the pre adhesive hair extensions can be achieved only by using acetone ( nail polish remover ). Although I personally have never seen any direct negative result from the use of acetone on the hair it can work a terrible hardship on the scalp. It can burn the scalp badly and leave nasty chemical burns. Particularly on black people whose scalp does not secrete a substantial amount of sebum to protect the skin. It is also flammable and caution must be used when applying it during the removal process. Most hair designers believe that it is damaging to the hair and are not at all willing to use it."

J

JenniferMD

Oh my, I'm so sorry this happened. I would contact the lady who did your hair and explain everything you just explained to us and consult her on what method you should use to take the braids out. If she cannot give you a workable plan, she needs to make arrangements for a full refund.

BrwnSugaBabee

I found that the same ingredients used in nail glue are used in super glue, though i think its a little less strong. I would really hate to use nail polish remover, I would have to soak my braids in it for hours, but that may be the only solution :( I am so sad about this and pissed off, because I gave her specific instructions to braid past my hair :mad: . Thank you guys for responding, If anybody has anymore suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

kristina

Can't really give any advice but I can relate. One of the reasons why my hair is shorter than it was last summer was because the lady who braided my hair before school started didn't braid my hair all the way down and actually burned my hair at the shoulders! I didn't smell it until she was halfway through because I had a cold. To say I was pissed is a serious understatement. The only thing that calmed me was the fact that more of the charred ended had texturizer on them- so they had to go anyway. Yet another reason why I'm not putting any extensions in my hair for a good while.

Shatani

BrwnSugaBabee said:
I got braids again yesterday. I was moisturizing them today and noticed she did not braid that far down. I use nail glue on the synthetic hair to seal it so that I can wear the ends loose.(has worked with no problems before) Well turns out the girl who did my hair, did not braid down past my hair. So i have like two inches of exposed hair all over my head! (it doesnt look bad but thats not the point) Which could lead to breakage, but that not the worst part....She put the glue to high up and she used too much so basically I dont know how to take them down when the time comes. I might have to cut my hair at least 3 inches if not more! I know you can use non acetone nail polish remover to take nail glue off but that sounds really harsh for my hair. Someone please help I am about ready to shed some tears. How can I take these braids down with the least amount of damage to my hair?
a lazy stylist did the SAME THING to me!!!! and i had to cut off my hair....that pisses me right off! i dont understand how she could think it was OK for her to put nail glue on your actual hair?!?! :mad:

MJ

I found this:

Glue & Super Glue
This is definitely stickier. There are products on the market designed to remove super glue. The best idea is to contact the maker of the super glue and ask what they recommend for removing the glue from hair and skin. Some hardware stores will also have a special glue remover that can be used on hair and skin. Always test a very small part of the area with the remover before going full blast with the removal process. Some removers may be harsh for hair and should be used very carefully.
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1236.htm

and this...

Removing bond glue: Out of bonding hair glue? Use an oil sheen to remove the glued hair tracks
http://www.chennaionline.com/style/Beautytrends/beautytips/hair1.asp

I wish you the best BrwnSugaBabee, Can you sue her for mental anguish? It seems as if each weeks someone has a nightmare "hairdresser" experience :mad: and they all seem to get away with it!

BrwnSugaBabee said:
I found that the same ingredients used in nail glue are used in super glue, though i think its a little less strong. I would really hate to use nail polish remover, I would have to soak my braids in it for hours, but that may be the only solution :( I am so sad about this and pissed off, because I gave her specific instructions to braid past my hair :mad: . Thank you guys for responding, If anybody has anymore suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Iluvsmuhgrass

:mad: I would be hella-pissed. Truthfully, I am thinking along the same line of jennifermd and mzjones. You told her to braid past your hair and she didn't. I hate that this happened... I hope there's a way for you to save your hair without any damage. I'd definitely find another stylist.... maybe get opinions on how to proceed with an outcome of minimal damage... :confused: But yeah, girlfriend would have to fork over some cash.

BrwnSugaBabee

She is going to try and fix the situation today, w/ superglue remover..we will see how this works if not i am def getting my money back! i am not cutting my hair so i will figure something out by the time it is time to take these braids out. I refuse to let her sabotage my hard work! Thanks for the support! I wil update you on the "glue removal process" *sigh. :ohwell:

J

JenniferMD

Don't forget to update us-- I want to know what happened.

shalom

I feel your pain, sooooooo sorrrrrrrry this happened. The ladies seem to have given you some pretty good advice, keep in touch and let me know how things turn out.

beloved1

BrwnSugaBabee said:
She is going to try and fix the situation today, w/ superglue remover..we will see how this works if not i am def getting my money back! i am not cutting my hair so i will figure something out by the time it is time to take these braids out. I refuse to let her sabotage my hard work! Thanks for the support! I wil update you on the "glue removal process" *sigh. :ohwell:
I hope it works out! Y'all are scaring me with these braid stories, though :perplexed

prettykinks

I'm sorry that this happened to you too. I made a thread here a couple weeks ago with the same problem. The lady didn't braid past my hair before she used the glue. On the left side of my head the glue was put on in the middle of the strands. I was thinking about using the nail polish remover but I figured it would damage it more than it is, so I just cut above the glue and now I baby it all the time so it can grow back healthy. I hope it doesn't turn out to be really bad. Do you know how to braid? You might have to start doing it yourself so you can be sure of the treatment you are getting.
HTH
prettykinks