Help Me Fix my tacky wig

Dposh167

you can boil it with some perm rods on the end or something. Youtube has a couple videos on boiling synthetic wigs to get it back to "decent". But if you want it stick straight then idk. i think boiling is good for a curl

Seamonster

poochie167 it is a curly wig, so I want it to look big, I am going to see if I could find a videa all the ones I found just said finger detangle, and she is beyond that.

Iluvsmuhgrass

DeMert wig spray works WONDERS on old wigs. Use some wig shampoo to clean it (fill up the sink add shampoo and swish gently. Rinse well.) and use the wig spray once it's dry. EDTA: The smell can be LOUD and the product can be a little heavy depending on your hair so use sparingly. Think short quick bursts of spray. :yep:

If all else fails you can snatch up a new 'do at your local BSS and make it yours. $100 for a synthetic wig? No ma'am.

Iluvsmuhgrass

This one.

Seamonster

DeMert wig spray works WONDERS on old wigs. Use some wig shampoo to clean it (fill up the sink add shampoo and swish gently. Rinse well.) and use the wig spray once it's dry. EDTA: The smell can be LOUD and the product can be a little heavy depending on your hair so use sparingly. Think short quick bursts of spray. :yep:

If all else fails you can snatch up a new 'do at your local BSS and make it yours. $100 for a synthetic wig? No ma'am.

iluvmuhgrass Ok, when she said a $100 I was like, uhm... Thank you, I am going to get a can of that tomorrow and work it out. :lick:

SelfStyled

Wash it with with wig shampoo, then fill up the sink or basin and put about a 1/4 cup of fabric softner and let it soak for about 30 min. Rinse, air dry, and the wig should be somehwat restored. Something about the fabric softner works good on synthetic hair.

Seamonster

Cherrypie it might be, but I am going to try every suggestion on this board first :lachen: I love this wig.

1. I am going to try fabric softener
2. I am going to get that wig spray
3. I will see if it looks better with a cut
4. Try to curl it with perm rods
5. Add other wig products

After all of this I will see where I am