Help me decide on a curling iron

inthepink

Last week when I straightened my hair, I used my trusty Conair 1.5" barrel curling iron that I've been using for probably 8 years (I replaced it once with the same one). Well, it'd dead again - it still technically works but the settings have broken off and the fingertip holder has broken off. Considering I only paid 12 bucks for it, I do believe it's time to replace and not just use it anyway.

I plan on straightening my hair again for Christmas so I need a new curling iron. Should I get the same one again? Or should I buy a ceramic curling iron?

Here's my trusty Conair big barrel

Sally's Curlmaster Ceramic Curling Iron

I would like to try the ceramic iron b/c I hear ceramic is better for your hair. Does anyone have this iron? Does it easily "glide" through your hair? That's the main thing I'm looking for is "glideability." I don't want something that will yank my hair b/c it closes SO tightly.

Any comments would be helpful!

Allandra

I say give the ceramic one a try. If you don't like it, you can always return it to Sally Beauty Supply (with a receipt and within 90 days). I have a ceramic flat iron (don't use it too often), and I really like it.

miss_brown

If they make the Sally's ceramic in a bigger size, I'd say go with that. The ceramic sounds cool but that barrel looks a little to small for all your hair.

inthepink

Thanks Allandra and Miss Brown - they do have the ceramic one in a 1.5" barrel so I think I'll give that one a test and take it back if it doesn't glide well. I don't think I'm quite ready to make the switch to a flat iron!