Help! Has anyone had luck with Bald spots? pic(inside) inside

Have you had luck with Bald spots?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dieasha

My entire nape was bald for years and I mean YEARS!! Never thought I'd be able to wear my hair up, etc. I have pics in my fotki. Just last year I lucked up on Stephanie Suthers of Hairobics. Man, her products were the first thing that actually made my nape grow and I tried all the oils, sulfur, and hair vitamins. I used some liquid vitamins and whatever else it is, that she mixed up. Applied it five times a night and I had to keep my nape braided. Well, I didn't have any nape. She was able to catch whatever was there. My nape is thriving and I'm soo grateful. I still keep my nape braided...just because I'm scared of going back to being bald.

Yodie, what exactly is it that is being used on your nape ?

LadyPaniolo

Yeah, I got bald spots when I used to allow other people to do my hair :nono: Never again! Waiting for the hair to grow back seems to take forever :cry3: and I felt like all the world was looking at my bald spots like :shocked:

IMFOCSD

This used to happen to me alot, the last straw for me was when i went to a stylist and a few weeks later my my hair began to fall out in the back (my nape). It was so itchy and eventually it was bald in the back. I bought some medicated tar shampoo by neutrogena and it was so soothing and stopped the itching. My hair began to grow back and that's when i discovered the importance of stretching relaxers response in the back.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
MzTease,
Thanks so much for sharing your progress. This gives hope to all us who are dealing with the hair loss.

May I ask what's in your mixture.

Newtogrow
So sorry just saw this. I used a Megatek mix (MT with aloe Vera, castor oil, essential oils) applied to scalp at night followed by a homemade MTG mix (sulfur, grape seed oil, castor oil, essential oils and a little perfume oil for scent). Nothing fancy.

In fact, I broke down and bought Nioxin scalp follicle booster based on reviews here and found that it didn't work as well as my homemade stuff above. As always, make sure you keep you scalp clean.

Last edited:

cutiebe2

I had two bald spots which is alopecia areata.

I got steroid injections which I think are the best thing. One a tiny bit of hair can be seen I stopped with the steroids. I used mixes daily such as Emu oil, essential oils etc, but that was just a bonus.

weavesimi

I had success with MTG.

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App
Hi EMJazzy how long did it take for you to get these results?

afroette

what is MTG? that's impressive. when i had two bald spots, i got injections in my head from a dermatologist on two occasions.

sckri23

The best stylist I ever been to was packed one day so she let her intern do my relaxer ugh.

I instantly noticed a bald spot by my left ear and I was using doo gro stimulating growth oil and that bald spot was fixed right up.

Skiggle

MegaTek and Castor w/ rosemary/cedarwood/peppermint oil. Everyday onto your scalp. Keep the tension off that area and rub a small amount of leave in onto to the small tufts of hair.

yorkpatties

I had success by going to my dermatologist who used injectable steroids on the spot and topical steroids at home. Didn't take very long to see results either.

H0tPinkButtafly

I'm having a lot of progress getting rid of a bald spot I had since February. My mother said its gone but its still a little thin to me. The main thing I been doing is oiling the area with castor oil, vitamin E oil and coconut oil in a applicator bottle.

cynd

Freaking out because I just discovered what I thought was a thin crown is actually a growing bald spot. Bumping to thank everyone who posted helpful suggestions in this thread.

honeycomb719

Google Central centrifugal cictricial alopecia. I been in treatment by a very reputable AA derm with cleveland clinic for this condition. Not saying this is what you have, but the more you know the better. Relaxers are known for being the culprit.

cynd

Google Central centrifugal cictricial alopecia. I been in treatment by a very reputable AA derm with cleveland clinic for this condition. Not saying this is what you have, but the more you know the better. Relaxers are known for being the culprit.

Thanks for this Honeycomb. I also hope this isn't what I have but after reading about it (hadn't heard of it before) I do think it's worth a visit to a dermatologist. My older sister experienced pretty serious hair loss in the crown which she was able to regrow, so I hope I'm catching it in time and will have similar success.